What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Woke up at 6am and went to a morning Body Pump class without even thinking about it, or missing my bed - but enjoying it and feeling stronger.

NSV - looking forward to exercise, not dreading it.
  • JennyC123
    JennyC123 Posts: 20 Member
    I caught a glimpse of my profile in a mirrored glass door at work and saw my, very thin, sister's bone structure. My efforts must be working. I've still got a ways to go but it made me happy to see the family resemblance coming out.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    I've 2 today.
    Last night we lost our son's favorite toy (it was at school). Husband searched the house and I figured I'd go for a quick walk to see if he chucked it out the car window. Within a few seconds I was full on running. I ran for half a mile, barely feeling it till I turned back home!

Second, I FINALLY see the weight loss in me! Took long enough!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    I needed to go out for a run last night, but it was cold. So I dug out some old winter running tights that were too small when I bought them a year or two ago, and have never been worn. I tried them on and they fit ok, or so I thought, if a little loose around the waistband. But I just about lost my them on my first sprint! Spent the next hour yanking them up as I ran.

So that's another thing to add to my shopping list!
  • zena_marie
    zena_marie Posts: 15 Member
    My other half noticed on Saturday that myknees no longer touch against the glove box when I'm sat in the car, there is at least 2 inches space now meaning that my fat *kitten* is getting smaller!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    SMoorcroft wrote: »
    Completed today's Speed Pacer runner and had covered 4.5km so decided to carry on to the max I've ever run 5km ...... Then when I reached 5km, I think Forrest Gump can explain better than me:

'I just kept on running'

7.5 beautiful Km's (4.6miles) later and THAT is now my furthest ever run *happy dance!*

Next stop ..... 10km!! B)

That's fantastic!!!! I finished my c25k yesterday and start my 5k210k tomorrow
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    I had to go to the bathroom kind of urgently today (been doing better drinking all my water, don't you know).

When I was finished, I realized that I hadn't taken the time to unbutton or unzip my pants, just unhook my belt and slide my pants down.

Thankful for good belts.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Realized the other day that the belt i bought near my heaviest, which barely fit then, i now have to buckle on the last hole.

Guess it's about time for a new belt :D
  • jennfeustel123
    jennfeustel123 Posts: 29 Member
    I knew I had to get on here and post this! I'm not tracking my progress with a scale, I don't even own one right now (had a glass one that broke when I dropped it once) so after I lost 3" off my hips I decided to look through my "too small" clothes to see what I had in there. I found this skirt I remember getting a long time ago! I tried it on and it's snug but it's wearable!:) FINALLY.
  • sheknocksonwood
    sheknocksonwood Posts: 11 Member
    I live in a really isolated place during the school year, and as such my clothes have not really kept up with my weight loss. Last weekend I ordered two new blouses and a bikini from H&M online. After some hesitation I ended up buying everything size 38 (US size 8). The parcel arrived today, and I was nervous to try it on, but found that the blouses both fit - over the arms and chest too! - and the bikini top also looked very nice on.

Another NSV was the fact that although the bikini pants didn't fit, it didn't make me feel bad, and I walked out of the bathroom smiling.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    I went to get sized for bras today, and learned that I'm down from a 42 band to a 34! :) Turns out the cup size is weirdly still the same, though..... :|
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    I went to get sized for bras today, and learned that I'm down from a 42 band to a 34! :) Turns out the cup size is weirdly still the same, though..... :|

That's because the cup size on a bra is determined by the bust measurement - the underbust measurement. The cup itself is actually smaller, but the difference between your two measurements is the same.

My NSV today is knowing that my feet have shrunk nearly 1.5 sizes. I might be able to actually by a pair of womens runners instead of mens ones soon!
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited April 2015
    Finding a box in the garage and inside a pair of jeans I have not worn for about 8 years. I can wear them now. I am wearing them today!
    70044776.png
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    All of my tights are loose and baggy. I have recycled an entire bag full of old clothes that haven't fit me since I was 19!!! They all fit!!!!
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    I bought clothes at a "regular people" store. For someone who's spent my whole life shopping at Lane Bryant, this is a big deal! Last night I got into a size 12 bermuda shorts at Aeropostale!

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I have thigh gap. B)
  • Nicolette04
    Nicolette04 Posts: 82 Member
    I jogged 8.85 on Sunday with an average pace of 10.12 mph. Coming from someone whobcouldnt walk a mile 2 years ago, huge nsv for me :)
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Dropped a huge box of too big for me clothes at the donation center. Had a lot of "what if" moments. But decided nope- no way- not going back!
  • ravenwcatz
    ravenwcatz Posts: 105 Member
    Put on my winter coat yesterday (boo, freezing Chicago spring), and found it was much less tight in certain places than it was in January.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    My fasting sugar this morning was 67. That's the lowest it has been in years! As a type two diabetic I love that losing weight and exercising is lowering my fasting sugar,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!