Do any ladies at maintenance want to share height & weight ?

Replies

• Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,592 Member
    edited April 2015
    5ft 5 130 pounds. Hoping to get down a little more..but I'd rather be more toned than anything
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    I'm 5 ft 2 and weigh 116lbs. I'm perfectly content where I am, I can wear my size 1 jeans and fit into my size small tops, so now it's just about maintaining. Maintaining is hard because I have a sweet tooth of 300 lb woman!

5'2" 117. 45. Happy where I am also. Takes self control. Not easy.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited April 2015
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    5'8, 180 pounds. I'm not trying to lose scale weight per-say because I'm finally happy where I'm at, but I am trying to recomp my body and lean out. If I lose scale weight, alright! If not, I'm ok with that too. Sorry if this pic is huge.
    2d1tl6s.jpg

This person does not count because this person has very little body fat and a LOT of muscle. She has the build of a professional soccer player. Most of us are not blessed like that.

You can bless yourself with muscle by doing strength training! :smile:

Sorry to butt in, I’m not at maintenance yet. Still trying to lose from CW 132 and then do a bulk to gain some muscle. @Sarauk2sf - you have totally badass muscle! That’s what I’m working towards.
  • karensuegill
    karensuegill Posts: 67 Member
    rdlewis123 wrote: »
    5'4" and at 155. I am 49 YO and am working on reducing body fat through weight training. I have lost 52 pounds in the last 15 months. I can't seem to get below 155 even with weight training 3x/week and 2 sessions of zumba. I wear a size 8 jean (5 sizes down) so I feel I have the right proportions for my height at this time. I no longer focus on the weight number but I definitely track body fat and muscle mass on a weekly basis.

• karensuegill
    I was surprised to read of your weight loss in the last 15 months because that is exactly the same for me. I am 58 YO 59 in May and I have also lost 52 pounds in the last 15 months. I have about 3 more pounds to hit my goal weight. I also wear a size 8 now down from size 18. I was thinking I would start adding weight training when I reach my goal. I am 5'5" and 151.6.
    Are you on maintenance now? If so, about how many calories a day do you eat to maintain?
    If you would like, I would enjoy being friends with you since we seem to have several things in common. I think we might help each other. I do low impact aerobics 4-5X a week and yoga and pilates 2X a week. I too would like to reduce body fat through weight training.
  • karensuegill
    That last message was for rdlewis123 in case it was confusing.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    five three 46 yrs old 123 lbs and recomping.
  • Shauna2626
    Shauna2626 Posts: 196 Member
    edited April 2015
    5 ft 1 in tall, current weight about 128 lbs. Body fat 24.8% (as recently determined by BodPod). Maintenance goal is to stay below 130 lbs, and work on getting a bit more lean.
    Starting weight was 172 lbs, around early 2011.
    dress%20before%20and%20after_zpskw8dwsu5.jpg
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Maintenance @ around 130# (I watch it closely and cut back when I see more than 3 pounds above this) for 17 months now. I am 63, 5'3", was @ 290# when I began MFP. I am really happy at this weight. I got down to 122, but it was a constant struggle for me at that weight. My body likes being @ 130#.

Hi, I'm 5'2.5" 65 years old and just hit 132lbs. I'm hoping to lose just a couple more pounds for a maintenance range of 124-130lbs. I started at 179 over a year and a half ago. Slow and steady loss with Body Pump classes 4xs per week and some cardio (about 1 1/2 hrs). I'm not sure I can hit around 124 but I'm happy with anything under 130.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    5'8, 180 pounds. I'm not trying to lose scale weight per-say because I'm finally happy where I'm at, but I am trying to recomp my body and lean out. If I lose scale weight, alright! If not, I'm ok with that too. Sorry if this pic is huge.
    2d1tl6s.jpg

This person does not count because this person has very little body fat and a LOT of muscle. She has the build of a professional soccer player. Most of us are not blessed like that.

What do you mean...this person "does not count"? That doesn't make sense.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    2d1tl6s.jpg

What do you mean...this person "does not count"? That doesn't make sense.

Missed that. No idea what that is about.

Very little body fat actually means you maintain on less. More muscle means you maintain on more.

Also, I did not see any qualifiers in the OP.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    2d1tl6s.jpg

I actually wasn't blessed like that either. I've been working hard for years to look the way I do.
    2301fc.jpg
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    5'4", maintain around 125-130. Been there since I grew up. :-) I was smaller when I was younger but I like being at the weight I am now. I could probably lose a few pounds if I tried but I feel good at this weight (for now, I don't really have to try to stay here, so I figure this is where I should be!). It's not so much about the number on the scale for me as it is how I feel. :) I may shift to the lower end of my range with the start-up of a new fitness challenge, whereas I hover at the higher end usually when I'm not working out.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    2d1tl6s.jpg

I actually wasn't blessed like that either. I've been working hard for years to look the way I do.
    2301fc.jpg

*Applauds.

You HAVE worked hard.
  • sorbus33rowan
    sorbus33rowan Posts: 36 Member
    5"7 116lbs. I'd like to gain muscle though maybe be 120-125
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    5ft5 133 Maintainance Range +/- 3lbs. BMI bang in the middle of healthy.
    Not completely happy with mid section (lost 5 stone last year) but hoping time and exercise....
  • ardenbeachlvr
    ardenbeachlvr Posts: 8 Member
    nancyat60 wrote: »
    5'6" Age 60 small framed female I am currently 123 goal weight 120 but once I tone up and build back muscle mass hope to maintain between 118 and 125 depending on how much muscle mass I can regain at my age I have lost lot of it I currently wear size 8 hope to get to a size 6 It is more difficult to gain muscle mass when you are older

I am 5'6" and 111 pounds at 64 years old and small framed. I have dropped 5 pounds since retirement in December, probably due to additional exercise and a more active lifestyle than my office job. I am working on finding my balance point now and would like to gain some muscle mass as well. Don't want to lose any more weight as we ramp up our training for a 60 mile charity walk later this year.
  • rdlewis123
    rdlewis123 Posts: 106 Member
    grace173 wrote: »
    Laura3BB wrote: »
    5'6 and 150 pounds.
    Been maintaining for a year.
    I'm trying my best to get to 150. I'm 5'6 too. I am currently 159 and struggle to keep it at that but I drink alcohol so I guess if I stopped drinking I could get to 150 but then I would be afraid if I started drinking again I would shoot back up again. I see all these 5'6 stats ladies maintaining 120+ and I hang my head! I can't imagine going down that low. I don't ever remember being that weight!

Hang in there. Don't compare your success with that of others. I'm 5'4" and weigh in at 155-157. I weight train 3x a week and Zumba 2x a week. My jean size is 6/8 so I know I'm carrying more muscle. My goal is to continue lowering body fat percentage. I bagan a year ago at 198 with 50% body fat and now I'm at 36%. Would like to end this year at 30% or lower. I could easily put myself down looking at other 5'4" stats but I know I have come FAR!
  • veggieshark
    veggieshark Posts: 153 Member
    5'10" and have been maintaining between 125lbs and 130 since about January!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Sure. 5 ft 5, 139 pounds.