40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    These holidays are killing me....the food, the eating, my crabby mother....

My oarents leave tomorrow, but my s-i-l and her three kids arrive tonight.

I am not doing a "staycation" ever again. Ever.

I will RACE back to the office (and the gym!) on Monday. True story.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    These holidays are killing me....the food, the eating, my crabby mother....

My oarents leave tomorrow, but my s-i-l and her three kids arrive tonight.

I am not doing a "staycation" ever again. Ever.

I will RACE back to the office (and the gym!) on Monday. True story.

One of the advantages of our 'guest' bedroom being used to store old stereos and speakers is there in no room for guests. We do have a sofa sleeper in my office and I made sure the couch was at least 6' long, so if it's company we want, we can find a place for them to sleep. For anyone else, I recommend one of the hotels along I-10.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    You got it, larro! How i should have thought this through, lol!

Anyway, my s-i-l arrived with her two kids last night....my kidlets are enjoying their cousin-time.

We all part ways tomorrow.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello cool kids!!! I have been eating really well lately. I have plans to keep this up for a while. I already see and feel the difference in my body. Yeah!!!

KS, glad to hear your husband is doing well. :drinker:

Beeps, I totally understand you. Sometimes being around family too long can be exhausting. :laugh: :wink: Glad to hear from you!

Caramel, great job dealing with stress!!!! Isnt that empowering???

kj, don't give up. I know how hard it is to be close to your goal. Those last 5-10lbs are so hard to lose but it can be done. Take it from me. I have been losing the same last 10lbs for years now. :grumble: :noway: Maintenance is a *kitten*!!!! Let's do it together!!!! what are you mainly struggling with?

Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Morning!!!!!!!!!

So much to respond to! I wrote a long post yesterday and right as I clicked " reply" MFP went down for maintenance :grumble:

I went back and forth on whether I should post this in a public forum because it was horrifying but now it's kind of hilarious when I think about it. I didn't post 2 days ago BECAUSE I spent the day detangling my hair. Rewind : Im swiffering my livingroom hardwood floor, moving all the furniture, enjoying some music. Kids are outside playing, my BF is out running errands. I move a small table with a large fan on it, not hearing that it is ON the low setting ( music thumping ). I bend behind it to unplug it and WHRRRRRRRRRRRRR FFFT. My hair gets sucked up in it. I yelled, I couldn't MOVE. I quickly reefed the power cord out of the wall and stood hunched over - my back very uncomfortable and my hair twisted and caught in the blades. OMG.

I yelled for someone to help me, ( MUSIC STILL PLAYING la la la ) no one hears me. After a few minutes and a few tears, I hear my 12 yr old say " Mooo-ooom? - WHAT are you DOING?!! " I yell for him to turn the music off and go get the neighbour. The fan is too heavy from the position I'm in and every time I move, it hurts my head/hair. He snickers and runs off. 5 minutes later I have the neighbour couple, their 2 kids, the guy across the street and my kids standing on my freshly buffed floor all trading ideas on how to help me.

After about 25 minutes and a few snips of the scissors, I'm free. I'm humiliated and my hair looks like a haystack of knots. I thank everyone and go into the shower and begin conditioning and combing my hair ........

I can laugh now but I was in state of tears/shock the entire night after that :laugh:

Im having a great day today ( anything is better than that !! LOL ) and intend on taking advantage of the sunshine and having a bike ride with my kiddos.

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend, best to you all :flowerforyou:

JFM
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Omg!! I would have cried and cried and cried!
  • kjgarcia
    kjgarcia Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Oh geeze JFM!! Scary!!

Alf: I'm not 10 lbs away from my goal (unfortunately!), just a lb away from having lost my first 10 :)
  • kjgarcia
    kjgarcia Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I did a tiny bit better yesterday food-wise....a tiny bit....baby steps! LOL I did just get back from a 4.38 mile walk though :)
  • 808Kine
    808Kine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi ya Cool Kids! My name is Rose and I'm a food aholic! Love all of it! Sweet, savory, hot, mild, foreign, domestic.....I just flippin' love food! Anyway, trying to get back to cleaner eating habits because the poundage and fat ratio are creeping in the wrong direction. 44 years young and the body is fiercely rationing for that famine that will likely never come :-) Just joined a gym and started logging on MFP, would love to share ideas and wisdom (okay, maybe I'll be a fly on the wall for awhile until I can actually impart some myself LOL)!
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi cool kids! I turned 40 in March and I'm waging bloody war against the impending middle-aged spread!
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi cool kids! I turned 40 in March and I'm waging bloody war against the impending middle-aged spread!

Kinda looks like your winning darlin:)
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options

Kinda looks like your winning darlin:)

Awwwww thank you! :)
  • alf1163
    Options
    Welcome new cool kids!!!!!!!!!!!!! I needmoar, you are doing a fantastic job!! Keep up the good work!! We are all fighting the same war. Let's win it together!!! 808kine, I love food too!!! But I am fighting the not so good stuff now, I had too much of it since May and it is showing on my body. I don't like it!!!! So game on!!!!

JFM, that sounded like a horror story!!! I am glad you are laughing about it right now. Ouch!!! :noway: One of my cousins many many years ago, when you didnt have to wear hair nets working at a food shop...she had very long hair and was preparing ice cream in a commercial ice cream maker and her hair got caught in it. It had to be cut and she also had to go to the hospital. :noway:

kjgarcia, baby steps will get you to your goal!!! Be patient but consistent! :drinker:

I should be in bed but instead on here and also cleaning while everyone is sleeping...:flowerforyou:
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning Cool Kids.

I have the house to myself today. For once I have a Sunday off and Margie is working {early voting}. Last night the plan was for me to repay Sister for taking me to the river by dropping her, BIL and kayaks off up the river, but they backed out this morning. Chance of thunderstorms was too high for them. They will just go swimming instead.

No real plans for the day. I will wait on Margie before starting to watch the NASCAR race. I should cut grass, but I doubt I will. I do want to plant some food plots for the deer, so I may do that.

After the huge supper of southern fried food last night, I was going to do a low calorie day today. I got through breakfast with 502 calories, about a 100 less than usual. I hope I do better with lunch. I see stir-fry and green beans in my future.

JFM, that was a funny story. I'm glad you told us up front you were alright, or I would have felt bad about laughing so hard. I need a hair cut too, but I think I will go about it differently.

Welcome to the new folks.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Larro
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Long drive home. The end.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids...hope all of you are well.

The last few days I have been fighting with myself. I was up all night because I knew that after midnight I would turn 43. I remember rushing to turn 21 just so I could drink. After that I no longer acknowledged it. Time is flying as I am double that plus 1. Then to make it worse, TOM decides to visit. Curse you evil hormones. Ok that rant is over...

On Friday night I experienced my first vegan pizza. It had vegan cheese, faux sausage aka seitan and fresh basil. I do not remember tasting but inhaling is probably appropriate...lol...Then they had the nerve to have vegan cinnamon doughnut twists.

Larro...I read your reply where you thought I wrote chocolate chip cookies, whipped cream and pepper. That sounds like a pregnancy craving. What will you do with all that alone time?

JFM..I am glad you can laugh at yourself and not take it too seriously. Plus I am glad you are okay.

Kj..consistency accompanied by baby steps will reward you.

Beeps...I hope you had a blast. Can't wait to hear what you have been up to.

Welcome newbies.

If I forgot you, forgive me. I am fighting through it today.
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARAMEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Caramel, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: 43? You are a spring chicken!!! :flowerforyou:

I went grocery shopping for part of the week. Clean eating is going really well. I didnt plan very well today and when my daugher came over with BF and granddaughter they sat down to eat my husband's famous lasagna and I just had to have a small piece but with lots of veggies. That was my only cheat today and so far since last Monday. Oh, and my daughter and I were challenged by my sister to do the ice bucket challenge so we did it together. It was fun! LOL :noway: :laugh: Anyone here takes glucosamine. Any suggestions on what is the best brand? Pain? still there but I am managing it. :flowerforyou:
  • 808Kine
    808Kine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Caramel!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Happy birthday Caramel. You know what I call a 43 year old like yourself? A hot young mamma.