Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Has anyone else bothered to venture over to that "Ketogenic 1 month progress" or whatever it's called thread yet? Dude's a walking ketoacidosis case waiting to happen!
    Just reading that made me feel sick and my heart beat faster. I've tried going low carb many times in the past and it always ends up very, very bad. I get very weak, lightheaded, and nauseous. So to me, this sounds awful! I love my carbs. Mmmm.... bread.

I try to do a lower carb diet, but I'm not even attempting keto. I've just got done studying what happens when there are too many ketone bodies built up in the blood....yeah, no thanks. lol

That isn't really how it works. It's an issue for T1 diabetics, but that has nothing to do with keto.
    Oh, ok. Got a bit confused there, apologies.
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Has anyone else bothered to venture over to that "Ketogenic 1 month progress" or whatever it's called thread yet? Dude's a walking ketoacidosis case waiting to happen!
    What did he mean by 'pissing glitter'? Sounded like he meant it literally, not in a 'farting rainbows and unicorns' sort of way. Is this a side-effect of super low-carb? Yes, I know it's no actual glitter, so what is it?

I'm not exactly sure what he meant by "pissing glitter", and he never clarified.... I couldn't make sense of half of what he was saying. I did get he was having heart palpitations, but that's about it. I do know that if my piss was "glittering" I'd be hightailing it to the doctor's office!
    Yes! I had a mental image of a urine sample like a snow globe.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I do this. The only person I talk to is my SO, but when he pisses me off, I have no-one else to talk to about it. No girly chats or girly evenings, but at work I pretend its all good. I make up stuff when they ask how my weekend was. Instead of saying "we did nothing but watch tv and work out" it will be "We went to the park and played ball games in the sun all afternoon and then went out for a lovely meal" something that says we did stuff, but stuff you won't remember in half an hour so I don't have to keep up the lie.

This is me too. My SO works weekends usually. My sister is busy with her own family. I have one other friend but she has so many other friends she doesn't hang out with me too much (we were neighbors as young kids but she went to private school so we had different friends as kids). I'm always embarrassed to say I did chores over the weekend every week... I hate when people ask me how my weekend was.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Just reading that made me feel sick and my heart beat faster. I've tried going low carb many times in the past and it always ends up very, very bad. I get very weak, lightheaded, and nauseous. So to me, this sounds awful! I love my carbs. Mmmm.... bread.

I try to do a lower carb diet, but I'm not even attempting keto. I've just got done studying what happens when there are too many ketone bodies built up in the blood....yeah, no thanks. lol

That isn't really how it works. It's an issue for T1 diabetics, but that has nothing to do with keto.
    What did he mean by 'pissing glitter'? Sounded like he meant it literally, not in a 'farting rainbows and unicorns' sort of way. Is this a side-effect of super low-carb? Yes, I know it's no actual glitter, so what is it?

I'm not exactly sure what he meant by "pissing glitter", and he never clarified.... I couldn't make sense of half of what he was saying. I did get he was having heart palpitations, but that's about it. I do know that if my piss was "glittering" I'd be hightailing it to the doctor's office!

Don't worry about it - there are still doctors out there who get confused by it. So many horror stories on reddit. I've been lucky to have found older doctors who get it most of my life.

We were discussing diets like atkins and my professor mentioned the ketosis part of it, and then we started discussing ketoacidosis. I must have gotten them switched around lol. Either way, not exactly a jar I'm willing to put my marbles in, kwim?
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Heh, I usually end up taking a dump an hour or two after weighing myself in the morning.

I was so relieved to go to the bathroom on Monday since I was constipated for almost a week. I weighed myself in the morning & weighed 153 & lost a pound after finally pooping.

THANK GOD for prunes & a ton of water.

I confess that that once while shopping with my mom I farted in a thrift store & my mom thought it was a little old lady who stunk up the store.

This made me laugh. :)

Ugh, I totally understand being constipated. I've tried so many things to fix it. I've even complained to my doctor but she didn't seem to care. I'm getting a new doctor...

I've tried: coconut oil, magnesium (the drink and pills), olive oil, Epson salt drink, prunes, culturelle, fiber, etc etc. I'm not sure what else to try.

I take a stool softener with a stimulant laxative EVERY day. Nothing else works for me. I take two of the generic tablets and the stimulant isn't enough make me feel crampy, but it is enough to get the job done.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I do this. The only person I talk to is my SO, but when he pisses me off, I have no-one else to talk to about it. No girly chats or girly evenings, but at work I pretend its all good. I make up stuff when they ask how my weekend was. Instead of saying "we did nothing but watch tv and work out" it will be "We went to the park and played ball games in the sun all afternoon and then went out for a lovely meal" something that says we did stuff, but stuff you won't remember in half an hour so I don't have to keep up the lie.

This is me too. My SO works weekends usually. My sister is busy with her own family. I have one other friend but she has so many other friends she doesn't hang out with me too much (we were neighbors as young kids but she went to private school so we had different friends as kids). I'm always embarrassed to say I did chores over the weekend every week... I hate when people ask me how my weekend was.

I hate that too. I am a 44 year old single mom of a 4 year old. I also work full time 40-50 hours a week . Please don't ask me about my weekend unless you want to hear about laundry, vacuuming and a variety of other household chores and my big outing of a trip to the grocery store :smiley:
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Heh, I usually end up taking a dump an hour or two after weighing myself in the morning.

I was so relieved to go to the bathroom on Monday since I was constipated for almost a week. I weighed myself in the morning & weighed 153 & lost a pound after finally pooping.

I confess that that once while shopping with my mom I farted in a thrift store & my mom thought it was a little old lady who stunk up the store.

Ugh, I totally understand being constipated. I've tried so many things to fix it. I've even complained to my doctor but she didn't seem to care. I'm getting a new doctor...

I've tried: coconut oil, magnesium (the drink and pills), olive oil, Epson salt drink, prunes, culturelle, fiber, etc etc. I'm not sure what else to try.

Only half serious suggestion: sugar free gummy bears

Slightly more serious - get a bag of sugar free Russell Stover's anything. Just not on a weekend you need to do anything important, like, leave the house.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

Yes! I had a mental image of a urine sample like a snow globe.
    Could you imagine the conversation?
    "Uh, yeah, Doc, my piss glitters"
    "Excuse me?"
    "I'm pissing glitter!"
    "Let's take a sample. Hmm, yup, looks like Elsa's created winter in your bladder I'm afraid!"
    *Yes, I know, I'm a total dork.*
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Slightly more serious - get a bag of sugar free Russell Stover's anything. Just not on a weekend you need to do anything important, like, leave the house.

I used to keep sugar free mints/candy in my office. Anything that wasn't sugar free (even mints), I would eat them all in short order. Sugar free anything, I can only eat 2 mints per day or I'll be strapped to the crapper.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    HA!

I think you guys would get a kick out of this, if you haven't seen it already: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3FTHSH0UNRHOH/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B008JELLCA&nodeID=16310101&store=grocery

I can never make it through without laughing.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Restoralax
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Try a Pure Protein chocolate deluxe bar. There is actually a warning on bar about it having a "laxative" effect if it's over consumed. Let's just say, I've only had 1 bar and will NOT be eating any more of them. I was in the bathroom for over 20 minutes. :#

• stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I bought a food scale today so that I can weight things out for a while and get my portion sizes right and then I am going to return it because I am low on funds. I also tried out a body scale at the same store just to weigh in because I don't have one at home, nor do I go to a gym!

All these confessions about pizza are making me want pizza.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    Oh. My. God. Go check out the Dr. Poon thread if you haven't already. I'm dying over here! :lol:
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    We are taking our Administrative Assistant out for lunch as it is Administrative Professional's Day, and this is what she chose. Everything looks delicious and I'm not sure I'll make the healthiest choice.

http://www.10barrel.com/uploads/boise-pub/PDF/2.14.15.pdf

WHAT! WELL NO-ONE TOLD ME! Dammit. I'm noting that on the calender for next year!

I never remember it is admin professional's day but my company is so nice. They sent us all huge gift baskets full of candy, cookies, crackers, cheese etc from wine country gifts. I looked up the basket we got on the wine country site and they are $75 each. Omg... This is the third year I've gotten one. I feel kinda bad they give us so much.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    For those that are following and care :wink: - the people accepted the second offer on the house! As long as all the mortgage/inspection/misc. stuff works out I will have possession in a couple months. I'm really excited about it :smiley:

YAY! I'm so happy for you. Hope everything works out. I'm super jealous. :)
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm listening to Jay Z, the uncensored stuff, loudly at my desk. lots of swear words. It's making me more productive. BIG PIMPIN
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    mhecht32 wrote: »
    I confess that at some point, in the last 7 days, I ate three Twinkies. I honestly don't remember what day I did this, but the wrappers are in my cupboard as proof ( my son's disappointment that his Twinkies are gone is palatable), and since I can't remember the day, I haven't logged them. Since they are made of foam, they can't REALLY count, can they?

I find it awesome that your son's disappointment tastes good to you!!! ;)

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. God. Go check out the Dr. Poon thread if you haven't already. I'm dying over here! :lol:

Had to go check it out. It is pretty funny! :smiley:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Had to go check it out. It is pretty funny! :smiley:

I was rolling and co-workers were definitely looking at me funny!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm listening to Jay Z, the uncensored stuff, loudly at my desk. lots of swear words. It's making me more productive. BIG PIMPIN

When I was like 13-14 I had gotten super sick around Christmas time. My whole family was downstairs enjoying dinner and I was up in my room trying to sleep with probably a 103 degF fever. I couldn't sleep but was having a lucid dream/hallucination that I was on the boat from the Big Pimpin video and didn't understand why everyone was partying when I didn't feel well. That's all I think of when I hear that song.

Confession: I know I'm PMSing but my boss is a dude and he's PMSing MORE...all I've gotten is attitude from him since Monday. This is one of the least productive but busiest weeks ever because we're both avoiding each other like the plague. It's making me want to go home and just sleep.