Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously considering skipping my public speaking class and going to the gym instead. In my defense, it's day 3 of speeches and I've already delivered mine (albeit I cried throughout the whole thing ) lol!
  • Merci4u
    Merci4u Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My confession is I waste so much food. I make guilty purchases, take a couple of bites and then in a fit chuck it in the bin (and it has to be an outside bin). I cannot just have a couple of bites and save it for later.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Try a Pure Protein chocolate deluxe bar. There is actually a warning on bar about it having a "laxative" effect if it's over consumed. Let's just say, I've only had 1 bar and will NOT be eating any more of them. I was in the bathroom for over 20 minutes. :#

This will sound bad but I wish that was the case for me. I actually eat those every morning (good protein with low calories for a bar). I never even noticed that warning. I'm gonna look now. Haha

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll try some of these. I don't have a gallbladder and I always wonder if that is the reason. I couldn't stay out of the bathroom when I first got out out.now it's the opposite.

Sorry for responding so much. I called out from work since my knee is sore and I'm sore from the crutches so I'm catching up on this thread.

No gallbladder here either, and I know exactly what you're talking about! Starting taking the stool softener with stimulant after my son was born. Had to take something else when I was pregnant with my daughter, but then right back to it after she was born. I tried a bunch of the stuff you mentioned, but it just didn't work.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    There was a poptart thread I saw on here a while back, and ever since then I have been wanting a poptart. The weird thing is I DON'T EVEN LIKE POPTARTS! I've always found them rather cardboard-y. Why do I want one?

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon or Frosted Strawberry. You'll thank me later haha :wink:

My favorites so far are Wild Cherry, Gingerbread, & Peanut Butter. The Cookie Dough & Confetti Cupcake are also good.

I had a Wild Cherry Poptart pack tonight with Ben & Jerry's Garcia ice cream in the middle.

So jealous. I've never even HEARD of these flavors. The ones we can buy here in Saudi Arabia are: Unfrosted Strawberry, Unfrosted Blueberry, The End. :'(

That's so sad! The frosting is the best part.
  • Cache1965
    Cache1965 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So I'm trying like hell to lose this fat, and as my hubby is so loving and will I do anything to make me happy,it would make me more happier if he would just stay by my side. when we have dinner I try to make sure that he knows that I'm trying to lose this weight ,and make the right choices, and I need to eat healthy. a lot of stuff that we do eat I try to implement a lot of fresh vegetables, I eat fish, he doesn't and then when it comes down to desert, I say I can have that but only one scoop. I'll sit in my recliner and he'll bring me a bowl and the bowl is just overloaded with ice cream!, I tell him "thats not one scoop"! ,get mad at him and then continue to eat ice cream. I know!,, I know! I need to have more willpower than that! so I need somebody to give me some type of feedback,I know that I shouldn't of eating the ice cream & just put some of the back, but when it comes down to my husband and he does wants to help me,, but he's not helping me,, what should I do?.
  • Nuodinga
    Nuodinga Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nuodinga wrote: »
    I can write quite a few. Since I have quite rare allergies (vitamin C, eggs and a few more), I can only eat quite unhealthy food. In the shops I can rarely find something I can eat, but I manage to eat 1200 kcal a day. If anyone asks if I am losing weight, I never say how I eat to avoid lectures of how I am not eating vegetables.
    in 2010 I started losing weight and slowly I went from 64 to 49 kg (I am 1,64m), but then at the end of 2013 I gained it all back by not watching what I eat :( I had a baby and now I am losing it again. Even though I started in January with 74 kg and now I am almost 60 kg, I feel this desperate wish to be 49-50kg again and it is bothering me so much.
    I confess of my obsession. I weight myself every day and I like to eat very light in weight dinner to make sure I see weight loss in the morning. I usually lose 100 g a day and I enjoy seeing it on the scale. But when I see bigger picture of how much weight I still need to lose, I get frustrated.

I'm sorry you're going through that! But out of curiosity, how do you not get scurvy (vitamin C deficiency, can lead to death) if you're allergic to vitamin C?

I can have small amounts with good antihistamines, and when I was pregnant my blood tests were fine, even though my diet is usually quite crap. I am a living proof of eating random food with calorie restriction can lead to weight loss. But I do feel *kitten* I can't eat some fruit and vegetables I like.
  • Talkradio
    Options
    Cache1965 wrote: »
    So I'm trying like hell to lose this fat, and as my hubby is so loving and will I do anything to make me happy,it would make me more happier if he would just stay by my side. when we have dinner I try to make sure that he knows that I'm trying to lose this weight ,and make the right choices, and I need to eat healthy. a lot of stuff that we do eat I try to implement a lot of fresh vegetables, I eat fish, he doesn't and then when it comes down to desert, I say I can have that but only one scoop. I'll sit in my recliner and he'll bring me a bowl and the bowl is just overloaded with ice cream!, I tell him "thats not one scoop"! ,get mad at him and then continue to eat ice cream. I know!,, I know! I need to have more willpower than that! so I need somebody to give me some type of feedback,I know that I shouldn't of eating the ice cream & just put some of the back, but when it comes down to my husband and he does wants to help me,, but he's not helping me,, what should I do?.

Maybe you could try showing him what size serving of ice cream you would like? Or ask him to serve it in a particular sized dish, like a ramekin.
  • Nuodinga
    Nuodinga Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I am same with exercise. I used to exercise daily for 1,5 hours, do pilates, but then I got a busy job and stopped doing it. I had a friend who used to run with me, so it helped a lot, but after lots of what happened, I don't have anyone to exercise with me. I can easily do diet, but push myself to exercise is harder.
    What works for me with diet, is I count how many days is till my goal weight. I know for sure I lose 100 grams a day with 1200 kcal diet, and whenever day is over, I know I am one day closer. If I fail and eat too much, I lose one day and it can build up to 7-10 days in a month, meaning 1kg. It motivates me to keep myself going.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

You get up, get a food scale, get a bowl, put it on the scale, and put one serving of ice cream in the bowl, and stop finding excuses...

Sorry, I know it's a no judging thread, but it's on YOU, not your husband. I might slip up and binge occasionally, but I don't blame anyone but myself for it. Accept responsibility, it's the first step.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This morning the battery died in my food scale - I felt lost and utterly confused. I feel perplexed b/c I don't know how much my grapes weigh- I guess I will need to just guesstimate.

the anxiety I felt this morning is the same feeling I get when I forget my HR monitor when going to the gym!

**Edited for wording
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    This morning the battery died in my food scale - I felt lost and utterly confused. I feel perplexed b/c I don't know how much my grapes are - I guess I will need to just guesstimate.

the anxiety I felt this morning was the same feeling I get when I forget my HR monitor when going to the gym!

When my battery died I took my bag and went to buy a new one right away. Can't live without it...
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    There was a poptart thread I saw on here a while back, and ever since then I have been wanting a poptart. The weird thing is I DON'T EVEN LIKE POPTARTS! I've always found them rather cardboard-y. Why do I want one?

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon or Frosted Strawberry. You'll thank me later haha :wink:

My favorites so far are Wild Cherry, Gingerbread, & Peanut Butter. The Cookie Dough & Confetti Cupcake are also good.

I had a Wild Cherry Poptart pack tonight with Ben & Jerry's Garcia ice cream in the middle.

So jealous. I've never even HEARD of these flavors. The ones we can buy here in Saudi Arabia are: Unfrosted Strawberry, Unfrosted Blueberry, The End. :'(

That's so sad! The frosting is the best part.

So true! In Oman (my home country) they at least have some of the good ones, like frosted fudge and frosted cinnamon and brown sugar. *sniffle* :'(
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options

Maybe you could try showing him what size serving of ice cream you would like? Or ask him to serve it in a particular sized dish, like a ramekin.

great suggestion! I may adopt this as well..

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    This morning the battery died in my food scale - I felt lost and utterly confused. I feel perplexed b/c I don't know how much my grapes weigh- I guess I will need to just guesstimate.

the anxiety I felt this morning is the same feeling I get when I forget my HR monitor when going to the gym!

**Edited for wording

Gosh, that would be just terrible for me! Although I must admit I'd probably tell myself that no batteries in my food scale means a day that I can eat whatever I want until I've bought the new batteries... I have interesting justifications for eating too much sometimes. ;)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

great suggestion! I may adopt this as well..

I used tea cups (not tiny ones) for a while. One half cup filled them, and just looked like so much more.

I'd ask him to weigh you out a serving if he offers to get you one, or just say "oh, thanks, but you know I have to weigh everything right now--I'll join you, but let me get my own serving."
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna throw this out there - y'all can hate on me later.

Toasted buttered poptarts. Yep, butter them up like a piece of toast. I haven't had poptarts in years because I can't moderate when it comes to this.
  • Talkradio
    Options
    I fell into a Wikipedia wormhole the other day. It started from watching the new Netflix series of Daredevil. It went Kingpin>Daredevil>Rex Smith. Rex Smith played Matt Murdock in an adaption I've never seen... But he also was Frederick in the 80s adaption of Pirates of Penzance.

So now I've had several Pirates of Penzance songs stuck in my head for a few days. I'm finally listening to the 1981 Broadway cast recording. It's making for a very rousing morning.
  • ReneeSkye
    ReneeSkye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Okay... So, I want to be 100 pounds. I'm currently 176 pounds. I am honestly thinking about becoming anorexic again to gain my dream weight. I don't know what to do, because exercise isn't working for me.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    Confession: I am loosing weight to be freaking thin. I do not wish to be skinny as I look good with flesh on my body, I just want to be thin. Health aspects never even cross my mind as I have never had health issues... yet. The moment I see people speak of their diabetis or blood pressure or whatever I move past the post because it is irrelevant to me. And every time someone says that weight loss is not about how you look but how you feel I laugh. Yeah right. This is America it is all about looks!

I can relate. Sure I do not like having gained back some of the weight I Iost, I do not like being heavier again, I can tell it slows me down HOWEVER my main motivation is to fit into my closet full of 'thin clothes' again. Pretty vain, I know.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    So, I went to make a salad for lunch, but apparently my dear mother used up the rest of my ranch dressing the other day while she was babysitting (Grr). I tried to make my own little vinaigrette, but it was gross, so now my lunch is half of a leftover cream of mushroom pork chop and three caramel apple oreos that mom left here yesterday. I think a trip to the store is in order in a little while....MUST. HAVE. RANCH! :lol:
    Update: Kiddo came into the kitchen asking for a cheese sandwich, so obviously she didn't want a nap after all...

I've never bought salad dressing in my life. I just use 2/3 red wine vinegar and 1/3 olive oil (although it's meant to be the other way around I find that too greasy). Plus a little salt and pepper if you feel the need, dijon mustard is nice too. Love me some french dressing!