Rude comments?

Replies

• kgatyyc
    kgatyyc Posts: 4 Member
    I don't understand how any of this has to do with the original weather post? Btw it's whether.
  • duffylynnreb
    duffylynnreb Posts: 51 Member
    thank y'all for not being rude this is the kind of conversation I was trying to have the first time. I don't mind people saying it's a stupid idea. It the rudeness that hurt my feelings
  • duffylynnreb
    runner475 wrote: »
    and he reminded me last night that it was my idea to make a bet for motivation for me but the actual car being the bet was his idea

Have you decided on what car it would be?

OHH!!!Boy!!! Why can't my husband be so giving?

I have not went car shopping cause I'm still not sure I can do this. I'm so lucky to have my boyfriend
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited April 2015
    Questioned answered, carry on!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    emily_stew wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Is it rude to point out that I think it's pretty awesome that I woke up this morning and 2 people are behind bars here and I think it's awesome ?

If it's rude, then I must be rude too because it made me cackle.

Samesies.

• duffylynnreb
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    People don't generally make rude comments here. Blunt honesty is often mistaken for rudeness by people who would rather hear sugar coated half-truths, or outright lies.

In real life, eff 'em. Anyone who would make a rude comment isn't worth spending the brain power on to worry about it.

Really? You couldn't have been more ruder to me.

Were you promoting some pseudo-science woo babble?

I think she might be talking about the "I need to lose 30 pounds in a month so my boyfriend will buy me a car" thread. That's the OP from that thread.

it's actually two and a half months and 24 pounds and I talked to a trainer yesterday and it is doable(just not fun at all :\)

So, someone that you are giving money to told you this was possible? Color me surprised.

Nope not my trainer just a trainer

That's probably wants to be your trainer.

So if your boyfriend decides he doesn't want go through with the bet anymore will you still lose the Wrighteven if there is no car?

at this point I would be lucky if I lost 15 pounds so I'm not expecting to get the car so yeah I'm doing this for me now
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    runner475 wrote: »
    and he reminded me last night that it was my idea to make a bet for motivation for me but the actual car being the bet was his idea

Have you decided on what car it would be?

OHH!!!Boy!!! Why can't my husband be so giving?

I have not went car shopping cause I'm still not sure I can do this. I'm so lucky to have my boyfriend

As a matter of fact go window shop, take a test drive, select color/make/model and remove those words "not sure I can do this". Start your journey right away.

And when you reach your goal let your BF buy that car.

Though I think just to be sure you get that car negotiate the time frame with him. 2 months is way too aggressive.
  • duffylynnreb
    People don't generally make rude comments here. Blunt honesty is often mistaken for rudeness by people who would rather hear sugar coated half-truths, or outright lies.

In real life, eff 'em. Anyone who would make a rude comment isn't worth spending the brain power on to worry about it.

I think she might be talking about the "I need to lose 30 pounds in a month so my boyfriend will buy me a car" thread. That's the OP from that thread.

it's actually two and a half months and 24 pounds and I talked to a trainer yesterday and it is doable(just not fun at all :\)

So, someone that you are giving money to told you this was possible? Color me surprised.

So if your boyfriend decides he doesn't want go through with the bet anymore will you still lose the Wrighteven if there is no car?

at this point I would be lucky if I lost 15 pounds so I'm not expecting to get the car so yeah I'm doing this for me now

Is being overweight not enough motivation? Let's say you won the bet and got the car, what's the motivation to continue or keep the weight off? What will it take, a new house?

I think, I hope wanting to maintain a nice body will be motivation to keep it off
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member

Is being overweight not enough motivation? Let's say you won the bet and got the car, what's the motivation to continue or keep the weight off? What will it take, a new house?

I think, I hope wanting to maintain a nice body will be motivation to keep it off

I will say that it's a hell of lot easier to maintain once you are there, rather than starting over again.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited April 2015
    Is it rude to point out that I think it's pretty awesome that I woke up this morning and 2 people are behind bars here an I think it's awesome ?

Genuinely curious, what is up with the bars? I saw that on those 2 people's pictures and I really don't understand. Anyone? I gather it means banned or something but yet they still are able to post? Also, quite a few peoples pics say keep calm user banned carry on. When did all this happen and how did I miss the explanation of it all? LOL!
    They aren't banned, just in Naughty Jail for having too many warning flags (if I understand correctly, MFP's not big on explaining). Banned users have the Keep Calm User Is Banned avatar. It came with the forum update months ago (iirc).

• duffylynnreb
    Gotta get back to work :) yall (southern can't help it)have a nice fit day
  • branflakes1980
    edited April 2015
    **Questions answered** Thanks and carry on!

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    zyxst wrote: »
    Is it rude to point out that I think it's pretty awesome that I woke up this morning and 2 people are behind bars here an I think it's awesome ?

Genuinely curious, what is up with the bars? I saw that on those 2 people's pictures and I really don't understand. Anyone? I gather it means banned or something but yet they still are able to post? Also, quite a few peoples pics say keep calm user banned carry on. When did all this happen and how did I miss the explanation of it all? LOL!
    They aren't banned, just in Naughty Jail for having too many warning flags (if I understand correctly, MFP's not big on explaining). Banned users have the Keep Calm User Is Banned avatar. It came with the forum update months ago (iirc).

So the red peeps are banned, got it! But the peeps in jail are just in jail and can still post? How long does jail last? Questions, questions too many questions. LOL!

Essentially yes.

I'd recommend PMing a moderator with the questions tho, or check out the help threads. We're not really supposed to openly discuss these things.
  • branflakes1980
    edited April 2015
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    zyxst wrote: »

So the red peeps are banned, got it! But the peeps in jail are just in jail and can still post? How long does jail last? Questions, questions too many questions. LOL!

It's actually all explained here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points?