30 Day Shred: April

Options

Replies

• hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    L2D5 done; halfway through L2! Halfway through the workout yesterday I had a hair malfunction and had to stop for a minute or so to deal with it. I have to say, that rest felt awesome :) Just out of curiosity, how do you long-haired ladies keep your hair up? I have waist-length hair and have to resort to a bun secured with various ponytail elastics and claw-type clips to keep it all up and stable. A ponytail would be easier but it just ends up whipping me in the face or getting stuck to the sweat on my neck and shoulders. Any hair gadgets to recommend?

• MimGSR
    MimGSR Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    L1D10 done today. A bit scared for tomorrow!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    L2D2 done. Had to take a phone call in the middle of pendulum lunges. So hard to catch my breath enough to talk, I had to keep apologizing.

Also went to the doctor this morning for a physical and had blood drawn ( have to fast tomorrow morning so I can get the last bit done though). And I'm proud that I still managed to get my workout done, normally I would blow it off for the day if I don't get it done in the morning.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I hope everyone isn't doing the 30 day shred without breaks! BEcause if you do you will hurt yourself!

I'm still walking around, I may have even ran chasing my dog a few times and I've done 43 days straight today, the first 30 done as they should be and the last 13 on a rotation 1,2,3 rpt.
    hcdo wrote: »
    L2D5 done; halfway through L2! Halfway through the workout yesterday I had a hair malfunction and had to stop for a minute or so to deal with it. I have to say, that rest felt awesome :) Just out of curiosity, how do you long-haired ladies keep your hair up? I have waist-length hair and have to resort to a bun secured with various ponytail elastics and claw-type clips to keep it all up and stable. A ponytail would be easier but it just ends up whipping me in the face or getting stuck to the sweat on my neck and shoulders. Any hair gadgets to recommend?

I use some hair ties from Sweaty Betty to tie my hair in the nape of my neck, I'm afraid I can help with the sweating my head always ends up sweaty.

• Linnea1972
    Linnea1972 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Im on D4L1 with her 30 day beginner shred.. so far so good.
  • KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    L3D2 complete! Had to take the day off yesterday as I was sick. Feeling good :).
  • livinmydreamsthruJesus
    Options
    L1D8 done, along with some cardio exercise from fitness blender. I'm so excited for level 2!
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    L02D09 done!
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    wow- how did i not see this posting group! I really like doing JM. Started on April 1. Today did L3D1 today. Its all waaay easier for me than L1D1- so much so that I added in 10 minutes of L1 as well. Gonna swap between L1 and L2 each day as an add on and go as long as I can.
  • merrileebouchard
    merrileebouchard Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    L2 Day 5 today, also did a Zumba class, so got lots of exercise! I felt really tired today, and wasn't very into either one, felt great after I did the Shred, but the weather changed here again (grey and rainy after a beautiful weekend) and did something to my mood! Half way through the Shred!!
  • T_Ciku
    T_Ciku Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Day 1 L2 today! So happy I made it to level 2!! But oh my gosh. She just ramps up the intensity. Those walking pushups right at the beginning? I died. I just planked with Anita the whole time. And even that was exhausting. And those plank hop/jump things. Don't even get me started. For the first time ever I paused in the middle of 30DS! I so so so wanted to just stop but it's only 9 times left. I don't want to waste even one of those.

I was so exhausted by the end that I chose to roll around in my own sweat for a while than stand for 20 minutes under the shower. You know you're tired when taking a shower seems like a physically daunting task.
  • Trina643
    Trina643 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me to all! I am going to start tomorrow
  • MimGSR
    MimGSR Posts: 61 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    L2D1 done! Ouch! I paused it just before the cool down and did 10 reps of all the strength exercises from L1, then 20 of all the ab exercises. My 15 month old daughter stood in front of me and did about 10 perfect squats halfway through! Very cute.

Grabbing a shower before walking 5 miles for an appointment, our car being in the garage is forcing me to be fitter!

Edited as said daughter threw herself across my lap and made me post too early!
  • T_Ciku
    T_Ciku Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @MimGSR how in the world did you add more exercises at the end? Do you just happen to like torture? Respect!
  • KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    L3D3 done!!
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    T_Ciku wrote: »
    Day 1 L2 today! So happy I made it to level 2!! But oh my gosh. She just ramps up the intensity. Those walking pushups right at the beginning? I died. I just planked with Anita the whole time. And even that was exhausting. And those plank hop/jump things. Don't even get me started. For the first time ever I paused in the middle of 30DS! I so so so wanted to just stop but it's only 9 times left. I don't want to waste even one of those.

I was so exhausted by the end that I chose to roll around in my own sweat for a while than stand for 20 minutes under the shower. You know you're tired when taking a shower seems like a physically daunting task.

Oh my god... seriously this is as worn out as I felt also!!! I got in the shower w/ my fiancé & seriously was sooo exhausted I could BARELY wash myself.

I'm so glad I'm not alone here!!!!
  • dlajambe
    dlajambe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    L2D3 done! This level 2 is a killer but I always feel better and more accomplished afterwards so I guess it's worth it
  • stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just did L2D10 and the last strength set still kills me. I'll stick with level two until I can do it without feeling half dead.
  • csantiago245
    csantiago245 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this next week, just waiting for the dvd, as well her "Killer Buns And Thighs" dvd to come in the mail! Add me :)
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    I just did L2D10 and the last strength set still kills me. I'll stick with level two until I can do it without feeling half dead.

omg YES. the last strength set is a killer!! I have to PUSH through all of those squats!!! Its hard to get through.