Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

Thinking of you. This is horrible to hear, can't imagine how you're feeling.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I'm probably dredging too far into the past here (could even be page numbers that were still double digits), but there are STILL houses in my neighbourhood with Christmas decorations out - wreaths on doors, garlands on porches not just a few lights.... god but that chocolate pouring gif is distracting...
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'm probably dredging too far into the past here (could even be page numbers that were still double digits), but there are STILL houses in my neighbourhood with Christmas decorations out - wreaths on doors, garlands on porches not just a few lights.... god but that chocolate pouring gif is distracting...

I can solve the chocolate distraction

tumblr_mvb4diA8ul1shbg4mo1_500.gif

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Mmm cookies straight from the oven....you are evil!!!
  • ipastorsally
    ipastorsally Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I occasionally pick up a bag of honey bbq fritos. I'm really good at counting out 23, on serving. Then the bag looks half empty. I tell myself "There's not much left!" And I eat the remaining bag in one sitting. That is about 2 days of calories all at once. It's sad!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

Praying.
  • ipastorsally
    ipastorsally Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm at my old plateau. I can't seem to get under 202. Today I was visiting an elderly parishioner at a nursing home and asked if I could use the scale. A half dozen nurses encouraged me, waiting to celebrate that I finally was under 200. The scale said 203. I never heard so many suggestions for weight loss... "subtract 5 for clothes"... "strip and try again" from an elderly man watching us... "trust our calibration is always off, you made it"... "Let's try the scale in the other nurses' station"...

What a bummer!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

That's hypnotic.

I confess that all the 'I need to lose Xlbs by X date' posts are really starting to grate.
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way, really hope you get your miracle!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I occasionally pick up a bag of honey bbq fritos. I'm really good at counting out 23, on serving. Then the bag looks half empty. I tell myself "There's not much left!" And I eat the remaining bag in one sitting. That is about 2 days of calories all at once. It's sad!

I, too am powerless against Honey BBQ Fritos.
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    tumblr_mjnwriICps1r7ln6qo2_r1_250.gif

Not a big chocolate cake fan, but I really want some of this!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

That's hypnotic.

I confess that all the 'I need to lose Xlbs by X date' posts are really starting to grate.

But, I NEEEEEEED to lose 30 lbs by Memorial Day! ;)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

That's hypnotic.

I think it's more irritating when it's something they've known about for a while. I have more sympathy for just found out I have to speak at an event in 6 weeks than I do for have to get ready to look good for my wedding next month that I've known about for a year and a half. Kind of like those people who are surprised by Christmas every year, even though it hasn't moved.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

There's one on my regular lunch walk route. The first time I saw it I thought of this thread. It was tacky and waaaay overdone even at Christmas (I mean, come on, a Santa Claus flag??), it looks completely ridiculous in April.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    kayfaei wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Oh sheesh um...
    I can't eat peanut butter because I have really crappy self control;

I hid the peanut butter from my teenage daughter because she will eat half the jar in one sitting. She is slender and healthy and fine but then she rants about how mad she is at herself for eating so much... I hide it under a bag of lettuce in the veggie drawer -- she didn't look there.

:wink:
    That just made me LOL. the one place she will never look :) And I have to ask - is peanut butter wrong to eat while trying to lose weight? I'm just asking cause I've seen so many people mention it.

I am very weird.. I actually do NOT like peanut butter unless its a Reese's peanut butter cup -.- I have honestly tried crunchy, creamy peanut butter, tried it with bananas and honey,etc etc i just don't like it. However.. when I have a sweet craving I eat Two tablespoons of Reese's chocolate peanut butter spread.. The best 190 cal's ever.

But should I stay away from peanut butter?

I am way behind on this thread right now, (took 4 days off and been reading all day and still 10 pages back) but you should try Peanut Butter and Co White Chocolate Wonderful, it is fewer calories than most peanut butters and so yummy! And it is not bad to eat Peanut butter it is just that you get so little for so many calories is why people have trouble with it.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

That's hypnotic.

I think it's more irritating when it's something they've known about for a while. I have more sympathy for just found out I have to speak at an event in 6 weeks than I do for have to get ready to look good for my wedding next month that I've known about for a year and a half. Kind of like those people who are surprised by Christmas every year, even though it hasn't moved.

Oh definitely. And, honestly, one of my friends is getting married on Memorial Day. I've known about it since December. I've lost 20 lbs since then, but 30 was a big goal to lose in that amount of time. I'll be happy just to be there to celebrate the moment.

I can remember being so obsessed by the number when I was younger, but it's so unnecessary. I don't notice how much my friends weigh, I'm just honestly happy to see them no matter what.

I "need" to lose XX pounds by YY date is a recipe for failure.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Had my interview this morning, went well, asked when they were looking to hire, they said they had an internal candidate that was on vacation that they needed to see, so I won't find out until next week.

Talent acquisition double booked the interview slot so I was in the waiting room with a competitor, he was wearing jeans and a puffy jacket. . . . .jeans and a puffy jacket.

There's a real professional right there...

I LOVE watching people coming in to interview at the agency! It's always mind blowing how many people do not know the proper attire to wear for an interview!

That reminds me of when I got married at the courthouse. The judge said that people come in there in cutoff shorts, tank tops and flip flops, sometimes even bikini tops with no shirt. I live in a state with a 3 day waiting period, so it's not like they just decided that minute to go get married. Cracked me up.

That's not surprising! I worked over at our court house for awhile and I couldn't believe what people showed up in to go in front of a judge..seriously, ripped jeans, pajama bottoms, flip flops. I'd send you to jail for showing up in my court room looking like that forget the charge of speeding or driving drunk!

Yeah, really. The one time I got a speeding ticket and had to go before a judge I was so terrified ( I was maybe 19), and I wore the nicest clothes I had. You could tell who was scared crapless like me, and who was just having another Wednesday for sure.

I visit our Courthouse regularly for work. Just today, the CO's (correctional officers) who sit out front wouldn't let a girl go see the judget because she was wearing flip flops and PJ pants. They told her it was inappropriate attire to see the judge in. These people live in a different reality from the rest of us.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I wasn't very hungry today so decided to skip the burger I had planned and just had a pork chop and veggies... Had 250 calories left after that, figured I'd just leave them to make up for being 800 over yesterday... then I remembered the cookies. Whatever, I'll make up for yesterday tomorrow...
  • LeeAnn254
    LeeAnn254 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.
    Can I get you to come over to my house and do that for me? You sound like my kinda girl. I just bought a food scale today. Let the games begin. Is it weird I can't wait to use it?
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of crazy about trying to keep my "googleable" internet presence at a minimum. I have an uncommon first time and my married name literally only exists amongst my husband's family (it was bastardized when they immigrated)... So there is no anonymity at all. I have my social media privacy settings all cranked up, and I don't use my last name on Facebook.

I use my dog as my avatar because I got a few creeper requests from guys who have like, 500 female friends and their every status was like "where my boos at". It just seemed easier to change my picture. Surprisingly, no creeper requests anymore ;)

I'm afraid to confess anything too earth shattering, just in case someone I know irl wanders in here and recognizes me :neutral: [/quote]

I think we might be related. If I google my last name, every single person that comes up is related to my husband. And the name was bastardized when they immigrated (or so I've been told). Now I want to know who you are :smile: