Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I don't understand Pop Tarts. They taste like gooey, sugary cardboard.

Toaster Strudel, I can get behind, but Pop Tarts? Blergh.

$T2eC16Z,!wsE9suwyRubBP+Ml0UyQg~~60_35.JPG

You like strudel?

Strudel I can take or leave, but I will have one of him!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I don't understand Pop Tarts. They taste like gooey, sugary cardboard.

Toaster Strudel, I can get behind, but Pop Tarts? Blergh.

I can't have either, but given a choice from when I could, I'd be Team Toaster Strudel. At least, until I got to the Toaster Strudel post in that breast milk thread. Don't think I'll ever look at them the same again.
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I was making my children milkshakes a couple of nights ago and purposely made extra....uh...quite a bit extra....and downed it right out of the blender bowl.

Chocolate chip ice cream has never EVER tasted so good.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Heh, I've got my grocery list ready for Saturday and typed out Oreos or Pop Tarts as one of the entries.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    DistantJ wrote: »
    I was making my children milkshakes a couple of nights ago and purposely made extra....uh...quite a bit extra....and downed it right out of the blender bowl.

I suck at making milkshakes. Seriously... what's the proper ratio of ice cream, ice, milk? It's always disappointing when I make it... maybe I don't put enough ice cream though...

Been wanting to eat all the things again today and ended up having dinner at 4pm to avoid snacking on junk. Will probably regret it later but at least I'm full now.

When I look up a restaurant menu (I spend an absurd amount of time looking up restaurants online) I always check the dessert menu first and curse if they don't have it online. Also don't understand how most Chinese/Vietnamese/Japanese restaurants here don't have dessert...
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    DistantJ wrote: »

I suck at making milkshakes. Seriously... what's the proper ratio of ice cream, ice, milk? It's always disappointing when I make it... maybe I don't put enough ice cream though...

Been wanting to eat all the things again today and ended up having dinner at 4pm to avoid snacking on junk. Will probably regret it later but at least I'm full now.

When I look up a restaurant menu (I spend an absurd amount of time looking up restaurants online) I always check the dessert menu first and curse if they don't have it online. Also don't understand how most Chinese/Vietnamese/Japanese restaurants here don't have dessert...
    I consider it rude, when offered a dessert menu by the waitress, to not at least take a look.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Basically, PRO TIP if you're not eating the Ice Cream Shoppe flavors of Poptarts, broken up no top of real ice cream, you might be doing it wrong.

I'm so glad I got groceries for this week already and hopefully I'll forget about this by the time I have to go again.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Last night all I ate for dinner was a donut. Wasn't planned that way. After I got home from work & the gym, did the dishes and walked the dog I sat visiting with my mom until almost 10:00 and then it was bedtime.

So yay! I was under my calorie goal, but whoops! That wasn't healthy lol.

Also, can someone tell me the correct spelling: is it donut or doughnut? Or are both acceptable?

Canada: doughnut
    US: donut

Thanks everyone for clarifying!

I had wondered if it was a Canadian/ American spelling thing but wasn't sure. I usually type doughnut first but then second guess myself. Went with 'donut' so my Canadian didn't show :wink:
  • Goldhartbeat
    Goldhartbeat Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I hadn't been on a scale in several years and I knew I had gained quite some weight (slowly but surely), but when I saw the numbers on my newly bought scale I couldn't believe it.
    I actually checked whether or not was calibrated properly with some pots.

Unfortunately it was accurate. :bawling:
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Basically, PRO TIP if you're not eating the Ice Cream Shoppe flavors of Poptarts, broken up no top of real ice cream, you might be doing it wrong.

I'm so glad I got groceries for this week already and hopefully I'll forget about this by the time I have to go again.

dessert.mashups.creamtarts.jpg
  • ShibaEars
    Options

That's just evil.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

That's just evil.

I don't think this is the word you mean to use.
  • MrCJMartinez
    MrCJMartinez Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I once found one of those large deli subs from Wal-Mart unopened on a city bus...and ate it. The whole thing, right there on the bus. It was there when I got on so I had no idea who's it was. I am prone to binging, but this was probably the lowest form of desperation I have ever stooped too.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I went to the doctor's today and I am not happy. She has put me on methylprednisolone and said I can't lift weights or do anything that requires waving my arms around for at least three weeks. At the same time my thyroid function has been going down so she ordered more blood work. She also wants me to eat maintenance for the three weeks where I essentially can't exercise. My confession: I know it is illogical, but I'm terrified that I will gain back tons of weight while doing this or at the very least I'll completely derail the habits I've developed and it'll be too hard to start again.

Why did she say this? I mean, health is a personal thing so if you don't want to answer that is fine. Just curious. Strange that a doctor would advise NO exercise for 3 weeks.

I've managed to injure myself somehow and it is severely inflamed (apparently). It has been like this for awhile and I've probably made it worse by not getting it checked out sooner. So it is all my fault and I can't blame anyone else for it, but that said I'm still not happy about it. I was going to the doctor anyway to get the blood work done and I decided it would probably be time to mention that I've been having problems with my arm. This is the result of being honest!

To be clear I can still exercise - I just can't do my preferred methods of exercise. So I'm trying to figure out substitutions.

E.T.A. I injured my arm somehow. I just noticed I didn't actually say what I injured. I'm sure everything was as clear as mud before hand!

That stinks! Hope it gets better soon!

I was at the doctor on Monday because of a strained rotator cuff, so not allowed to do @BZAH10 famous arm workout for awhile. I did go to the gym last night and did the AMT machine and treadmill while holding onto the machine, but no weights.

Thank you! I hope yours gets better soon as well!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    homer_drooling.gif
  • Kalici
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I confess that I am irritated by an individual in another thread that thinks it's disgusting when women swear. I asked this individual to explain why, because obviously I need some educating on how to act f****** ladylike.

As soon as people tell me a woman "shouldn't" do something I immediately want to run out and do it.

Agree 100%. I'm a woman working in a "man's" field (Engineering).
    I can do anything a man can do, only better. That includes swearing and drinking beer.

On a related note, I confess that sometimes I commandeer my wife's bath pillow & bath salts, turn on the shower radio, and soak in the tub for an hour.

I can't blame you. That stuff is seriously relaxing though I usually swap in my kindle for the radio. :)
  • Kalici
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I have a wonderful teen daughter and a good relationship with her. I am so proud of her and want her to have my support as she choses her path in life. I am concerned that she has an eating disorder. She eats fine all day then comes home and stuffs herself to the point of pain just before I get home from work. They are pretty healthy choices just too much in one sitting. Example, a slice of homemade roast chicken and roasted veggies followed by two bowls of steel cut oats, raisins and walnuts. She had to go to the trouble of cooking the steel cut oats, we don't have instant. That's three meals in 30 minutes. She then complains of pain for the next three hours. She does not throw it up (but she has tried.) She is fit - probably BMI of 19-20.

I made an appointment with her doctor (a very intuitive and good pediatrician who my daughter likes and trusts). My daughter agreed to this but the last few days has been pissy and telling me she does not have a problem (because she didn't eat to the point of pain for one or two days out of many days of eating to the point of pain). Please with my daughter luck / good thoughts as we get to the bottom of this and get her whatever support she needs. Thanks.

Good luck, I hope everything turns out okay.

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I once found one of those large deli subs from Wal-Mart unopened on a city bus...and ate it. The whole thing, right there on the bus. It was there when I got on so I had no idea who's it was. I am prone to binging, but this was probably the lowest form of desperation I have ever stooped too.

Well, it was unopened. Other people on this thread have admitted to eating things out of the trash, so I wouldn't feel too badly! Apparently you didn't die, so it wasn't poisoned or anything.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options

That's just evil.

I don't think this is the word you mean to use.

The Pop Tart love is running deep today. I confess that I don't eat Pop Tarts or Oreos or ice cream and now I'm feeling like the odd ball. I don't mind. I usually am the weirdo of the group in real life, so I suppose it makes sense here, too.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I never really like pop tarts that much. Even with the ice cream, it isn't really appealing to me.
    This, on the other hand, I might be willing to try:
    mmdkdd35mr4i.jpg

And I definitely want some of these:
    ice-cream-sandwich-plate.jpg