Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CourtneyCL
    CourtneyCL Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I "forget" to log my calories, then "forget" just what I ate and how much.
    I also keep my food diary private so when I feel honest and log things, no one else can see just how bad I blew it that day.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Basically, PRO TIP if you're not eating the Ice Cream Shoppe flavors of Poptarts, broken up no top of real ice cream, you might be doing it wrong.

What about making an ice cream sandwich with regular poptarts?

Had the Cake Funfetti Poptarts today with Ben & Jerry's Spectacular Cookie Core:).
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't heard back from the interview yet, they said 1 week, they'd know who got it, but I haven't been eliminated yet, so that's good news right?

Yes! No news is goods news. *fingers crossed for you *
  • lautour
    lautour Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just don't want to eat healthy and don't know how to get myself to change. Salad feels like a waste of space on my plate and honestly many times I'd rather see that space be empty than filled with non-starchy vegetables. I can and often do happily eat just meat or meat and starch. If I put salad on my plate it's often for show. Even though I'm the only one who sees, still just for show. I dutifully buy vegetables and put them on the plate and throw them away. Either I throw them away because they go bad or I throw them away because I put them on the plate with no desire to eat them.

But give me potatoes, corn, onions, or cabbage and I'll eat them happily. I love the less nutritious vegetables to death.

Today I put spinach in my meatball wrap. But I only did it so it would look good in my food log. It added nothing of value to the wrap and it was only about half a cup (raw! so hardly any).

Whew, I haven't been able to talk about vegetables anywhere and my best friend always comments on my diary that I need to eat more vegetables.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I had to go grocery shopping today - after being told I must eat at maintenance for at least three weeks. I totally did not buy brownie ice cream or Ghirardelli dark chocolate brownie mix. o:)
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I confess that I am irritated by an individual in another thread that thinks it's disgusting when women swear. I asked this individual to explain why, because obviously I need some educating on how to act f****** ladylike.

As soon as people tell me a woman "shouldn't" do something I immediately want to run out and do it.

Agree 100%. I'm a woman working in a "man's" field (Engineering).
    I can do anything a man can do, only better. That includes swearing and drinking beer.

I think it's awesome you are an engineer! I think I remember you saying that you were a young, single mom as well. You definitely can do anything :)

Definitely! I had my kids at 19 and 20, then got divorced and finished my engineering degree as a single mother of 2 babies.

I'm all about empowering women. We are strong. We are invincible. :)

I did the same thing! Young mother, then got divorced and finished my engineering degree. I love working with mostly men, women can be so b****y sometimes in an office environment! My daughter is now in engineering school - strong women make strong women :p
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Basically, PRO TIP if you're not eating the Ice Cream Shoppe flavors of Poptarts, broken up no top of real ice cream, you might be doing it wrong.

I'm so glad I got groceries for this week already and hopefully I'll forget about this by the time I have to go again.

dessert.mashups.creamtarts.jpg

That's just evil.

I don't think this is the word you mean to use.

The Pop Tart love is running deep today. I confess that I don't eat Pop Tarts or Oreos or ice cream and now I'm feeling like the odd ball. I don't mind. I usually am the weirdo of the group in real life, so I suppose it makes sense here, too.

Nah Bzah...nothing odd about that. I'm actually allergic to whatever is in the Oreo cream filling and it's amazing how many bewildered looks I get when I say I don't eat them. Same with Doritos and American made Nutella (it's different overseas). We can be weirdos enjoying other desserts :).
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Last night all I ate for dinner was a donut. Wasn't planned that way. After I got home from work & the gym, did the dishes and walked the dog I sat visiting with my mom until almost 10:00 and then it was bedtime.

So yay! I was under my calorie goal, but whoops! That wasn't healthy lol.

Also, can someone tell me the correct spelling: is it donut or doughnut? Or are both acceptable?

Canada: doughnut
    US: donut

Canada: Timmy's
    US: donut

FIFY ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Oh hey look at this

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2015/04/23/spotted-on-shelves-peeps-jurassic-world-dino-eggs/

Reminded me of someone who sadly seems to have been AWOL.

And now I want some pop tarts. Although I like ice cream sandwiches made with Special K pastry crisps more.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    What have you guys done to me??? I bought some brown sugar and cinnamon poptarts last night.... AND TODAY I FINISHED OFF THE BOX. Six poptarts today!!! Holy crap, how many calories is that? Apparently 1260, over my calorie goal. Luckily I ate almost nothing else today. Should I hit the stationary bike? :confounded:

And I was claiming to hate poptarts!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I can eat the Special K pastry crisps, only 100 calories, perfect! Plus to me they taste like mini pop tarts, especially the strawberry. Never tried a pastry crisp or a pop tart with ice cream.
    *adds to imaginary bucket list*
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    What have you guys done to me??? I bought some brown sugar and cinnamon poptarts last night.... AND TODAY I FINISHED OFF THE BOX. Six poptarts today!!! Holy crap, how many calories is that? Apparently 1260, over my calorie goal. Luckily I ate almost nothing else today. Should I hit the stationary bike? :confounded:

Bwahaha! Sorry! I can't help but laugh. This will be me if I give in and buy some.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I don't understand Pop Tarts. They taste like gooey, sugary cardboard.

Toaster Strudel, I can get behind, but Pop Tarts? Blergh.

I can't have either, but given a choice from when I could, I'd be Team Toaster Strudel. At least, until I got to the Toaster Strudel post in that breast milk thread. Don't think I'll ever look at them the same again.

Yeah, no. No thanks. Too strong of a mental picture there.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options

7c5dbf7bf8a050c18b68b25e2580b910.jpg It's just one day. You'll be ok. :)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I'm so glad I got groceries for this week already and hopefully I'll forget about this by the time I have to go again.

dessert.mashups.creamtarts.jpg

That's just evil.

I don't think this is the word you mean to use.

It looks amazing, but since I was sitting here eating tuna while looking at it, that makes it an evil post.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

53763121.jpg
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    lautour wrote: »
    I just don't want to eat healthy and don't know how to get myself to change. Salad feels like a waste of space on my plate and honestly many times I'd rather see that space be empty than filled with non-starchy vegetables. I can and often do happily eat just meat or meat and starch. If I put salad on my plate it's often for show. Even though I'm the only one who sees, still just for show. I dutifully buy vegetables and put them on the plate and throw them away. Either I throw them away because they go bad or I throw them away because I put them on the plate with no desire to eat them.

But give me potatoes, corn, onions, or cabbage and I'll eat them happily. I love the less nutritious vegetables to death.

Today I put spinach in my meatball wrap. But I only did it so it would look good in my food log. It added nothing of value to the wrap and it was only about half a cup (raw! so hardly any).

Whew, I haven't been able to talk about vegetables anywhere and my best friend always comments on my diary that I need to eat more vegetables.

Rather than just having a salad have you considered making like a mixed veggie bake? I'll chunk chop like zucchini, yellow squash, onions, potatoes, and green & yellow peppers into a glass pan and mix it up with some olive oil, black pepper, garlic powder, and Trader Joes sells something called 21 Seasoning Salute and I bake it at like 350 for like 30-45 min (pending on how thick I cut everything). If you want them a little crispy broil it on high for a few minutes at the end and toss some grated parm on top.

Orrr...in the summer make a quinoa salad with diced up tomatoes, cucumbers, tri color peppers, fresh parsley, and red onion. Some fresh lemon or lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil for dressing. So you can get your starch on but have a bunch of veggies masked in.

Life doesn't have to be iceberg lettuce and grape tomatoes lol.

Not judging, I just hate to see veggies get tossed.
  • BlahUnderpants
    BlahUnderpants Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    CourtneyCL wrote: »
    I "forget" to log my calories, then "forget" just what I ate and how much.
    I also keep my food diary private so when I feel honest and log things, no one else can see just how bad I blew it that day.

I keep my food diary private as well. I tend not to go over by too much. But I definitely could be eating better stuff.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    lautour wrote: »

I am not a veggie person either. I throw out some but more often that not I just don't make them lol. I buy frozen so they aren't rotting in my fridge and are available when I do want them. I include veggies in my lunches, but honestly one serving a day is usually what I eat. And I feel the same way about salad that you do. It's never my first choice of food!

I'm trying to work more in though. Broccoli & cheddar omelets are really good, and I love BBQ'd red/yellow/orange bell peppers to eat with steak or include in fajitas/wraps.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »

Bwahaha! Sorry! I can't help but laugh. This will be me if I give in and buy some.
    I have to laugh at myself. ''Blegh, I hate poptarts. They taste like cardboard!!!"

*proceeds to buy a box and devours all 8 in less than 24 hours*