Starting P90X!

Options

Replies

• kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Legs & Back & Ab ripper X all before 6:30 am! I am not looking forward to week 4, Yoga twice :sad: I will be so bored! I am going to sneak some snow shoeing in, we have a ton of it here.
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    Kak: I agree with the yoga. I'm not a super fan, yet! And wait till you try Core Synergetics. HOLY COW!! I have tended to do some of my old favorite standbys during recovery weeks (like running :smokin: ). I'm sure that is not what I'm supposed to do, but I like it!

TOtally overslept yesterday, and spent the evening decorating cupcakes for a school party and cookies for an exchange. This morning I did the shoulders and arms I should have yesterday. We had an early dismissal due to the pending storm, so I'm going to go home and do Kenpo X with weighted gloves. That should make up for my lazy butt yesterday :yawn:
  • csnook2
    Options
    I know I go against the grain, when I say that Yoga is now my favorite workout.
    One thing to keep in mind. Tony incorporates yoga into EVERY phase of EVERY round, in EVERY rotation. So I believe that someone thinks it's awful important to your overall fitness gains. Tony himself admits that he can do the thngs he does, not because of lifting weights or the cardio, it's because of the Yoga. After submitting myself to that belief, I have to agree with him. Now, I HATED Yoga when we first started! The very first time we did it, I quit 33 minutes into it. I look forward to the tranquility I feel now when I finish. That, and how wonderful my stretched muscles feel!

O.K., enough on my soapbox.

Either going to do KenpoX tonight, or may do HIIT. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Keep Pushing Play!!!

Craig
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Keep encouraging and pushing us, Craig. I put off Yoga, so how will I ever get better? I think one of my issues is that it is just so long! I have been known to break it up. That seems to work better for my schedule.

I did follow through with my morning plan. I came home and did KenpoX with the gloves. I get frustrated when I don't think I'm seeing results, but when I'm honest, I can definitely feel my muscles becoming firmer and harder. :happy: It's just that layer of fat in certain areas that doesn't want to budge :grumble:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Legs and Back today, after shoveling snow for an hour. Shoveling really worked my core and back!
  • csnook2
    Options
    Did Legs/Back/ARX yesterday....All I can say is BOOTY! OWWWWW! How can an exercise that seems so simple, work the muscles into that much prolonged burn? Gotta love it! Some type of major cardio burn for us today.

Craig
  • kak1018
    Options
    Rest week for me yoga and snow shoeing today. I had no idea an hour of snow shoeing could burn 500 calories, get fresh air in my lungs and be so fun!
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    We were out of town this weekend; and we were snowed in for an extra day. Just got home, and we need groceries in a big, bad way!! No workout for me since Friday, and I feel lazy. I'll be hitting play later. It is my last week of workouts before my final recovery week!!!
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Just checking in to say I did follow through. Chest/Shoulders/Tris tonight, followed by ARX. I am nauseous now. Too much junk this weekend, I'm sure. :grumble:

Hubby told me I was getting grumpy, I should get downstairs and get my WO in. See what 2 days in a row did? :tongue:
  • kak1018
    Options
    I am doing Kenpo today I actually took yesterday off, Monday's are tough for me I prefer to sleep!
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    When you decide to shorten a workout, what criteria do you use? Quite often we get busy and don't have the time for a full workout and, unfortunately, don't workout at all.

Thanks for any help.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    When you decide to shorten a workout, what criteria do you use? Quite often we get busy and don't have the time for a full workout and, unfortunately, don't workout at all.

Thanks for any help.

For P90X, it's pretty easy to shorten the weight workouts. I just do one round of Chest & Back (about 30 min) and and round of Shoulders & Arms (instead of repeating each set, just do one of each and go as HEAVY as possible or do pushups/ pullups to failure for that one set!). It works great and is all that my dh does. And... he's lost about 17# so it's working. HTH! :smile:

Jess
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Good tips, Jess. What do you do for the WO that aren't repeats? Just do half? Of just follow the routine without the video, which might go faster?

Plyo kicked some calories yesterday!! Back and Biceps done for today. Now, off to enjoy some holiday work!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Good tips, Jess. What do you do for the WO that aren't repeats? Just do half? Of just follow the routine without the video, which might go faster?

Plyo kicked some calories yesterday!! Back and Biceps done for today. Now, off to enjoy some holiday work!

On ones like Chest, Shoulders, & Tri's we just pick our favorite exercises. A lot of them are similar ones anyway. And just switch it up. Same with Back & Biceps. We just skip some of the extra hammer curls, etc. It's easy to do and works much better for my dh's schedule to just work out for 35 min or so! HTH!! Have a wonderful holiday!

Jess
  • kak1018
    Options
    Thanks Jess for the great tips, I would be the one to skip the warm up and cool down which I know is not good. I did Core Synergistics today and I have to admit this is up there as a favorite. It goes so fast and I love the total body element. Absolutely great. Happy Holidays everyone!
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    It's been awhile! How is everyone? Is there anyone?!

I'm in my final recovery week. Our life has taken a bit of a personal tailspin, so I've only gotten in 2 WO. :grumble:

My next step is to figure out how to keep P90X in my life, but how to move on also.
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I hear you. Between Christmas and new year's we were building a loft bed and painting bedrooms! No time for workouts on a regular basis. I'm now trying to get up 15 -20 minutes earlier (before the whole family) in the mornings and squeeze in some basics. It's helping, but not what I really want to be doing.

Hope everything gets better for you soon!
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Anderson: Best of luck getting those workouts in! I am starting over, but I'm putting running in on the cardio days. Except this a.m., didn't drag my butt out of bed, so I need to get in Shoulders and Arms tonight which has several things planned. I hate mornings, but it works best to workout then!!!
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    hi everybody! so happy there are p90xers here! im starting on sunday! got everything ready to go! did p90 last year and had great results! love beachbody! tony rocks!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    hi everybody! so happy there are p90xers here! im starting on sunday! got everything ready to go! did p90 last year and had great results! love beachbody! tony rocks!

Good luck, Tracy! Make sure to take your before (and good-bye) pictures and measurements! You will be happy that you did. I love Tony too, he cracks me up. It's hard to believe he's 50, he looks awesome!!!

Jess