20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Well aren't you lot a bunch of secret squirrels!!

I had no idea our original group was still going!

Thsnks so much for the invite Connie I really appreciate it!

I went off course a bit last week as I had no support and was practically drowning in the other thread! But now I now my friends are still here I am feeling good about next week already

Happy Saturday losers

Glad to be back
    Faye
  • eileenjez
    eileenjez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow was I surprised by all the posts over there. Very overwhelming and so impersonal. This is like coming home. Very comfortable being open here with all you kind ladies. Felt like giving up until I got Connie's message.

It's been so nice and warm here. Unfortunately we're being told we might get some snow on Monday. One good thing it won't stay around long.

The nasty scale doesn't know what it's supposed to say. I have been 3 different weights all in a matter of minutes and all within a 3 pound range. So strange. Oh well, I'll wait until tomorrow and then get a number to use.

Eileen
  • eileenjez
    eileenjez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @vicky1947mfp Just saw your post on the other thread. We're in North Dakota. Not strange for us to have snow still on the ground this time of year but it's been gone for a while now and I really don't want to see it again till next winter. We'll be going to North Carolina soon. Our daughter lives there with her family and we have talked about moving.

Eileen
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    253149qtzkf0ld22.gifToday was a great day. Besides teaching my regular beginning line dance class in the morning, I taught the afternoon class in the next town to fill in for the teacher who went out of town for the weekend. When I got home, the dogs asked to go for a walk even though Jake had walked them three times while I was gone.
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    eatless83 wrote: »
    Well aren't you lot a bunch of secret squirrels!!

I had no idea our original group was still going!

Thsnks so much for the invite Connie I really appreciate it!

I went off course a bit last week as I had no support and was practically drowning in the other thread! But now I now my friends are still here I am feeling good about next week already

Happy Saturday losers

Glad to be back
    Faye

Hi Faye. We are secret squirrels in the secret lair conjuring up healthy meals. I was drowning too. And yes the atta girls are nice to hear but it is just a giant party over there and not a close "family" like we are over here. I am really enjoying our family support system over here

So I splurged and ate out twice today. Once with my kindergartener for lunch and then with my 8th graders Girl Scout troop. I still managed to stay under calories. I feel so proud of myself. We had Chinese food for dinner. Buy fortune cookie says. "You are sociable and entertaining." How true is that

Esther

• Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    slw19 wrote: »
    one of the little girl's mom called me to tell me about a condition her daughter has where her hands sweat excessively. I felt so bad as she is very self conscious about it and didn't think she could participate. I spoke to the dance teacher and she is going to bring white gloves for the girls to purchase if they would like. seems so formal but if it makes this girl feel better, I'm all for it.

stephanie

I have that same condition. It's called Hyperhidrosis, which basically means "excessive sweating". The hands are called "Palmar Hyperhidrosis", I have it for the hands and the feet. It makes it really difficult and uncomfortable to wear shoes without socks, like heels or sandals. When I was younger I had a pair of knock-off Croc shoes, and I couldn't wear them "normally" because I literally would slip from sweating in them. Having it with the hands is really difficult sometimes too. Especially in hand-shake situations. And leaving sweat beads on things you touch is awkward. Unfortunately it also couples with swelling of the hands and feet sometimes for me. Or, cold, sweaty hands. It's not a fun thing to have, and it's harder as a kid. So I really feel for her. I think she'll be really relieved to have gloves. If you want you can tell her about me, so she knows it's a thing and there are a lot of people that have it. :) I've still managed to make friends and get a husband. ;)

My mom has that too! She went to the dermatologist several years ago and I think they gave her either a cream or something that helped immensely. I can ask her if you want, Hers was so bad she had to put a towel under her hand to write or she would soak the paper and smear the ink.

Tami
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Connie you have been a busy girl this past week. so nice of you to get in touch with our Easter buddies. Absolutely a delight to hear from them. So I say welcome back to our misfit Easter Challenger's
    too late for me to chat with them tonight but certainly will tomorrow.
    Welcome back to the nest [ overlook the name] or just pretend it is your name.
    See you tomorrow.
    Marie <3<3
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Tami I would love to know what your mom uses. I've dampened quite a few papers in my day. I've tried Drysol before, but didn't use it faithfully enough. It had a tacky after-feel to it. Other than that I've only ever heard of surgery or botox injections for it.

Marie, I love being a part of this group. You all have got to be the reason I've held strong. Coming here and talking with you all keeps me more accountable, and I know if I stop trying and gain the weight back, I will feel like I failed infront of all of you, and that pushes me to keep up the journey.
    Congratulations on your 4 lb. loss! That fifth pound is right around the corner.

@sparklecomet What is the moon salutation like?

@tenpets I'm glad you're back "home" with us! You'll be back on track in no time. :)
    barbiecat wrote: »
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
    I have used this quote in my head so many times to help me through a food situation. It's such a great reminder when temptation arises.

Stephanie, thank you! If I think about it, I guess I have learned to manage it pretty well. Most people have no idea I have it, so I guess I've learned how to cover my literal tracks, haha.
    I need to go brussel sprout shopping before I forget I need them!

@cristina0000 Make sure you're logging your calories accurately and creating a calorie deficit. That will make all the difference with those pesky 3 lbs.

@janiceclark08 The only thing I did differently this last week is I increased my incline on the treadmill on several days. I had normally just been going up to 5% incline, but I started going up to 6% and 7% because I'm trying to work out a fat "wrinkle" on the back of my upper thighs. It's coming along nicely, because it's partially caused by the fat in the front and middle of my upper thighs, which is starting to reduce as well. I also started tossing in some small extra exercises before my regular treadmill. I started doing some crunches, leg-ups, and lunge-and-stretch style sets. That, and a brief round of arm exercises with weights. Just some small little changes, I'm not sure if it made the difference or not. But I do know I'm going to continue to do it!

Faye I like being a secret squirrel! :D

-Rachel
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It feels so good to be back home :-)

Faye
  • rayw89
    Options
    My apartment office is hosting a pilates and mimosas event in the morning (which means I really need to get to sleep!). They usually provide food for breakfast too, I'm really hoping they have some 100 calorie yogurt cups. I think they had them last time, because there were some left over in the mini fridge there last week. They do this around twice a month when Summer starts to roll around. Eventually they'll be held pool-side. I love it. :D I'll probably skip the cocktails, or just make a tiny one. I don't like to drink my precious calories.
    My shoes have started to rub burn-style cuts on both sides of my feet. It's really bad. :/ But my only option is to push through and hope it stops. I've started applying neosporin type ointment to it, hopefully that helps a lot.

I'm so glad to be over here! The other thread is a part-time job just to read it. I joined the official group tonight and will check in there as well tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everybody! :)

-Rachel
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    eileenjez wrote: »
    @vicky1947mfp Just saw your post on the other thread. We're in North Dakota. Not strange for us to have snow still on the ground this time of year but it's been gone for a while now and I really don't want to see it again till next winter. We'll be going to North Carolina soon. Our daughter lives there with her family and we have talked about moving.

Eileen

North Dakota is one of the states we have not visited yet. Would love to some day soon.

What part of NC is your daughter? I am in the Winston-Salem area. Come on down, we would love to have you.

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Saturday!

:) Geez...what a rough 2 weeks this has been! I felt like I'd been getting up and going to the classroom every morning, and that was NOT cool. :s

:) Looks like the group is well on the way, and that IS cool! Hopefully, it will remain active until the end.

@eatless83 ..glad you made it back home. We kept coming over here just to get a breath of fresh air.

@wheatlessgirl66 ..I like misfit status, too..glad you are feeling good about the coming week.

@SeeAhtter787 ..yum..cookies..I bet you ate less than you would have pre-weight loss! Good for you staying under calories.

@barbiecat.. I would love to be in your line dancing class.

@eileenjez...glad you did not give up..we are here for you.

@rayw89.. good luck at your gathering today...you got this!

@eyegirl777va ..yes, this feels like family.

@vicky1947mfp .we are next door neighbors! I'm a transplant, though..originally from Kansas.

@sandcastles61 ..thanks for leading the herd to a different grazing pen!

<3 Marie...it's good to be back in the nest. <3

Have a great Saturday, losers!
    Stay strong!

Connie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday morning! It has finally stopped raining but more is expected later today.

We are new to the neighborhood and some neighbors have invited us to a crawfish boil later today. I look forward to meeting lots of new neighbors and trying a crawfish of two.

The hosts are having a family member drive the crawfish in from New Orleans. This is a serious party I guess!

Not much else planned other than a bike ride with my kiddos.

Ruthie now in Georgia!

• rayw89
    Options
    Have fun at your crawfish boil, Ruthie!
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I tried to post my weigh on the new July discussing told me I did not have pemission. Lordy me. I guess it is something to do with logging in.But what? I don't like things I don't understand. I am going to do like Nancy says she is.
    just post here , The golden sneakers, group 1-1-1 group/

Ruthie enjoy your crawfish boil. have not had a crawfish since my kids caught them in a creek by our house They built a major highway within 50 feet of our house and the creek is no longer there. Wonder where it went. Just lots of traffic now.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning!! my my have you been busy since I checked out. I have only been gone a day and so much to catch up on!!

social dance was a success and so many girls bought the white gloves. 1 week down and 6 more to go....such an awkward age.

ok so, I was down another 1.2lbs today, not really sure what that is about? going to make sure it sticks before posting....

going to catch up on everything!! happy to be home:) hope everyone has a great Saturday, will try to come back later and catch up with everyone individually.

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I just do not understand this new july challenge. It is not a thread as I know it and is not a group as I know it so what is it? so I am an old foggy who do not like changes that I don't understand. they are saying you can post a new topic but I do not see where you create one

So this Easter thread will be my July thread. Sorry about venting so much on this thread.
    Marie
  • rayw89
    Options
    Stephanie I'm glad the dance was a success!

And guess what? The pilates instructor called me fit! :O :D FIT. I've never been called that before in my life. And like my husband pointed out, it wasn't even meant in the form of a compliment, it was just stated as a passing fact. How cool is that?? It was great motivation to pass on the peach bellini and stick with my low calories yogurt cup. :) That was exciting! Haha. Pilates was really good, btw. I enjoyed it a lot. We're going to head over to the park now and take advantage of this shiny day.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    I just do not understand this new july challenge. It is not a thread as I know it and is not a group as I know it so what is it? so I am an old foggy who do not like changes that I don't understand. they are saying you can post a new topic but I do not see where you create one

So this Easter thread will be my July thread. Sorry about venting so much on this thread.
    Marie9

Marie.. Go to groups. Find 20 pounds by the 4th of July. I saw your post from yesterday in the introduction thread in there.

At the very bottom of the box on the group page, there is a green square that says "create". You can create a new thread just like you did on the 1:1:1 group page.

You can vent as much as you want..it's your thread..lol. ;)
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    So I finally made time to look at the new fourth group............way more manageable. So now I only have to read what I want and not so much mindless crap. Much nicer. But I still prefer our secret lair over here. B)

Esther