Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Oh. My. God. Go check out the Dr. Poon thread if you haven't already. I'm dying over here! :lol:

Had to go check it out. It is pretty funny! :smiley:

I was rolling and co-workers were definitely looking at me funny!

I guess it wasn't as funny to me since my gastroenterologist is Dr. Poonputt Chotiprasidhi. I call him Eddy.

edit. I made all the Poonputt jokes already.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. God. Go check out the Dr. Poon thread if you haven't already. I'm dying over here! :lol:

I had to stop and catch my breath! :smiley:
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Only half serious suggestion: sugar free gummy bears

Slightly more serious - get a bag of sugar free Russell Stover's anything. Just not on a weekend you need to do anything important, like, leave the house.

Haha. :) I've actually thought about the gummy bears. I've read the reviews. It would be funny to try them and report back to you guys.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Try a Pure Protein chocolate deluxe bar. There is actually a warning on bar about it having a "laxative" effect if it's over consumed. Let's just say, I've only had 1 bar and will NOT be eating any more of them. I was in the bathroom for over 20 minutes. :#

This will sound bad but I wish that was the case for me. I actually eat those every morning (good protein with low calories for a bar). I never even noticed that warning. I'm gonna look now. Haha

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll try some of these. I don't have a gallbladder and I always wonder if that is the reason. I couldn't stay out of the bathroom when I first got out out.now it's the opposite.

Sorry for responding so much. I called out from work since my knee is sore and I'm sore from the crutches so I'm catching up on this thread.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

I guess it wasn't as funny to me since my gastroenterologist is Dr. Poonputt Chotiprasidhi. I call him Eddy.

No. Seriously? Dare I ask what nationality he is? I'm sure he appreciates you calling him Eddy.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

No. Seriously? Dare I ask what nationality he is? I'm sure he appreciates you calling him Eddy.

he's actually Southern Chinese. he's 46, but looks like he's 12-13. I thought he was the asian version of Doogie Howswer when I met him.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

he's actually Southern Chinese. he's 46, but looks like he's 12-13. I thought he was the asian version of Doogie Howswer when I met him.

Too funny! Okay, I admit I snooped and Googled his name. Never would have guessed 46! He has to be lying. Yes, 12 or 13 is much more believable.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    For those that are following and care :wink: - the people accepted the second offer on the house! As long as all the mortgage/inspection/misc. stuff works out I will have possession in a couple months. I'm really excited about it :smiley:

Congrats!!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Mo brought up her step-daughter's miscarriage and that set me thinking.

When I was trying to get pregnant, I had a early miscarriage (12 weeks in, but doctor thought baby stopped developing at 6 weeks). I had no idea how many women actually experienced miscarriages until I had one. Then everyone told me about theirs. I was shocked. It is much more common than I had thought.

My confession: I wasn't that upset about the miscarriage even though we had been trying to get pregnant. I figured the baby was not right somehow, and I had dodged a bullet of a handicapped child. NO JUDGMENT!

No judgement whatsoever, so long as you don't just me either. I think a miscarriage is mother nature's way of correcting a typo. There was obviously something wrong with the embryo inside me. Mother nature went "oops scratch that. We'll try again next time "
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I weighed my pear on the postage scale at work (didn't do it before hand at home). A co-worker saw me, so I had to explain I weigh my food so I can figure out how many calories are in it. This concept totally confussed her. I didn't even bother to explain.
  • sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    sst036 wrote: »
    I want to start a thread to see if anyone noticed an improvement in weight loss following an iron infusion but after the Cheerios thread....I'm afraid. I'm also afraid that people will tell me my forever-plateau is because my diary is closed/I'm not weighing everything/im over estimating my burn calories, when in reality, I weigh everything that isn't a single serve packet (down to the last gram), I eat based on TDEE and just let the exercise calories tally up because it makes me feel all powerful to know I have 500-600 calories before I go into the red.

Instead I'm going to eat my two squares (18g) of Whittakers Ghana Peppermint chocolate. Dairy free deliciousness ftw!

Just so you know, everyone went off on that poster because she's posted at least five or six times with the same subject and asking about different foods. One of the ones before the Cheerios read something like... "Will my iron level improve if I eat three ounces of turkey meatballs a day?". She then shot down everyone who dared to suggest that it WOULDN'T significantly improve, and also yelled at posters that suggested having meat instead (due to its having much more iron), and also yelled some more at the posters that told her that she was getting the nutrition info wrong because turkey only has X amount of protein in Y amount... You get the idea. :)
    Thanks! I stalked some of her threads and just noted that people were pretty helpful in the beginning so got some balls and made a thread that I think is pretty clear I'm not quite that crazy.

• eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    lalabrucey wrote: »
    Last night at the gym, I put on 'Eye of the tiger' and pretended I was Rocky working out for a big tournament

I do this too!

Whenever I hear 'Eye of the tiger' it reminds me of this: https://youtu.be/x1yWsj9rNwQ
    Big fan of Supernatural!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »
    Last night at the gym, I put on 'Eye of the tiger' and pretended I was Rocky working out for a big tournament

I do this too!

Whenever I hear 'Eye of the tiger' it reminds me of this: https://youtu.be/x1yWsj9rNwQ
    Big fan of Supernatural!

Me too. I ordered their T-shirt, lol.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Only half serious suggestion: sugar free gummy bears
    HA!

I think you guys would get a kick out of this, if you haven't seen it already: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3FTHSH0UNRHOH/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B008JELLCA&nodeID=16310101&store=grocery

I can never make it through without laughing.

I just totally embarrassed myself laughingly hysterically. I have to admit I am going to order these for when I have eaten too much. Benefiber cannot compare.
  • Oberon21
    Options

FroggyBug wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tonight I learned that I probably have to put my gelding down soon. Really soon. I am sorry but this is the saddest news of my life. I love that horse body and soul. I may go awol.

No! That is so sad! :( I'm so sorry. It made me teary...

Thank you. Me too. I can't stop crying.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Earlier I was looking up recipes containing eggs and I came across this advice, "Baked eggs (350 °F (177 °C) for 1/2 hour in a muffin tin, cool in ice water) are identical to boiled eggs but the shells peel easier." I don't know if it works or not, but I remember a couple of people throwing eggs away because they wouldn't peel. Maybe this is worth a try?

That seems like a long time at too high of heat to me - anyone else? Interesting, though.

I confess it might be and I'd have no idea. I hate hard boiled eggs. I don't even know what they taste like because the smell has put me off ever trying them.
    There was a poptart thread I saw on here a while back, and ever since then I have been wanting a poptart. The weird thing is I DON'T EVEN LIKE POPTARTS! I've always found them rather cardboard-y. Why do I want one?

I started that.

I love pop tarts. Haven't had them in years. Am thinking pop tarts twinkles and red velvet cupcakes tonight. wth
  • Oberon21
    Options

Confession: Despite living in the suburbs of Philadelphia for more than seven years (and visiting countless times before since I grew up in NJ/PA)...I have never run up the steps of the Art Museum.

I confess I have done the Philadelphia Marathon four times and never run up those steps. Maybe I will this year.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    For those that are following and care :wink: - the people accepted the second offer on the house! As long as all the mortgage/inspection/misc. stuff works out I will have possession in a couple months. I'm really excited about it :smiley:

Congratulations!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I just got back from grocery shopping, and I did indeed get some poptarts! The cinnamon ones... I opened the pack and ate one of them raw. It was better than I remembered poptarts to be... but I was still not impressed. Then I remembered: TOAST IT. I toasted the second one and it was a VAST IMPROVEMENT. That was actually pretty good! Not to mention it made my kitchen smell pretty good. Only trouble is that was 420 calories for what is essentially cookies. Glad I didn't eat much today.