Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    If you are a praying person, I am asking for some right now. If not a praying person, maybe send some good vibes. My sister's sister-in-law is 30 weeks pregnant, after 5 attempts at IVF. On Sunday, she was having issues with her kidneys, so yesterday they decided to go and put in some drains. While under anesthetic, she vomited and aspirated. Due to lack of oxygen, she is now in a coma and has been placed on life support. The family was all called last night and the Dr's basically admitted they were keeping he alive as long as they can for the baby's sake, but there is little to no brain activity. Now a baby that was wished for, for so long, is likely not going to have a Mama. Miracles do happen, and we could really use one today!

Thoughts and wishes to you and yours
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    They were handing out free Quest Bars and protein powder samples at the GNC in the mall I frequent.

A friend grabbed me a strawberry sample and I kinda want to pick up a tub of the stuff. I might when I notice I see it on sale because that price tag. :s

• ethim
    Options
    So where to begin;
    - I can't eat bad stuff in moderation, open bag of revels is an empty bag of revels
    - I spread the portions across several days to make me feel better
    - I put in exercise to stay in the green for the day and then do the exercise the next day
    - If I lose more than I expect I only log the planned loss to give me a head start on next week (and avoid fluctuations
    - And the real confession, I got so fed up of 'Mr Perfect' at the gym, who doesn't work there, constantly offering advice and then laughing about it with others, not to mention that he strolls round the changing room naked for at least 20 minutes so I broke into his locker and put ground rose hips in his boxers

I know I am a bad boy, I will go and stand in the corner

I used to put this down my brother's shirt when we were kids!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I had a complete breakdown/tantrum this morning. Got on the scales and I'm back up to 214lbs. It's like I'm on some sort of weight bungee cord. I can't get past 212.9lb and I bounce back up to 214lb. I spend all month getting down to 212.9lb and back up again! So complete breakdown, sat crying on my bed for about 15 minutes, got dressed and went down stairs to get breakfast and saw my swimming stuff on the line outside frozen from the frost in the morning. Completely flipped out. Gym bag went across to room, laundry went flying around the room and I just thought bollo*ks to this I'm going to work grabbed my handbag a left. Arrived at work an hour early, no breakfast, I didn't even brush my teeth. Currently trying to find a local therapist, I don't want to go on the happy pills, but I can't take this much more.

Don't let that get you down! I have been bouncing around the same 3 lbs for the last month. I find I get "stuck" in a range for a while then suddenly drop. Just stick with your eating plan and keep moving and it will eventually come off.

But of course if you think talking to someone will help do it! I just wouldn't freak about bouncing around a certain weight. Sometimes you just have to "wait" it out. Now go brush your teeth! You'll feel better.
    This has been happening since February, it's driving me crackers. I can't even get my hopes up that I will break the boundary anymore.

Yea, I feel really gross. I'm going to have to go buy a toothbrush and paste from the local shop on my break...

On the plus side, though, if that is your hand in one of the pictures I love your nail polish color!

Great minds think alike ;) We have already established that it is Lois's hand and the nail polish is Barry M, a UK brand.

Morning ladies, sorry I never got back to you last night I was wiped out. The nail varnish shade is 'almond' but it doesn't look very almondy to me. My first reaction was "ooh grey' when I saw it. Lol

Thanks for remembering! You're right, almond wouldn't have been my first guess.

It reminds me of a darker version of my favourite shade "decades of dysfunction" by Orly, which is a greyish pink.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ethim wrote: »
    So where to begin;
    - I can't eat bad stuff in moderation, open bag of revels is an empty bag of revels
    - I spread the portions across several days to make me feel better
    - I put in exercise to stay in the green for the day and then do the exercise the next day
    - If I lose more than I expect I only log the planned loss to give me a head start on next week (and avoid fluctuations
    - And the real confession, I got so fed up of 'Mr Perfect' at the gym, who doesn't work there, constantly offering advice and then laughing about it with others, not to mention that he strolls round the changing room naked for at least 20 minutes so I broke into his locker and put ground rose hips in his boxers

I know I am a bad boy, I will go and stand in the corner

I used to put this down my brother's shirt when we were kids!

I'm dying of curiosity here... what does it do?
  • ethim
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    After having a no-so-great run of days eating-wise, I weighed in today & only gained 1/2 a lb.

C'mon universe, validating cake & cookies for dinner, and sandwiches for lunch instead of salads IS NOT HELPING

My 'oops this is just one bad day' has accidentally turned into two weeks with overeating and no exercise and very little weight gain. I totally agree the universe is not helping with trying to get the motivation back!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I hate sharing food.

I went to a restaurant with a bunch of gym friends, not realizing it was family style. I ordered some tofu and when it arrived, people started eating off the plate. I realized the deal at that point, and ordered another since by the time the plate came to me it was empty. I was annoyed, but whatever.

The second one came and the same thing happened. I excused myself, implying that I was going outside to have a cigarette, went downstairs to the mall food court and ate a veggie burger and fries. When I came back I said nothing and just smiled and ordered a drink like nothing had happened.

It was that or lose it on the next person who touched my #%€*@& tofu.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I hate sharing food.
    Oh god yes. I think it stems from people taking from my family always taking from my plate as a kid.

• ethim
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »
    lalabrucey wrote: »
    Last night at the gym, I put on 'Eye of the tiger' and pretended I was Rocky working out for a big tournament

I do this too!

Whenever I hear 'Eye of the tiger' it reminds me of this: https://youtu.be/x1yWsj9rNwQ
    Big fan of Supernatural!

I love that clip!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ethim wrote: »
    After having a no-so-great run of days eating-wise, I weighed in today & only gained 1/2 a lb.

C'mon universe, validating cake & cookies for dinner, and sandwiches for lunch instead of salads IS NOT HELPING

My 'oops this is just one bad day' has accidentally turned into two weeks with overeating and no exercise and very little weight gain. I totally agree the universe is not helping with trying to get the motivation back!

It's odd but it's not how I work.

Last year during my vacation (eating out for a week and eating 25% over TDEE in average), I technically didn't gain anything from before I left... but I also didn't lose anything that month, when I should have lost 2 pounds from all the deficit I had the weeks before... so I really gained 2 pounds (and it took me months to get back to my lowest weight).

Unfortunately for me, it can take 3 to 4 weeks for any weight variation to show up on the scale. So sure, I might not gain any weight from that bad 4000 calories day I had two days ago (just some random example)... but then I won't lose anything next week even with a 2500 deficit. Unfortunately, by logging as accurately as possible, I've found that the math is always pretty much spot on from month to month...
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Daughter update
    She is pissed at me. She is pissed at doctor.
    She has lost weight and weighs a little less than she did 2.5 years ago in middle school. Her urine is dilute. I am to toss or hide the scale in the house. I am to toss her full length mirror (It DOES make people look fat - I tried to get rid of it before but she wanted to keep it.) She is getting tested for thyroid, etc to see if there is a physical cause. She is to eat bigger breakfasts and lunches and make sure she has a good protein at lunch time, some spinach leaves do not make a balanced lunch. She is to try to not eat until she feels pain (stop eating before it hurts). I will also take her to a nutricianist to confirm she should be eating 1400-1600 calories a day and that she is getting the right foods. We go back to the doctor in a month. I think she is at a healthy weight - but certainly could gain weight and still be in the healthy weight range. The doctor and I will be in touch. The doctor talked to her about this is a challenging time of life but to try to enjoy it and it is ok if she does not pass all her APs and enter college with basically her freshman year completed already. The doctor suggested she try meditation daily too.

Thank you all.

You sound like an incredible mother! Hope she understands how much you love her and only want what's best for her. Being a mother myself, I hope I'm half as in tune with what's going on with my daughter. Best of luck.

• ethim
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I confess that I am irritated by an individual in another thread that thinks it's disgusting when women swear. I asked this individual to explain why, because obviously I need some educating on how to act f****** ladylike.

As soon as people tell me a woman "shouldn't" do something I immediately want to run out and do it.

Agree 100%. I'm a woman working in a "man's" field (Engineering).
    I can do anything a man can do, only better. That includes swearing and drinking beer.

On a related note, I confess that sometimes I commandeer my wife's bath pillow & bath salts, turn on the shower radio, and soak in the tub for an hour.

Yes! Baths are totally not gender specific and should be enjoyed by everyone :blush:
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I felt a little less hostile last night after an intense workout. I also got to eat at one of my favorite places AND I bought some new workout clothes so that helped too.

• BlahUnderpants
    BlahUnderpants Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hate sharing food.

I went to a restaurant with a bunch of gym friends, not realizing it was family style. I ordered some tofu and when it arrived, people started eating off the plate. I realized the deal at that point, and ordered another since by the time the plate came to me it was empty. I was annoyed, but whatever.

The second one came and the same thing happened. I excused myself, implying that I was going outside to have a cigarette, went downstairs to the mall food court and ate a veggie burger and fries. When I came back I said nothing and just smiled and ordered a drink like nothing had happened.

So do I. My boyfriend love sharing food and often asks for some of mine. Noo. I don't ask for yours, don't ask for mine.

I hate family style/sharing dinners.
  • ethim
    Options
    DannyRuel wrote: »
    I lied when I first started my Journey on myfitnesspal app and on all my medical forms because I was so fat that the scales couldn't reach the weight I actually was. I knew the exact weight because I work at a hospital and they had a special scale for really obese people. Now that I've lost 80 pounds, I'm feeling really stupid. I was 452 pounds in October. I weighed in today at 372.

That's some serious weightloss, well done!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I hate sharing food.

Tapas restaurants I can handle if I know what it is going in. Family style, I hate!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I get really jealous when other people get delicious food, and I don't. My husband is going out for ribs tonight with a buddy, and I'm scowling about the spaghetti I planned for dinner.

I get irrationally angry at my husband because he goes out to lunch every day and I'm stuck eating leftovers or whatever I have time to throw in my lunch bag.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Oh my God. That poor girl and the total you know what. I'd post her text messages on my Facebook page (or her friends wedding Facebook page since she probably has one) for everyone to see. If that story is true it's awful and I feel so bad for that girl. I never heard of a wedding where the bride buys the dress for the bridesmaids?

I know. I feel terrible for the other 7 girls who the bride is excluding. I feel really bad for the OP, it's like seeing her go from excited to crushed in the course of a short thread.

I never post anywhere else but had to weigh in on that one. No pun intended.

I just did too

Your story was great.

I am starting to wonder though if that girl is making this up. What bride excludes the girl who had done most of the planning from the wedding itself? But maybe I am naive.

Thank you....and just for the record, that was 100% true

I wondered if maybe this was made up too....but some woman can be insane like that.....

Oh I never thought your story was made up! It was inspiring. It's great to have wonderful friends and this is a great story on how to personally be a better friend. That was incredibly thoughtful and I am not sure I would have thought to do it. But will if I ever get married now!

I did not necessarily think you did....I just wanted to make clear that I did not just make that story up to write in that post.....I must go back and read the rest of it now....
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Here we go.... here we go. I can do this essay. I've got this. I have a goal and if I accomplish it I will be buying myself a dress from Boutique 1886 AND a bottle of wine (possibly vodka) for good measure. I feel like crying :(
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    CONFESSION: I ate 3600 calories today... And I haven't exercised one bit... I'm scared it's going to affect my motivation to get back on track...