40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    thanks larrodarro. i'm trying. asylum's HARD! LOL!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to join...please add me. I'm a married Mom of two....have dropped 30+ lbs so far. Goal is for 30 more!!! Please friend me! :)<3
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all. Hubby said he was feeling a bit better last night after being able to stretch his back out some. I guess today will be the test since it always seems worse the next day. He is very determined to keep moving though!

I just got a call saying my kickboxing class is cancelled tonight. Boo! I will have to find something else to do instead.

Keep up the good work all and have a great day!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    @3furballs- so sorry to hear about your kitty! I feel your pain! I had to put my two senior pups down July and Nov of last year. Hugs to you and your family!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Beeps - thanks for the tip on the supplement to take for the DOMS. Maybe I just need to adjust my thinking and realize I am making progress. It has been so long since I have been in a gym it is like starting all over again and hard to know what weight/reps to do. I appreciate your feedback as your body is a result of lifting and looks great.

Alf - awesome strawberry, I am ready for the summer season. Great job on the spinning:) I downloaded Spotify on my phone last night and it looks like they have some really awesome play lists I am ready to try them out today.

Jackie - Great job on pushing yourself on the run, kind of creepy that you heard a voice... I am glad you Kali with you.

Larro- I hope your back is better today, I must say you do not sit still much. You do not need a gym with all that farm work you do:)

Littlenell - great job on enjoying some R&R last week and only having a slight gain. It could even be water weight from eating out ect. I know that make a huge difference for me when I travel

KS- I hope you husbands fall does not take him backwards, you have come so far. Both of you have been hanging in there and I really pray he is able to come home soon and get back to less stress.

Nick - cannot wait to see a pic of your new puppy you rescue, I hope you get the puppy soon.

Today, I am going to gym to do weights at lunch time!!!! I am ready for a full body workout:)
  • ruby70
    Options
    haok3mtgwvz7.jpg
    cucumbers and King Arthur Pepper Plants started from seeds

dxl6snwvqmxp.jpg

5 varieties of heirloom tomatoes, started from seeds also. I am about 5 weeks out from being able to put in the ground. I wish it was sooner.

• Sapphire_Elf
    Sapphire_Elf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    New to this group! :) 42 yr old female, 5ft 6, approx 148lbs in weight - want to get to about 130 (where I was 2 years ago when I ran 30+ miles a week!).

Erm, about me: OH and I are doing Insanity and just started Month 2. Got the Max Recovery workout tonight :) I live in the UK; I cycle most days, horse-ride once a week and of course am sweating my way through the Insanity of Shaun T! So far I have managed to gain and lose the same 0.5 kg over and over again. it's very depressing, I wish it would go away and take some friends with it!!!!!

• JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ruby I was glad she was with me too. Let's just say she is a great judge of character & has proven she's there for me before with questionable people. :|
    Spotify...? Hm must check this out.
    Nice group of plants you have going!

Larro I hope your back/tail bone is better soon!

Sapphire_Elf welcome. It has taken me a while to get the same weight I was losing and gaining back to finally leave with it's friends. Stick with it you can do it!

NMLfitness welcome and way to go on what you have already accomplished!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids,

Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

I will be working really crazy this week as I have to cover 2 departments. My coworker's oldest grandson and nephew were murdered on Friday night and of course she is out this week.

It appears life has been happening to all of us in some form or fashion.

3furballs---Sorry about your loss. Losing a pet is very difficult and very painful. I am sending you a big comforting hug. I hope you know that another cat is waiting for your love.

KellySue- I hope your hubby is ok.

Alf--- That strawberry is missing one thing....WHIPPED CREAM...lol

Beeps--Lift Heavier....BOOM

I did extreme fit yesterday and I was whipped. Nothing today but a brief walk.

Hugs and my love to the rest of you. Please forgive me.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the sympathy everyone. I'm a little surprised how upset I've been, thought I was ready, but when I think about it, she was part of my life for 19 years. Also seems like the end of an era.

Caramel, that is horrible about your coworker, hope she is ok.

Alf, lovely strawberry! We planted some last year but something ate them, plants and all!

Larro, hope your back feel sbetter quickly, nothing quite as uncomfortable as a sore back.

Sapphire_Elf, welcome! Sounds like your activity is picking up and you'll lose that .5kg in no time I'm sure.

KellySue, I hope your husband is ok!

Ruby, good luck getting that full body workout in!

Figures, with getting back to working out and a weekend of indulgence, the scale was up, pretty sure it's just water weight and I know better than to weigh myself midday but yuck! Of to kickboxing and kettlebell tonight.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the well wishes for Hubby! I think we are good. He made it through therapy today and did well. Also, it is official!!! He is coming home on Saturday!! They wanted to know what time I would be there and I said that I would be there at 10:00 (can't be there earlier) and if he is ready to go, great. If not, I will wait until he is. So very excited! Kids have already made plans to bring him his favorite pizza for dinner on Saturday night!
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ah, KellySue - that's so great! I'm really pleased for you and your family! :)
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Caramel that is horrible! My heart goes out to your coworker. :'(

KellySue that is fantastic news!!!! Saturday will not come quick enough for you. :)
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    KellySue, That's awesome! Enjoy the success!
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I hate, hate, hate being tied to a particular time for aerobics classes. With 3 kids (2 teens!), 2 dogs, a husband, and - oh you get the idea - I'm never on time and then end up skipping. I've started tuning in the Daily Burn on my iPad and think I may stay. Anyone else have comments on Daily Burn?

On a related note, this weekend's walk was 3.25 miles through the botanical garden. Azaleas, dogwoods, cherries, and camellias in bloom.

v240sqac2sxo.jpg
    3wjdrlkk0gen.jpg
    jva8h0zuc4od.jpg
    f7mss7xyu6qq.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    Yay, KellySue!b

I lifted today. That is 2 days in a row. So, tomorrow is a rest day.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Hi everyone!!!! Sorry won't be able to address everyone.

KS glad to hear hubby is well!!

Caramel, so sad to hear about your coworker. My goodness! That tiny strawberry? I ate it today, it wasn't too sweet. There are more but they are smaller and green.

Ruby, nice!!! It's our second year yo attempt container planting. The soil here is horrible. We had some successes snd some disappointments. Our mint is coming out again and our rosemary. We are attempting tomatoes again but Texan varieties.

I did a Bikram yoga class today. Namaste!
  • ruby70
    Options
    Kelly Sue - YEAH, I am so happy for you. I know Saturday will not come soon enough for you. That will be so great to have your family back together again.
    Caramel - Prayers to you and you coworker. That is horrible news.
    Alisha - thanks for the beautiful photos of the blooms. It was snowing here today, Yes, snowing!!!! Thanks for the sharing the color.

OMG ya all, I cannot stand the way I look in the gym mirrors. I did not realize how bad and out of shape I had gotten. I am trying to stay strong and not be negative about myself but this is the 1st time ever I feel uncomfortable to work out in public with my body. I know I have to start somewhere but this is hard. I cannot believe how much strength I have lost since I had a full array of equipment. Next week I am going to start another round of Chalene Extreme at home in the mornings and then use the gym later in the day.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    webbeyes wrote: »
    Well, Fitbit steps read "zero" yesterday. That's because it sat on my desk while I washed, primed and painted walls. Wheeeee!

That seems to be a drawback to those things - actually wearing it
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    3furballs - enjoy the memories of the cat