Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    So jealous. I've never even HEARD of these flavors. The ones we can buy here in Saudi Arabia are: Unfrosted Strawberry, Unfrosted Blueberry, The End. :'(
    Dang, that sucks. I got so sick of unfrosted strawberry growing up.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options

I have no words. I only read page 1. She actually had her 13 year old BIL taste. Nope. Can't.

And she has 1200+ posts. Anyone else wonder what those have been about?! Or, maybe we don't want to know.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I fell into a Wikipedia wormhole the other day. It started from watching the new Netflix series of Daredevil. It went Kingpin>Daredevil>Rex Smith. Rex Smith played Matt Murdock in an adaption I've never seen... But he also was Frederick in the 80s adaption of Pirates of Penzance.

So now I've had several Pirates of Penzance songs stuck in my head for a few days. I'm finally listening to the 1981 Broadway cast recording. It's making for a very rousing morning.

Now I'm humming,

"For I am the Pirate King!"
    "You are! Hurrah for the Pirate King!"
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I fell into a Wikipedia wormhole the other day. It started from watching the new Netflix series of Daredevil. It went Kingpin>Daredevil>Rex Smith. Rex Smith played Matt Murdock in an adaption I've never seen... But he also was Frederick in the 80s adaption of Pirates of Penzance.

So now I've had several Pirates of Penzance songs stuck in my head for a few days. I'm finally listening to the 1981 Broadway cast recording. It's making for a very rousing morning.

Now I'm humming,

"For I am the Pirate King!"
    "You are! Hurrah for the Pirate King!"

You're welcome ;)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Last night all I ate for dinner was a donut. Wasn't planned that way. After I got home from work & the gym, did the dishes and walked the dog I sat visiting with my mom until almost 10:00 and then it was bedtime.

So yay! I was under my calorie goal, but whoops! That wasn't healthy lol.

Also, can someone tell me the correct spelling: is it donut or doughnut? Or are both acceptable?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Cache1965 wrote: »
    So I'm trying like hell to lose this fat, and as my hubby is so loving and will I do anything to make me happy,it would make me more happier if he would just stay by my side. when we have dinner I try to make sure that he knows that I'm trying to lose this weight ,and make the right choices, and I need to eat healthy. a lot of stuff that we do eat I try to implement a lot of fresh vegetables, I eat fish, he doesn't and then when it comes down to desert, I say I can have that but only one scoop. I'll sit in my recliner and he'll bring me a bowl and the bowl is just overloaded with ice cream!, I tell him "thats not one scoop"! ,get mad at him and then continue to eat ice cream. I know!,, I know! I need to have more willpower than that! so I need somebody to give me some type of feedback,I know that I shouldn't of eating the ice cream & just put some of the back, but when it comes down to my husband and he does wants to help me,, but he's not helping me,, what should I do?.

You get up, get a food scale, get a bowl, put it on the scale, and put one serving of ice cream in the bowl, and stop finding excuses...

Sorry, I know it's a no judging thread, but it's on YOU, not your husband. I might slip up and binge occasionally, but I don't blame anyone but myself for it. Accept responsibility, it's the first step.

What she said.

Even when I have a bad binge day I usually still weigh out my portions to see the damage I've done.

I've only had two days (my birthday & a day before my period a few months ago) where I've said screw it & haven't weighed the damage I've done.
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I only read the first few posts... I bet my expression was priceless as I started reading that though.
    She can't be serious... right?
  • Talkradio
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I have no words. I only read page 1. She actually had her 13 year old BIL taste. Nope. Can't.

And she has 1200+ posts. Anyone else wonder what those have been about?! Or, maybe we don't want to know.

I'm going to hazard a guess that they've been in Chit Chat section.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    So, I went to make a salad for lunch, but apparently my dear mother used up the rest of my ranch dressing the other day while she was babysitting (Grr). I tried to make my own little vinaigrette, but it was gross, so now my lunch is half of a leftover cream of mushroom pork chop and three caramel apple oreos that mom left here yesterday. I think a trip to the store is in order in a little while....MUST. HAVE. RANCH! :lol:
    Update: Kiddo came into the kitchen asking for a cheese sandwich, so obviously she didn't want a nap after all...

I've never bought salad dressing in my life. I just use 2/3 red wine vinegar and 1/3 olive oil (although it's meant to be the other way around I find that too greasy).

This is one of my favorites too (same proportions). I also like just balsamic and red wine vinegar plus spicy mustard or dijon if I want to save calories for the cheese and olives on the salad!

I waiver back and forth between store-bought and making my own CONSTANTLY. Sometimes I just don't feel like putting in the work to measure AND stir. ;)
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the first day in I can't remember how long that I did not consume any chocolate or chocolatey thing. I still had a dessert but it was whizzed up frozen banana and berries so doesn't even count.

The no chocolate streak did not last long though (looking at you chocolate covered popcorn).

I can't decide if this is a confession to be proud of or embarrassed by.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I confess that I am irritated by an individual in another thread that thinks it's disgusting when women swear. I asked this individual to explain why, because obviously I need some educating on how to act f****** ladylike.

As soon as people tell me a woman "shouldn't" do something I immediately want to run out and do it.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Yesterday was the first day in I can't remember how long that I did not consume any chocolate or chocolatey thing. I still had a dessert but it was whizzed up frozen banana and berries so doesn't even count.

The no chocolate streak did not last long though (looking at you chocolate covered popcorn).

I can't decide if this is a confession to be proud of or embarrassed by.

Maybe just a little sad? :(
  • Talkradio
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    So, I went to make a salad for lunch, but apparently my dear mother used up the rest of my ranch dressing the other day while she was babysitting (Grr). I tried to make my own little vinaigrette, but it was gross, so now my lunch is half of a leftover cream of mushroom pork chop and three caramel apple oreos that mom left here yesterday. I think a trip to the store is in order in a little while....MUST. HAVE. RANCH! :lol:
    Update: Kiddo came into the kitchen asking for a cheese sandwich, so obviously she didn't want a nap after all...

I've never bought salad dressing in my life. I just use 2/3 red wine vinegar and 1/3 olive oil (although it's meant to be the other way around I find that too greasy).

This is one of my favorites too (same proportions). I also like just balsamic and red wine vinegar plus spicy mustard or dijon if I want to save calories for the cheese and olives on the salad!

I waiver back and forth between store-bought and making my own CONSTANTLY. Sometimes I just don't feel like putting in the work to measure AND stir. ;)

The 20oz Blender Bottles are nice for this! They have measurements on the side and you can mix and transport all in one.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Dairy Queen salted caramel truffle blizzard? I am wondering if it's good or not, aka worth the calories.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I think the 'Sex' thread was deleted. lol
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Last night all I ate for dinner was a donut. Wasn't planned that way. After I got home from work & the gym, did the dishes and walked the dog I sat visiting with my mom until almost 10:00 and then it was bedtime.

So yay! I was under my calorie goal, but whoops! That wasn't healthy lol.

Also, can someone tell me the correct spelling: is it donut or doughnut? Or are both acceptable?

I believe both are considered acceptable spellings. I prefer doughnut. Donut feels lazy to me. ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I've never bought salad dressing in my life. I just use 2/3 red wine vinegar and 1/3 olive oil (although it's meant to be the other way around I find that too greasy). Plus a little salt and pepper if you feel the need, dijon mustard is nice too. Love me some french dressing!

My dressings now are just red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard. Realized the oil made no difference whatsoever so I'll save the calories!

Going to assume she's trolling because if not I fear for the future of humanity if people like that keep reproducing.

• dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just stapled a whole bunch of articles I copied yesterday and got a paper cut. Instead of reading those articles I'm now googling why paper cuts hurt so much while eating chocolate cookies.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sorry forum double posted again.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I'm going to hazard a guess that they've been in Chit Chat section.

I would imagine you are correct! Love the new doggie photo!