Why do most hide their food diaries but boast their exercise logs?

Options

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    OP, why does it bother you that much? Why do you want to snoop on people?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I'm always disappointed for others when I see the amount of processed foods people are eating instead of going a little more fresh.

This is EXACTLY why I used to keep mine hidden. Now that I'm enjoying so much progress, I decided idgaf and made it open to show everyone that 1) junk food is not the problem, and 2) if they can't wrap their minds around a junk food junkie being able to lose weight, they can go back to their low-carbing or detoxing or whatever they think is making them better than me, and mind their own business.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Just for the old school MFPers who remember tickers in the forum posts. 6nrt6a97xpvx.png
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Because it's none of your goddamn business?

In actual fact, locked food diary/posting exercise is the default settings.

But really, why do so many people think that they should have access to other peoples food diaries? Do you go through your friend's pantries, too?

So much arrogance and entitlement.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm only posting because OMG LOOK HOW CLOSE THE HEART IS! (sorry)

53814024.png
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm always disappointed for others when I see the amount of processed foods people are eating instead of going a little more fresh.

This is EXACTLY why I used to keep mine hidden. Now that I'm enjoying so much progress, I decided idgaf and made it open to show everyone that 1) junk food is not the problem, and 2) if they can't wrap their minds around a junk food junkie being able to lose weight, they can go back to their low-carbing or detoxing or whatever they think is making them better than me, and mind their own business.

get it
  • manderson27
    Options
    Because it's none of your goddamn business?

In actual fact, locked food diary/posting exercise is the default settings.

But really, why do so many people think that they should have access to other peoples food diaries? Do you go through your friend's pantries, too?

So much arrogance and entitlement.

I like to see other peoples diaries (especially UK) for ideas it can be very useful and often inspiring to see how people manage their calories and nutrition. It can help you see alternative food ideas.

I don't feel entitled to though, if people want to keep them private then obviously that is their privilege. A lot of people find it useful to have their food intake critiqued. As long as it is constructive.

And yes I go through my friends pantries because that is where they hide the goodies. >:)
  • manderson27
    Options
    Just for the old school MFPers who remember tickers in the forum posts. 6nrt6a97xpvx.png

I'm so old school I remember when we used to be able to have signatures. Not ones you copy and paste into every post.

Ahhh the good old days :)
  • manderson27
    Options
    I'm only posting because OMG LOOK HOW CLOSE THE HEART IS! (sorry)

53814024.png

See the tickers ARE inspiring, fantastic job, well done.

Bring back the tickers I say.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I already listed my reasons for not having an open diary on another thread (or it may have been this one, but it was a couple of weeks ago and I didn't go look for it). For some reason all my logged exercise pops up on my "news feed" on my profile page. I didn't know it was doing that and I'm not trying to advertise my exercise. However, I care much less if someone has a problem with my workouts versus what I eat or don't eat. If I look for feedback on my food intake, I look for it, I don't want it thrown at me.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I'm so old school I remember when we used to be able to have signatures. Not ones you copy and paste into every post.

Ahhh the good old days :)

LOL.
    I miss the tickers. I don't miss the signatures. Some were huge.
  • RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Fear of judgment. I have a password key for mine. Also sometimes I just add the calories with the "Add quick calories" option without searching for the food because of lack of time. So it would not help someone to see what is in there.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I just can't be bothered to read other people's food logs. I just frankly don't care.
  • lautour
    lautour Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It's at 54th Street, if you have one near you. It's a salted caramel brownie - pretzel crust, chocolate sauce, salt, vanilla bean ice cream. It was more amazing than words.

I just made the strangest noise upon seeing that. The sound of desire in its most primal state. Nragggghhhahhhhhggghh or something like that.

Nragggghhhahhhhhggghh
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    lautour wrote: »
    It's at 54th Street, if you have one near you. It's a salted caramel brownie - pretzel crust, chocolate sauce, salt, vanilla bean ice cream. It was more amazing than words.

I just made the strangest noise upon seeing that. The sound of desire in its most primal state. Nragggghhhahhhhhggghh or something like that.

Nragggghhhahhhhhggghh

Haha :love: I had a lot of fun trying to sound that out, just so you know.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    56911737.png

It looks so sad since I reset it (the loss would be 61 pounds had I not).

Anyway, my diary is only open to friends because I don't need people whom I don't know to criticize my dietary choices. If I'm losing, it shouldn't matter that I can fit ice cream in almost every night.
  • DrWhoIsYerDad
    DrWhoIsYerDad Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    A lot of people don't want to be judged for what they eat. You'd know the answer since your diary is closed.
    AWWWW SNAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I just can't be bothered to read other people's food logs. I just frankly don't care.

Me neither. Most of my mfp friends are American, so most of their foods aren't even available here anyway. If i "like" someones diary entry on my news feed it because they've stayed under their calorie goal, not because of what they've eaten...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Well, for 1 thing, it's highly unlikely that you've come in contact with "most" people on MFP. For another, I believe that's the default setting when people sign up. For yet another, I've actually had people defriend me over the contents of my food diary. And finally, I'm sincerely curious why you care?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I dare say at this stage OP is too humiliated to return to this thread... :open_mouth: