Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    For as much as I hate the "breathers", the "foot shufflers" are even worse. There are two people in particular here at work that cannot seem to master the heel-toe aspect of walking. Pick up your feet, woman!

I posted about foot shufflers a couple hundred pages back. There 2 people in my office that I want to stab in the throat with a pen every time I hear them dragging their feet like Walkers.
    Maybe they have one leg longer than the other and didn't want to do the crooked seeing your hip up and leg around thing. Maybe they have struggled with that all their lives. Waiting for one person to tell them it's okay...and that one person might be you.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Mo brought up her step-daughter's miscarriage and that set me thinking.

When I was trying to get pregnant, I had a early miscarriage (12 weeks in, but doctor thought baby stopped developing at 6 weeks). I had no idea how many women actually experienced miscarriages until I had one. Then everyone told me about theirs. I was shocked. It is much more common than I had thought.

My confession: I wasn't that upset about the miscarriage even though we had been trying to get pregnant. I figured the baby was not right somehow, and I had dodged a bullet of a handicapped child. NO JUDGMENT!

Sadly, they are very common and very misjudged still. Very few people talk about them. Understandably, but it is amazing how many have experienced this tragedy. And, no judgement for your feelings at all - I never say it out loud to anyone, but I feel that if this happens, it means the child was spared some terrible thing they would have experienced had they lived.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Not to ruin the vibe or anything, but my husband texted me a little while ago and told me my step-daughter had a miscarriage. I am really sad for her and especially sad for my husband. He was so looking forward to becoming a grandpa. I am a little sad too as I had just started warming up to the idea of being MoNana or GrandMo. :(

Oh no!! So sorry for you and your family. :(
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Hey, are we on page 420 on 04/20???
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Less of a confession, more of a rant...

I'm getting really sick of the hoops I'm having to jump through for a potential job. It's retail, working basically as a stock person/cashier. In the past when I've applied for jobs like this, it was: fill out a one-page application, go for an interview (or sometimes a group interview), get a call that you got the job. Period.

For this one, I had to fill out a half-hour long application online. Had a phone interview. Had an interview with an assistant manager. And now have to go back for ANOTHER interview with someone else! I'm sorry, but what is this madness?! I'm applying to a work in a store, not the freakin' FBI!

Sorry but this seems ridiculous and I'm just frustrated. If you don't know by now if you want me to work there or if you don't want to hire me, just say so! I'm a big girl and I can take the rejection.

On the plus side, I thought I looked pretty good all dressed up and fancy-like. :)

I think it is more to see how MUCH you want the job. If you wasn't fussed you wouldn't have gone through all of this. It's to see how dedicated you are. Good luck!

Thanks :) Yeah, I thought that might be the purpose; at least I hope it is and not that they aren't convinced I can do the job. I guess I can understand it especially since there is usually so much turnover in retail employees.

I think this is why they try to be more thorough, but it probably costs them in the long run anyway. Hoping you get hired and that it is a good fit!

Thanks! :)
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My secret is that there is a little house for sale that I am putting an offer on tonight and I am really hoping they'll accept. I'm so so so so so excited about it but I'm not telling anyone IRL (besides my family) because I'm afraid I'll jinx it. It's perfect for me (and my dog :smile: )

I've lived with my brother for 8 years and while we still get along the thought of having a space that is 100% mine is... well, to be honest I can't even think of the right word for it.

Good luck!! I've bought several houses alone. My first house was when I was 25, I still remember it fondly. :)

It's a good feeling having a place that is all yours and nobody else.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Yes! I thought this too :)
  • rungirl1973
    Options

That is awesome!

So, I missed when everybody was posting about foreheads. I have a very pronounced widows peak. The past few years is the first time I've ever gone without bangs, I'm still so self conscious about it. I remember swimming at a friends house as a freshman in high school and they all said I looked like a vampire (also outrageously pale).
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Mo brought up her step-daughter's miscarriage and that set me thinking.

When I was trying to get pregnant, I had a early miscarriage (12 weeks in, but doctor thought baby stopped developing at 6 weeks). I had no idea how many women actually experienced miscarriages until I had one. Then everyone told me about theirs. I was shocked. It is much more common than I had thought.

My confession: I wasn't that upset about the miscarriage even though we had been trying to get pregnant. I figured the baby was not right somehow, and I had dodged a bullet of a handicapped child. NO JUDGMENT!

I'm sorry to hear that. I have the same thought as far as there having been something not right with the baby's development. Not that handicapped children aren't right. When the time is right, it'll happen, I'm sure.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Not to ruin the vibe or anything, but my husband texted me a little while ago and told me my step-daughter had a miscarriage. I am really sad for her and especially sad for my husband. He was so looking forward to becoming a grandpa. I am a little sad too as I had just started warming up to the idea of being MoNana or GrandMo. :(

OH NO! I"m SO sorry. Very heartbreaking for all of you. Please make sure everyone takes the time and the proper individual path to grieve. Everyone will handle it differently, but it doesn't mean one person is right and the other is wrong. This is a very individualized experience. So sad.

Thanks, @BZAH10 . I agree. I hope everyone takes time to grieve.

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »

Yes! I thought this too :)

DENSITY!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    For as much as I hate the "breathers", the "foot shufflers" are even worse. There are two people in particular here at work that cannot seem to master the heel-toe aspect of walking. Pick up your feet, woman!

I posted about foot shufflers a couple hundred pages back. There 2 people in my office that I want to stab in the throat with a pen every time I hear them dragging their feet like Walkers.
    Maybe they have one leg longer than the other and didn't want to do the crooked seeing your hip up and leg around thing. Maybe they have struggled with that all their lives. Waiting for one person to tell them it's okay...and that one person might be you.

I personally know both of them, and it's not because their legs are different lengths, although, decent theory. I think it's because both of them wear shoes that are too big and they're too lazy to pick up their stupid feet and walk like human beings. It is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. If there was a name for that disorder, like the one where you can't stand to hear people eating (also a pet peeve of mine) than I have it. :smile:

• MoHousdon
    Options

Oh no!! So sorry for you and your family. :(

Thank you, @rungirl1973 . Wow, there are quite a few users with the name "rungirl..."

• Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My confession from the weekend- at 2:00am Sunday morning I ate a taco in a bag and enjoyed it very much! (We were chaperoning post prom.)
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

Happy 4/20, everybody!

Or as we call it here in Colorado, "just another Monday"

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

Happy 4/20, everybody!

Or as we call it here in Colorado, "just another Monday"

That made me laugh.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Momakanga wrote: »
    My confession from the weekend- at 2:00am Sunday morning I ate a taco in a bag and enjoyed it very much! (We were chaperoning post prom.)

Those look pretty good. I'd totally try one!
  • empireman85
    empireman85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    DD Birthday today, clelbrate!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Last night all I had for tea (I mean dinner/evening meal/whatever, I'm British) was a slice of cake. So good, don't even regret it as it was the same calories as a normal meal. And I was full afterwards.

I'm currently formulating my 'cake-based meal replacement diet'.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

I'd post a pic if I knew how lol)

That suddenly has me thinking how 'interesting' it would be if we could each utilize personalized currency...! :)

It would create one unbelievable nightmare-of-an-issue when it came to 'exchange rates', however... ;)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Momakanga wrote: »

Oh, bless you! For me that deserves a much stronger "reward" than a taco! Hormonal teenagers. Ugh.