girls who like bad boys.

Options

Replies

• elleninez
    elleninez Posts: 44
    Options
    I've had the reputation of loving "bad boys", but honestly, I'm not drawn to that part of it...not even the thrill. My whole thing is that I give people a chance, whether I should or not, regardless of their past and/or reputation. I've dated an ex-con (huge mistake), ex-druggies (another huge mistake)...but I don't have it in me to not trust people until I'm given a personal reason not to. "He used to be like this" isn't good enough for my stupid heart...I have to find out for myself, and usually do :(
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've had the reputation of loving "bad boys", but honestly, I'm not drawn to that part of it...not even the thrill. My whole thing is that I give people a chance, whether I should or not, regardless of their past and/or reputation. I've dated an ex-con (huge mistake), ex-druggies (another huge mistake)...but I don't have it in me to not trust people until I'm given a personal reason not to. "He used to be like this" isn't good enough for my stupid heart...I have to find out for myself, and usually do :(

Are you attracted to the good guys at all?
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Always in the friend Zone. Hated the FRIEND ZONE!!
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Well, for starters I don't think tattoos and motorcycles make you a "bad boy" and I don't think being clean cut makes you a "good boy" it's not the 1950's. I've met plenty of clean cut douche bags in my day. Also if a guy is straight, they are most likely checking out other girls, some are just more discrete then others about it.

I agree what makes a bad boy is the attitude not the appearance
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    If you date my daughter, get used to opening her car door, coming to my house to ask my permission. Just generally treating them as if they are special, because they are. If a boy needs help making these choices, I am there to guide them, if neccessary. Courtesy 101.

I would have Eddie Haskeled you, just like the other parents I knew back in HS. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Bad boys can be rugged and manly and we don't associate sweet all the time, willing to listen, and kindness with manly and sexy.
  • LauraDubbleya
    LauraDubbleya Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I"ve only gone over the first page of responses so I hope this isn't a repeat of someone else's thread. Its not your fault you like bad boys. You've been brainwashed. Isn't it obvious? We've been conditioned by Fairy Tales to like bad boys. Look at Beauty and the Beast. Even Snow White cleaned up after 7 short guys who weren't giving her anything but more dirt in return.

If you don't want to blame the fairy tales, how about Phantom of the Opera? Grease? Top Gun? Rebel with a Cause? Even the Old Westerns have some poor school marm pining over the rugged, heartless cowboy.

We as women have been conditioned by the media to go after the lost cause, the poor, misunderstood poet at heart, the rebel without a clue. The "troubled child" The good guys can take care of themselves and don't need us.

But you "good guys". Take heart. Eventually we women smarten up and come looking for you. Usually by that time, you're taken by some smart woman who figured this whole thing out long before we did. .
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Someone call me?

I suppose I'm a bit of both. The look of one with a harmonious blend of the other... Like chocolate and peanut butter... Mmmmm... peanut butter~
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Its true ..... I like my bad boys!! But a mix is what I prefer.....Sweet and sensitive wtih a badboy side....that way i get my cake and get to eat it too so to say :love:
  • damcool
    damcool Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    "A boy I hadn't met came to pick my middle daughter up. A "Bad Boy", if you will. He was picking her up for the Winter Formal. Didn't get up, when I walked in the room to introduce himself. Kind of sat on the couch with a tough guy sneer. I walked over to Tara and gave her a big hug and a kiss. We were standing up in front of the couch. I told her I loved her, and, as I was looking directly at him, I said, "I just want you to know that I value her personal safety more than my personal freedom or your personal health." His eyes got big, his jaw dropped and he said "I get it."

He never asked Tara out again. No loss."

What a wonderful father you are! I just told my husband this story and told him that he needs to use it someday...:smile:
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Someone call me?

I suppose I'm a bit of both. The look of one with a harmonious blend of the other... Like chocolate and peanut butter... Mmmmm... peanut butter~

#1 YUMM

#2 I just described you haha
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I despise drama
    I've always been attracting to the nice guy.....intelligence is crucial...and very sexy :smokin:

I married my on and off again HS sweetheart who was perceived by everyone...as the nicest, most charming guy.....good provider ......and world class cheater :grumble: :explode:
    So maybe i need a trip to the dark side..LOL
    :devil:

Nah, I don't think so :laugh: :tongue:
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    oh hell.. good guy.. bad guy... guess what... a guy is still a guy! nice guys just hide it better! bad boys let it be known from the jump that they are ginormous douche canoes!
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Why do we like bad boys? No, seriously I want an answer, not a rhetorical question.

I think it's because we like a project - something to fix. It's a power trip for us if we manage to tame them (which never works.) But, eventually you'll get tired of the drama, and go after the sweet boy. (At least I did.)
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends of what each girl's definition of a" bad boy" is if being bad is a guy who is not afraid to break the rules every once in a while..likes to live a lil' & doesn't care what people think of him I can see why girls are attracted...
    But if the definition of a" bad boy" is one who...constantly lies...cheats...& mistreats women....then I don't see how one can keep being attracted to one....is all on the girl's judgement & confidence
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    oh hell.. good guy.. bad guy... guess what... a guy is still a guy! nice guys just hide it better! bad boys let it be known from the jump that they are ginormous douche canoes!

someone woke up grumpy today :laugh:
  • southernlay_d
    southernlay_d Posts: 111
    Options
    How ironic. The "good boy" hurt me. The "bad boy" married me :)
  • decu68
    decu68 Posts: 78
    Options
    QUOTED BY ROADDOG:

When you figure it out, let me know. I've loved more than one woman, who dumped me for some guy that treated her like *kitten*. Never understood it. Must be a self-esteem problem.

It's one of the reasons I treat my wife and daughters with such deference. I want my girls to see it, recognise it and expect it from the guys that they date.

If you date my daughter, get used to opening her car door, coming to my house to ask my permission. Just generally treating them as if they are special, because they are. If a boy needs help making these choices, I am there to guide them, if neccessary. Courtesy 101.

RoadDog, great post.

Children learn many of their character traits when younger and my daughter seeing how I treated her mom, she should expect that from a guy and she does. She's almost 19 and she has been taught to "respect" herself and that others need to "respect" her as well. She has been taught she is better then those types of guys. She's been taught to never rely on any man and being able to stand on her own two feet. She has a job and will be going into her second year in college for the medical field. She doesn't need any loser bad boy that will cheat on her or make her feel like crap.

And like you said, "if a boy needs help making these choices, I am there to guide them, if necessary." And as a few boys have found out, me having trained numerous years in martial arts, huge weight lifter and involved in policing, I'm probably not a father you want to screw around with; I will bring the pain.
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    How ironic. The "bad boy" hurt me. The "good boy" married me :)

fixed cause obviously a good boy wouldn't hurt you.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I have tattoos, long hair, yada yada, Been shot, stabbed, beaten and dished out my own hell on earth for a long long time. But even that couldn't compensate for how ugly I am.