What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• sheknocksonwood
    sheknocksonwood Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2015
    I suspect that I've finally breached that plateau I was stuck on for the past two months. Why? I've started to feel my bones, and not always in a good way either. Sitting is more uncomfortable, but so is resting my wrists against my computer when writing, or leaning over my desk while studying. As someone who was restless before the weight loss, this doesn't exactly help me during exam times where I, like it or not, have to spend a lot of time in front of my books.

And I've started appreciating how nice backs, shoulders and arms look, and that those are areas of myself that I am very pleased with. I had no idea that lifting, even when aiming towards improving my legs (that I've never been happy with) would lead to other areas looking much nicer. Very welcome change!
  • kelroberts21
    kelroberts21 Posts: 18 Member
    How has it affected your relationships in a negative way? :( For me, the change has had mostly a positive effect. I don't have as much in common with a few of my old friends anymore, but I was never really THAT close to those specific people anyway. My relationships with my closest and dearest friends have only grown stronger with my new confidence and self-esteem.

Primarily with my SO. It's changed our relationship with me having so much more confidence. We are working on finding a new equilibrium, which is tough. Primarily my other ones are ok, besides a few who got jealous, but like you said, I wasn't that close to them anyway.
  • karensuegill
    karensuegill Posts: 67 Member
    Once you reach your goal weight, it isn't over. You still have to watch what you eat and workout 5-6 days a week. That too much sodium causes your body to hold onto water and sabotages your weight loss.
    Shopping is so much fun!! Especially when you pick out the new smaller size and find it's too big!!
    It's not just about the scale, it's about getting healthy and feeling so much lighter!
    Too much eating out can impede your weight loss even if you choose healthy low calorie menu items because of the high sodium content.
    That the social aspect of weight loss is very energizing and very encouraging. I am talking about connecting with others who have the same health and fitness goals for their life as you do.
  • JimiStar2
    JimiStar2 Posts: 4 Member
    I had to buy a new belt. Not just because my other one was too big but because it looked terrible. Before I wouldn't notice how terrible I looked because my gut was hanging over it anyway
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    JenD1066 wrote: »
    That the day will come when you realize you have to go swimsuit shopping, and you're (almost) looking forward to it.

I still can't imagine that happening. LOL

• rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    I love this thread! Just started my journey, but I can't wait to have NSV's like these!
  • I lived for years listening to those same voices and withdrawing from everyone and everything. Shut those voices down and keep working hard towards your goal. You will get there and you'll slowly but surely come out of your shell. And when you finally do, you'll feel so liberated! All of the sacrifices will be worth it in the end! Don't give up! You can do this! *hugs* :)

:heart: I hope so
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    amy_j28 wrote: »
    My belly used to rise up out of the bath water even when the bath was filled to the top, that does not happen anymore!

This is one of my major goals as I loooove to take baths.

I took a bath last Sunday night and it was kind of uncomfortable. I do only have a combination shower/bathtub instead of a dedicated tub, so that might be an issue. All I know is that I could feel how bony my butt has become :#
  • kisses71213
    kisses71213 Posts: 97 Member
    that... i can't wait til the weight comes off so i can go and eat it all back again ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!