Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Basically, PRO TIP if you're not eating the Ice Cream Shoppe flavors of Poptarts, broken up no top of real ice cream, you might be doing it wrong.

I'm so glad I got groceries for this week already and hopefully I'll forget about this by the time I have to go again.

dessert.mashups.creamtarts.jpg

OMG I may have to eat that.....tonight.....even though it will NOT fit into my calories for the day....thanks >:)
  • CherryDoll66
    CherryDoll66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lol I used to do the same thing when I was younger!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Basically, PRO TIP if you're not eating the Ice Cream Shoppe flavors of Poptarts, broken up no top of real ice cream, you might be doing it wrong.

I'm so glad I got groceries for this week already and hopefully I'll forget about this by the time I have to go again.

OMG I may have to eat that.....tonight.....even though it will NOT fit into my calories for the day....thanks >:)

Make sure to warm the poptart first...
  • BlahUnderpants
    BlahUnderpants Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    lautour wrote: »
    I just don't want to eat healthy and don't know how to get myself to change. Salad feels like a waste of space on my plate and honestly many times I'd rather see that space be empty than filled with non-starchy vegetables. I can and often do happily eat just meat or meat and starch. If I put salad on my plate it's often for show. Even though I'm the only one who sees, still just for show. I dutifully buy vegetables and put them on the plate and throw them away. Either I throw them away because they go bad or I throw them away because I put them on the plate with no desire to eat them.

But give me potatoes, corn, onions, or cabbage and I'll eat them happily. I love the less nutritious vegetables to death.

Today I put spinach in my meatball wrap. But I only did it so it would look good in my food log. It added nothing of value to the wrap and it was only about half a cup (raw! so hardly any).

Whew, I haven't been able to talk about vegetables anywhere and my best friend always comments on my diary that I need to eat more vegetables.

I dislike a lot of vegetables that are deemed healthy. I am definitely a meat and starch person. Though, I have been trying to cute down on my starches as of late. I think they are one of the many things holding me back from getting healthier.

Another of my faults is canned green beans. They are the best for you, but I love them. I usually try to get no salt added, so that is a plus. I just can't stand the way frozen vegetables taste or feel in my mouth.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    I just don't want to eat healthy and don't know how to get myself to change. Salad feels like a waste of space on my plate and honestly many times I'd rather see that space be empty than filled with non-starchy vegetables. I can and often do happily eat just meat or meat and starch. If I put salad on my plate it's often for show. Even though I'm the only one who sees, still just for show. I dutifully buy vegetables and put them on the plate and throw them away. Either I throw them away because they go bad or I throw them away because I put them on the plate with no desire to eat them.

But give me potatoes, corn, onions, or cabbage and I'll eat them happily. I love the less nutritious vegetables to death.

Today I put spinach in my meatball wrap. But I only did it so it would look good in my food log. It added nothing of value to the wrap and it was only about half a cup (raw! so hardly any).

Whew, I haven't been able to talk about vegetables anywhere and my best friend always comments on my diary that I need to eat more vegetables.

Rather than just having a salad have you considered making like a mixed veggie bake? I'll chunk chop like zucchini, yellow squash, onions, potatoes, and green & yellow peppers into a glass pan and mix it up with some olive oil, black pepper, garlic powder, and Trader Joes sells something called 21 Seasoning Salute and I bake it at like 350 for like 30-45 min (pending on how thick I cut everything). If you want them a little crispy broil it on high for a few minutes at the end and toss some grated parm on top.

Orrr...in the summer make a quinoa salad with diced up tomatoes, cucumbers, tri color peppers, fresh parsley, and red onion. Some fresh lemon or lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil for dressing. So you can get your starch on but have a bunch of veggies masked in.

Life doesn't have to be iceberg lettuce and grape tomatoes lol.

Not judging, I just hate to see veggies get tossed.

Also not judging, because it took me a long time to get to a place where I enjoyed vegetables. You could try any of the things that people do to hide veggies in their kids food - I chop up carrots really small and put them into taco meat. Zucchini has basically no taste and can be hidden in lasagna, pasta, and casseroles. Stuff like that!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    What have you guys done to me??? I bought some brown sugar and cinnamon poptarts last night.... AND TODAY I FINISHED OFF THE BOX. Six poptarts today!!! Holy crap, how many calories is that? Apparently 1260, over my calorie goal. Luckily I ate almost nothing else today. Should I hit the stationary bike? :confounded:

And I was claiming to hate poptarts!

Bwahaha! Sorry! I can't help but laugh. This will be me if I give in and buy some.
    I have to laugh at myself. ''Blegh, I hate poptarts. They taste like cardboard!!!"

*proceeds to buy a box and devours all 8 in less than 24 hours*

My boxes of pop tarts only come with six.....three two packs......

Make sure to warm the poptart first...

Geee thanks lol
    I bought strawberry pop tarts last weekend......I usually eat them untoasted, but will follow your instructions lol
  • BlahUnderpants
    Options
    I have basically had nothing but sugar today. A cup of tea, a piece of chocolate, and a candy called orange slices. Still under calorie goal, though.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

I dislike a lot of vegetables that are deemed healthy. I am definitely a meat and starch person. Though, I have been trying to cute down on my starches as of late. I think they are one of the many things holding me back from getting healthier.

Another of my faults is canned green beans. They are the best for you, but I love them. I usually try to get no salt added, so that is a plus. I just can't stand the way frozen vegetables taste or feel in my mouth.

I had a dietitian for a couple of years. She told me that canned veggies aren't different enough from frozen to make a difference in your health.

Edited to add: The point being, it's better to eat veggies than to skip them because you don't like them frozen.
  • BlahUnderpants
    Options

I had a dietitian for a couple of years. She told me that canned veggies aren't different enough from frozen to make a difference in your health.

Edited to add: The point being, it's better to eat veggies than to skip them because you don't like them frozen.

That's good to hear. I was always told, through doctors, family, and television, that canned wasn't quite as good for you due to the cooking process. And of course the amount of salt put into them. It's ridiculous. I open a can of regular and can definitely tell a difference in the salt level.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I prefer fresh or frozen. Can't stand canned (minus beans) veggies. They are sometimes salty and limp. Eww, no...
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm depressed because a serving/42g of peanut m&m's is only 17. Plain is 49. I now count them instead of weighing then out.
  • BlahUnderpants
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I prefer fresh or frozen. Can't stand canned (minus beans) veggies. They are sometimes salty and limp. Eww, no...

I don't like some of my veggies crunchy. Which is why I prefer the frozen. Crunchy green beans are just weird to me. I tend to eat my veggies either raw or really well cooked (or not at all. Eeek.)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

I don't like some of my veggies crunchy. Which is why I prefer the frozen. Crunchy green beans are just weird to me. I tend to eat my veggies either raw or really well cooked (or not at all. Eeek.)

I like my veggies a bit on the crunchy side. I think it's because growing up my parents always overcooked every vegetable so they were like mush. Blech. (I appreciate that they cooked healthy meals for me but still, blech.)
  • robsinclair59
    robsinclair59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »
    Sometimes, I eat in bed and don't even remember. I wake up in the morning wondering why I'm not hungry, and then, I'm sad when I remember.
    Lol this is sooo mme r, I wake up to my sons school lunch food wrappers all over the floor :-*
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    cnadiger wrote: »
    Last night all I ate for dinner was a donut. Wasn't planned that way. After I got home from work & the gym, did the dishes and walked the dog I sat visiting with my mom until almost 10:00 and then it was bedtime.

So yay! I was under my calorie goal, but whoops! That wasn't healthy lol.

Also, can someone tell me the correct spelling: is it donut or doughnut? Or are both acceptable?

Canada: doughnut
    US: donut

Canada: Timmy's

FIFY ;)

I am about the ONLY Canadian who cannot stand Timmies. McDonalds coffee is far superior and Timmies microwaves their frozen doughnuts. Disgusting! I don't think I have been to a Tim Hortons since I worked at one 8 years ago. I did work at a bakery a couple of years ago and our fresh fried doughnuts were to die for (ironic).
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    cnadiger wrote: »
    Last night all I ate for dinner was a donut. Wasn't planned that way. After I got home from work & the gym, did the dishes and walked the dog I sat visiting with my mom until almost 10:00 and then it was bedtime.

So yay! I was under my calorie goal, but whoops! That wasn't healthy lol.

Also, can someone tell me the correct spelling: is it donut or doughnut? Or are both acceptable?

Canada: doughnut

Canada: Timmy's

FIFY ;)

I am about the ONLY Canadian who cannot stand Timmies. McDonalds coffee is far superior and Timmies microwaves their frozen doughnuts. Disgusting! I don't think I have been to a Tim Hortons since I worked at one 8 years ago. I did work at a bakery a couple of years ago and our fresh fried doughnuts were to die for (ironic).
  • SAFCMDO
    SAFCMDO Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I can eat 32 jaffa cakes in one go
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have the flu. I want cream of chicken soup. I don't HAVE any cream of chicken soup, so I'm sitting on the couch, under a doona, drinking black coffee and stroppily refusing to eat BECAUSE I DON'T WANNA.

#5yearold
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    12pm: *me prelogging food for supper* "Ahh yes, this will be healthy, and lovely and in my goal... And prelogging will help ensure I stick to it!"

6:30pm: *delete, delete, delete... Adds three beers in healthy meal's place*
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    SAFCMDO wrote: »
    I can eat 32 jaffa cakes in one go

Jaffa cakes are one of those thy things I want to try someday, just so I get what people are talking about. Our import food section doesn't have them. Only problem is I'd be sick for a few days after.