40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 13 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Strength"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Hi!

I lifted HEAVY today!

Weighed first and FINALLY got my SWOOSH!!! I am down 4.2 lbs for the WEEK.

Ummmmmmmmmm.....can we all say "BOOM!", please?!??!?

So, I am about 3 lbs away from my May 21st goal, I am 7 lbs away from my June 17th goal. And now these goals are all completely achievable and I will be at a really awesome weight come the beginning of trip to Europe in July.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    the "BOOM"!

• LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend Cool Kids! I'm happy dancing this morning... 2.6 lbs down this week! :)

Gam - great "INSANITY-ing"!

For Beeps: BOOM!!! :D

Alf - those hail stones are monster... hope you didn't have to go outside when they were falling, they look they'd really hurt!

KellySue - thinking of you and your family this weekend... enjoy hubby's return home :)

Ruby, Larro, Natalie, Jackie - and all others who have gardens/yards - let's hope we all get a chance to tend them this weekend: my goal for tomorrow is to get all my seeds potted up and going... tomatoes, broad beans, courgettes, carrots... I hope.

To everyone... hope you all have a great weekend: keep on keeping on... just popped in and popping back out again as I'm going to the football (soccer for US friends ;) ) this afternoon.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Hi!

I lifted HEAVY today!

Weighed first and FINALLY got my SWOOSH!!! I am down 4.2 lbs for the WEEK.

Ummmmmmmmmm.....can we all say "BOOM!", please?!??!?

So, I am about 3 lbs away from my May 21st goal, I am 7 lbs away from my June 17th goal. And now these goals are all completely achievable and I will be at a really awesome weight come the beginning of trip to Europe in July.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    the "BOOM"!

BOOOOOOOM!!!!!! Yeah! WTG
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Lost 3.4lbs this week!!! I really turned up the cardio to do it. 2hours most days. Not sure I can keep that up...but I'm going to try. It's helped that my sons' spring sports have started up, baseball and soccer. I've been walking the track at the field while they practice--hoping for another 3lb. loss this week! Well, I'm off to morning cardio.

Have a super Saturday all!
  • cancervixen
    cancervixen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I thought I would share a joke this Saturday morning with you all. Have an awesome day!

I burn like 2000 calories every time I put my bed sheets on by myself. :p
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday. No loss, no gain. And it is starting to get old. Oh, well - I am drastically increasing cardio, so we'll see how it goes. :|

Alisha, I've hit a plateau, too. It can be very discouraging and frustrating when that scale just won't move! We got this, Right! A little more cardio and a closer eye on our food and we'll get that scale moving again. ..I hope, lol!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    "Day: 12 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Back to Core"=Done!

great job! You are on a roll. I know that program is very intense. Any luck we will get before & after photos?
    thanks. I, sadly, have NO idea how to post pics on here. a while back there was a group posting their dog's pics...and I just couldn't figure out how to do it. I has "the dumb". :(

Gam, if you will click on the icon that looks like a sheet of paper at the top of the post box you will get a drop down menu that offers "choose file" or "image URL". If you have your picture on your phone or laptop, click choose file. If it is posted to another site, like Face Book, copy the image URL from the other site, paste image URL in box and click enter.

If you want to practice away from the spotlights, I started a thread to do that. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10013081/testing-1-2-3#latest

Good luck.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who has lost weight! I'm hoping to stop by my moms tomorrow morning and weigh myself. I did midweek and was up, but last weekend was a super birthday weekend, much food and drink, the week before I was sick so no working out. Hoping to at least be back where I was! I'm also changing up my workouts. Kickboxing Mon, kettlebell and 3/4 kickboxing class Tues, kickboxing Wed, combat conditioning Thur and self defence Friday and then the kettlebell and kickboxing on Saturday. Hoping the change works.

Very jeaolous of all the gardens. My hyacinths are coming up and poor things had snow on them on Thursday. Here's hoping they don't die. Suppose to be warming up now, keep your fingers crossed!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

It's a Stormy Monday here on this Saturday. Luckily today's wedding isn't an outside one. My bad back has raised it's evil head this morning. Who knew tucking in one's shirt was so fraught with danger. I walked a while after I got her to help it loosen up. Not sure if it worked or not. As long as I sit still it doesn't hurt. But if I movet eh wrong way it is bad enough I holler.

KS, good luck today. Know you are so excited.

Alf, what the hail have you been up to? Hope your house and car came through the storm alright.

LN, NLM, Beeps, Alf & the rest of you losers, good job. And all of you that are stuck right now, keep on doing the right thing and you will see results. Even if the scale isn't changing, your body is.

Welcome to the new guys, and hello to everyone else.

Hope you guys have a good day,

Larro

And just in case anyone needs a shot of the blues this morning. . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an0Oe2K411I
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    47 here I wanna join! Awesomeness
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Beeps - BOOOOOMMMM! you continue to inspire me. I wish I had 1/2 of your willpower but I will keep trying to get better! Congrats on you loss.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Started Chalene Extreme Series again today. It kicked my butt. Then I did 20 minutes of step aerobics.

Weighed myself and I was up 3 lbs. I am going to start doing morning Chalene Extreme program before work and then a workout at gym in the afternoons. This insanity of gain cannot continue. My eating has to change! I saw a picture of myself from the field trip I went on this week with my son and I seriously did not recognize myself from the back. That was a huge eye opener. Depressing but motivating. I am really scared about this path I have been on the last couple of years. I hope I can report better news soon and can post a loss.
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ruby - we've all got your back! It sounds like you've got a plan in place and you're motivated - you can do it! :)

I had the OK from the physio yesterday to go back to running (yay!) - so I'm just going out for a plod to see how the knee fares... hopefully I will return with a positive report.
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow! Sounds like everyone is having a pretty darn good weekend so far.

Kali and I went for a walk this morning 1 hr 15 minutes and then mid afternoon a 23 minute walk/run. Waiting for my neighbour now to go for our evening walk. No gardening done today but I did get out to purchase a much needed new pair of shoes for walking, it's like walking with clouds on they feel so good.

Keep up the great work everyone. I agree it will pay off for all of us!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the "BOOM"s.

Beeps-Power!

Cardio today. Done. Am going out for supper with some gf's. Calorie-mgmt could be tougher tonight!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids!

Today was my weigh in day and I actually lost 0.9! I'll take it as I have maintained over the past few weeks. Leaving next Saturday to go on our cruise so I think I will probably weigh in on Friday since we are flying out early Saturday morning. Probably won't have a lot of internet time while on vacation. LOL

My plan is to run at least 3 times while on the ship. I plan to do two of those days during the "Fun Day at Sea" days (the beginning of the trip and the end LOL). We have a 7 hour excursion when we get to Belize. 3 of those hours will be walking around some Mayan ruins! The two hours on either side is a bus ride to get to them and back to the ship. That's our longest excursion. LOL
    This is my first cruise and I'm so excited!!!!

Hope that everyone is having a fabulous weekend so far! :)
  • ccfitnesspal
    ccfitnesspal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just saw the title for this forum and I love it! I just turned 40 a few months ago. Most of the people I work with are young or old (lol, what do you consider old at age 40 vs what you considered old when you were age 20?). I feel isolated in my age group, so this forum is nice to see.

I have been on the weight roller coaster for years. At 22, I lost nearly 50 lbs (from 180 lbs down to 130lbs); I started jogging when a friend at the time taught me how. I ate well and ran almost 20 miles a week. By age 30 I gained all that weight back because of some bad choices I made (back up to 190 lbs). I had a wild hair and got my but back into gear. I started on the stationary bike, 20 minutes for lunch each day and after one year, I was back to 135 lbs but was better than before because I started to lift free weights, dabbled in crossfit, and ran almost 15 miles a week. I changed my diet to the Zone diet and loved it. I kept the weight off for almost 8 years. In that time I joined the military, was a PT stud, then got settled down at the new job. My exercise stopped but my eating habits of 6 small meals a day did not change. For about the last year the scale has been flirting with 180 lbs and I've been trying all my old tricks but they just haven't been working. I guess the metabolism isn't so easily manipulated as it was in my 20's and 30's, neither are the knees, hips or shoulder joints. I've been trying the old way and that hasn't worked so I'm trying new stuff. I started up MFP again (signed up 2 years ago) and will stick to it. I use the Diet Point app (android) to help me plan meals and remind me when to eat, and the Runtastic app with a fitbit to track my activity. I keep getting injured so this time I'm really listening to the Dr and taking it slow. I just started reading the New Rules of Lifting for Women and I am hopeful that I'll learn something new. I'm starting with a reduction in calories (1200 a day--Diet Point) and a cardio training plan (Runtastic) for the next 4-8 weeks. I am limited to the elliptical and the bike for now cause of injury. I am planning on tweaking my diet in a couple weeks and will prepare a lifting plan that I will start in late June or early July.

Also, in the last year and a half, I've quit smoking (long-time smoker UNTIL July 2013) and quit drinking (heavy drinker UNTIL January 2014). I consider this my next stage of change. I am also on my last few courses of college so by this time next year, I hope to be healthy, be able to fit in a size 6 again, and have a degree!

Thanks for letting me vent my life story and Thank you for creating this forum!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    "Day: 12 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Back to Core"=Done!

great job! You are on a roll. I know that program is very intense. Any luck we will get before & after photos?

before. had been doing Wii cardio boxing for a few weeks...yes, really.
    c0qdazh02v7m.jpg

after a couple rounds of insanity
    1v5ip04ddu3v.jpg

now
    ovr9v1wcc6qy.jpg

...thanks Larro.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    oh..."Day: 14 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Relief"=Done!