KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Maybe this could be of some assistance?

how-to-even-for-dummies.jpg
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    RosieWest8 wrote: »
    I actually just want to know if your co-worker actually used the word 'adipose'. If so...they can't be all that bad because Doctor Who is awesome and at least they have good taste in television entertainment. If YOU are, in fact, the one that used the word then....extra shame on your co-worker and points to you!

YES! LOL!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Oh, how had I never looked into the blood type diet. It's like the next best thing to a zodiac diet (up for this, btw).

[quotes]

So hilarious.

I'm a Virgo - it would be like, "Is your steak perfectly medium-rare? If not, throw it away and try again. Repeat until all food is perfect, only then may you eat".
    It matters if you are an earth, fire or water sign and what elements you are low in. ;)

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    seric2000 wrote: »
    KnM0107 wrote: »
    I am so hoping this is not real. I just, I can't even...

She's is real...real insane. We work in a hospital, by the way.

How's your MRSA infection rate?

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Oh, how had I never looked into the blood type diet. It's like the next best thing to a zodiac diet (up for this, btw).
    As a Type B, you carry the genetic potential for great malleability and the ability to thrive in changeable conditions.... At the same time, it can be extremely challenging to balance two poles and Type B's tend to be highly sensitive to the effects of slipping out of balance.

For Type Bs the biggest factors in weight gain are corn, wheat, buckwheat, lentils, tomatoes, peanuts and sesame seeds.... Another very common food that Type Bs should avoid is chicken. Chicken contains a Blood Type B agglutinating lectin in its muscle tissue.... Dr. D'Adamo suggests that you wean yourself away from chicken and replace them with highly beneficial foods such as goat, lamb, mutton, rabbit and venison. Other foods that encourage weight loss are green vegetables, eggs, beneficial meats, and low fat dairy. When the toxic foods are avoided and replaced with beneficial foods, Blood Type Bs are very successful in controlling their weight.

most Blood Type B's often described themselves in ways related to the following characteristics: subjective, easygoing, creative, original and flexible. In another study, Type B's scored significantly higher on "intuiting," indicating a preference or sixth sense information; and they scored high on the "intuiting/feeling" combination, indicating that they tend to be insightful, mystical, idealistic, creative, globally-oriented, people-oriented and good at imagining.... Perhaps the nomadic life of the steppes contributed to long hours given over to talk as well as ample time for meditation and reflection.

So hilarious.

I'm a type B too. Yeah... goat... I'll get right on that.

Type B here too .. and everything about type B in that post was wrong about me. Avoid chicken .. hmmpff .. about 80% of the meat I eat is chicken. I'm doing fine.

So glad I don't live in China where your blood type can actually influence your job prospects. I certainly wouldn't be the engineer I am today, because type B people are not suited to engineering or sciences.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Oh jeeze, what's plexus? Another shady-azz ripoff MLM? IDK, we have people here at this place who always claim to be on some diet or other but weigh at least twice what would be healthy, and I mean literally. There's always someone really large debating the fine points of a celebrity diet with another really large person in the break room... I don't say anything. ever. I just drink my coffee and keep my snark inside my head.

Yep that about covers it. It's super spammy.

I have a Facebook friend who sells it and when she first started posting about it I messaged her to let her know that her account had been hacked. Whoops.

I've done that before too...but intentionally :)

:laugh:

No it really was an accident.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYX8HioHI99Ka6DxfBT3g8FFGnEG9UFTC7zUlUT3c8myBLIpib
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    KnM0107 wrote: »
    I am so hoping this is not real. I just, I can't even...

She's is real...real insane. We work in a hospital, by the way.

Wow

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Coworker of mine likes to constantly make excuses as to why she doesn't work out. Such as, she doesn't want to "get big" (muscles), or "my legs will get too skinny" (she's top heavy, but relatively normal sized legs). Or tells me the only reason I can do the elliptical for an hour and she can't do it for 5 minutes is because I'm not a smoker.
    Well actually, I was a smoker when I started exercising and I pushed through the feeling of my lungs being on fire and kept going and gaining stamina. Thanks though!
    I don't care if you work out or not. I just don't get why people feel the need to make an excuse about it.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I don't work with anyone like the people mentioned here. I don't even know how I would react.
  • Solamer
    Solamer Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Libra diet: only eat meals where all the portions of food on the plate weigh exactly the same
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have a friend from school who's now gone onto teaching / leading classes in the gym or whatever, and being a personal trainer.
    I think he's done a year in college about health and/or fitness or something like that.
    Yet him, and a few of my other friends who go to class don't seem to have the slightest clue about nutrition, losing weight, or muscle gain.
    one great thing quote i've heard from them is "That guy can't grow any muscle, he doesn't have any fat to turn into it".

From what I can make out, they still think things that to lose weight, you gotta go on one of those "clean" eating fad diets and can't have any treats or anything. They think that all fats are bad (when losing weight) and just turn into fat in your body, both the friend that teaches the classes (and he is a personal trainer too....) and the friends that go to his classes, also don't seem to understand basic concepts about metabolism, or muscle building (that your muscle and strength increases during the recovery period, not while lifting, that its a slow and very long process to gain any substantial muscle while eating at a calorie surplus, etc). And many more stupid things too.

Yet they criticized/questioned for not paying to go to his classes (I wasn't trying to get in for free either), but rather going to my own local gym that I've always gone to. And that i'm not going to get anywhere, or make any progress either way by doing my own thing. Even though i've gained 4-5 pounds of muscle, and lost 35+ pounds of fat so far in the last 4 months. (Primarily at a deficit and focusing on losing weight) and actually have visibly solid biceps, triceps, muscular calves, and still losing weight at a steady pace.
    I don't really bother with them when they talk about all their fitness stuff and classes, but it just hurts my brain hearing some of the things they say or believe in regarding weight loss / muscle gain / metabolism / nutrition.
    And I can't even try to tell them some stuff, since they wouldn't believe me and think that what they know is completely right since the guy went and took a 1 year course, he has to be right about everything o.0
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Pisces diet: Fish, water, and magic.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Spyer116 wrote: »
    I have a friend from school who's now gone onto teaching / leading classes in the gym or whatever, and being a personal trainer.
    I think he's done a year in college about health and/or fitness or something like that.
    Yet him, and a few of my other friends who go to class don't seem to have the slightest clue about nutrition, losing weight, or muscle gain.
    one great thing quote i've heard from them is "That guy can't grow any muscle, he doesn't have any fat to turn into it".

From what I can make out, they still think things that to lose weight, you gotta go on one of those "clean" eating fad diets and can't have any treats or anything. They think that all fats are bad (when losing weight) and just turn into fat in your body, both the friend that teaches the classes (and he is a personal trainer too....) and the friends that go to his classes, also don't seem to understand basic concepts about metabolism, or muscle building (that your muscle and strength increases during the recovery period, not while lifting, that its a slow and very long process to gain any substantial muscle while eating at a calorie surplus, etc). And many more stupid things too.

Yet they criticized/questioned for not paying to go to his classes (I wasn't trying to get in for free either), but rather going to my own local gym that I've always gone to. And that i'm not going to get anywhere, or make any progress either way by doing my own thing. Even though i've gained 4-5 pounds of muscle, and lost 35+ pounds of fat so far in the last 4 months. (Primarily at a deficit and focusing on losing weight) and actually have visibly solid biceps, triceps, muscular calves, and still losing weight at a steady pace.
    I don't really bother with them when they talk about all their fitness stuff and classes, but it just hurts my brain hearing some of the things they say or believe in regarding weight loss / muscle gain / metabolism / nutrition.
    And I can't even try to tell them some stuff, since they wouldn't believe me and think that what they know is completely right since the guy went and took a 1 year course, he has to be right about everything o.0

:indifferent:
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker who refuses to eat meat. I told her it was nice that she was a vegetarian.
    She said "no, I'm not a vegetarian. I just don't eat anything with muscles because I read that muscle weighs so much more than fat and I don't want to ingest all that heavy meat muscle". (shovels in the macaroni and cheese)
    Go ahead...be flabbergasted.
    I can't even....wow

• daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Maybe this could be of some assistance?

how-to-even-for-dummies.jpg

This is perfect. B)
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

[quotes]

So hilarious.

I'm a Virgo - it would be like, "Is your steak perfectly medium-rare? If not, throw it away and try again. Repeat until all food is perfect, only then may you eat".
    It matters if you are an earth, fire or water sign and what elements you are low in. ;)

I'm a sagittarius so I only eat what I hunt and kill with my own teeth and also I can only drink wine.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me the weird "don't eat past 9pm" thing? I've heard that a few times and I'm feeling search engine lazy right now.

I had a pretty drunken/intense discussion with my friend about this, and she went home and emailed me these studies at like 3 am. I didn't get too into them, but you might find something fun in there.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25707276
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25711020
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25665169
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25707277

Were these people high when they did these studies?

hahaha. I don't know. After skimming them, the only thing that really stood out to me is that they didn't really apply to the argument we were having...None of them seem to take into account the fact the the person (or in this case, any person we were discussing), is in a calorie deficit, as they are trying to lose weight.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I just had to sit and suffer through overhearing a coworker go on, ad nauseam through my cubicle wall, how eating carbs after dinner will mean they don't get digested but get immediately turned into evil evil adipose! Apparently everything else if fine, just not doze evil carbz.

doctorwho_s04_e01_14.jpg

The evens that I can't = all of them

Sorry, just had to spread my misery. Anyone have any other overheard gems to share?

This entire post makes me happy for this particular bit:

The evens that I can't = all of them
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    My boss says that during the week of the full moon, or right before it-you can eat all you want and not gain weight. I just smile and nod.

Hahahahaha! Just like calories don't count on your birthday.

But... they don't? :hushed: