Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    stuart160 wrote: »
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

Wow! I wish i had you at home with me. I actually like the idea to bring the scale to the store. And i am aiming to soon start premeasuring and vac sealing once a week for easier prep. You, my friend, are my type of compulsive. My goal is to be a little more like that.

Damn!!! You're amazing. You should get a job taking weight loss clients grocery shopping !

Wow, is right I would kill myself if I had to grocery shop with you. How many hours does it take you to shop ?
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    gemm30 wrote: »
    I sweat hideously at the gym, It literally runs off me. I hate it.

Confession
    My ex goes to some of the same classes as me if it's combat I like to stare him out in the mirror and pretend I'm punching him, it gives me great satisfaction and makes me work hard. He also hasn't figured out that I have told most of the people in the class that his a cheating scumbag. Oooooppps me and my mouth.

LMAO... that's great, Second part sucks !
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I had a complete breakdown/tantrum this morning. Got on the scales and I'm back up to 214lbs. It's like I'm on some sort of weight bungee cord. I can't get past 212.9lb and I bounce back up to 214lb. I spend all month getting down to 212.9lb and back up again! So complete breakdown, sat crying on my bed for about 15 minutes, got dressed and went down stairs to get breakfast and saw my swimming stuff on the line outside frozen from the frost in the morning. Completely flipped out. Gym bag went across to room, laundry went flying around the room and I just thought bollo*ks to this I'm going to work grabbed my handbag a left. Arrived at work an hour early, no breakfast, I didn't even brush my teeth. Currently trying to find a local therapist, I don't want to go on the happy pills, but I can't take this much more.

Sorry to hear you're so wound up. I went to see an NHS weight management nurse, who was lovely and helpful when it comes to food choices and exercise, but she really didn't delve into the emotional aspect of it. And I think that's where I also struggle most. Clearly I know brownies are not a good choice for breakfast, yet that didn't stop me today!

Yea, my breakfast never happened. I have a lot of reasons to be unhappy and not many to make it better and the only thing to fix it is patience. But I'm running out of it. :disappointed:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I just killed a spider on my food scale that appeared to climb out from behind the on/off button. I'm now terrified that there are spiders living inside my food scale. I'm seriously thinking of throwing it away and buying a new one, even though it is an expensive one.

ETA: Just so this doesn't seem insanely irrational, I once found a colony of redbacks living in the body of a milkshake maker at work. There's precedent, people!!!

When I was taking the plastic off of my air conditioner the other day, a huge spider crawled out from somewhere in there. I considered pushing the air conditioner out of the wall and letting it smash on the ground. I'm still paranoid to sit on that side of the room.

Here's a spider story for you that a teacher once told me. A woman bought a cactus plant, and a few days later, it started pulsating. She called someone - a friend, maybe, I don't remember - and they told her to get out of the room right away. As soon as she did, there was a popping sound. The cactus had exploded, and there were baby tarantulas everywhere. Most likely, this is an urban legend...but I'm not taking any chances. No cacti for me.

When I was in college I bought a plant at a plant store. About a week after I had it I realized the soil was crawling with centipedes. I called the plant store and they gave me some poison to put in the soil. Thank god I had a bad feeling about doing that and I put a white kitchen garbage bag around the plant. Cause sure enough those prehistoric suckers totally knew they were being killed and came climbing out of the pot trying to escape. They died in the bag. Grossest thing ever. I hate centipedes.

Oh. My. God. I just dry heaved.
  • DannyRuel
    DannyRuel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lied when I first started my Journey on myfitnesspal app and on all my medical forms because I was so fat that the scales couldn't reach the weight I actually was. I knew the exact weight because I work at a hospital and they had a special scale for really obese people. Now that I've lost 80 pounds, I'm feeling really stupid. I was 452 pounds in October. I weighed in today at 372.
  • ellersrb
    ellersrb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When I weigh food out, I just eat whatever is over the allocation. So I'm weighing out a handful of cashews, I only want 30gm of them. Once I've got 30gm on the scales, I shove the rest in my mouth and ignore that I've eaten them...
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't heard back from the interview yet, they said 1 week, they'd know who got it, but I haven't been eliminated yet, so that's good news right?

Must be Good news. Fingers crossedx
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Runngurl43 wrote: »
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Just before my period, I get huge cravings for really bad-for-me food... This week, in 2 days I ate a whole package of Oreos. (But I had them with skim milk! Does that help at all?)
    I really wish menopause would happen soon. (No chance; it's probably at least another 5 years away.) :disappointed:
    The rest of the month, I can take it or leave it. Those few days, no cookie or chip is safe.
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.
    I used to do that all the time, but it was more than 2 spoonsful. :sob:
    It's much too good. Now I don't think I even have any in the house.
    funjen1972 wrote:
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol
    I always change my socks & underwear, but the shorts, bra, & t-shirt get aired out. In the summer I hang them & my towels on the clothesline outside before I even go into the house from the gym.

Actually, the bra gets hand-washed once a week. The shorts & shirt, in the laundry maybe every other week. And I was just given a second pair of shorts that fit, so maybe they'll only go for a week from now on!

Please, Menopause is the worse, you have to watch everything you eat like a hawk.

I don't know, sounds like every day to me, lol. Always have to watch everything I eat... not having the crazy hunger and cravings would be pretty nice, honestly (unless of course it's worse at menopause... then it would really suck).

My confession is I cried a bit too much watching TV last night.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    @Lois_1989 I have been experiencing 'frog jumps' as I call them, staying at the same level for 2-3wks and then jumping 1-2pounds down.
    You will get under your 'magic number' eventually,you'll see!
    I sometimes think about weighing more than once a week to 'not miss' my lighter days but this will drive me mad even more
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I just killed a spider on my food scale that appeared to climb out from behind the on/off button. I'm now terrified that there are spiders living inside my food scale. I'm seriously thinking of throwing it away and buying a new one, even though it is an expensive one.

ETA: Just so this doesn't seem insanely irrational, I once found a colony of redbacks living in the body of a milkshake maker at work. There's precedent, people!!!

When I was taking the plastic off of my air conditioner the other day, a huge spider crawled out from somewhere in there. I considered pushing the air conditioner out of the wall and letting it smash on the ground. I'm still paranoid to sit on that side of the room.

Here's a spider story for you that a teacher once told me. A woman bought a cactus plant, and a few days later, it started pulsating. She called someone - a friend, maybe, I don't remember - and they told her to get out of the room right away. As soon as she did, there was a popping sound. The cactus had exploded, and there were baby tarantulas everywhere. Most likely, this is an urban legend...but I'm not taking any chances. No cacti for me.

When I was in college I bought a plant at a plant store. About a week after I had it I realized the soil was crawling with centipedes. I called the plant store and they gave me some poison to put in the soil. Thank god I had a bad feeling about doing that and I put a white kitchen garbage bag around the plant. Cause sure enough those prehistoric suckers totally knew they were being killed and came climbing out of the pot trying to escape. They died in the bag. Grossest thing ever. I hate centipedes.

I may never sleep again :s
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ellersrb wrote: »
    When I weigh food out, I just eat whatever is over the allocation. So I'm weighing out a handful of cashews, I only want 30gm of them. Once I've got 30gm on the scales, I shove the rest in my mouth and ignore that I've eaten them...

Are you weighing them for a later time? If not, what is the point of weighing them?
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I never really like pop tarts that much. Even with the ice cream, it isn't really appealing to me.
    This, on the other hand, I might be willing to try:
    mmdkdd35mr4i.jpg

And I definitely want some of these:
    ice-cream-sandwich-plate.jpg

OMG! That looks amazing! I have never been a fan of Pop Tarts either!
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    shannonbun wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I have a wonderful teen daughter and a good relationship with her. I am so proud of her and want her to have my support as she choses her path in life. I am concerned that she has an eating disorder. She eats fine all day then comes home and stuffs herself to the point of pain just before I get home from work. They are pretty healthy choices just too much in one sitting. Example, a slice of homemade roast chicken and roasted veggies followed by two bowls of steel cut oats, raisins and walnuts. She had to go to the trouble of cooking the steel cut oats, we don't have instant. That's three meals in 30 minutes. She then complains of pain for the next three hours. She does not throw it up (but she has tried.) She is fit - probably BMI of 19-20.

I made an appointment with her doctor (a very intuitive and good pediatrician who my daughter likes and trusts). My daughter agreed to this but the last few days has been pissy and telling me she does not have a problem (because she didn't eat to the point of pain for one or two days out of many days of eating to the point of pain). Please with my daughter luck / good thoughts as we get to the bottom of this and get her whatever support she needs. Thanks.

As a just-turned-20 year old, I definitely appreciate that you are in-tune to your daughter's potential issues and that you are supportive. If there is something wrong, it'll probably be pretty scary to admit and then receive advice/treatment--for both she and you. Let her know you're there for her 100% no matter what, and that should help alleviate worries. Praying that all will work out!

Awww. Thank you. She is such a wonderful girl. I hope we get good advice and answers. She is a perfectionist and high achiever that I wonder if that is part of it. She's excelling at a very highly ranked high school that she chose to go to, she's looking at colleges, trying to get a national merit scholarship, trying to maximize AP scores in multiple topics and putting all kinds of pressure on herself. She also has an active social life and does not give herself down time. I really appreciate a person far closer to her age than mine giving some perspective. :smile: Thank you.

It's really good that you're noticing what's going on with your daughter! I flat out was telling my parents that I had an eating disorder for months on end, crying every night and emailing them articles about eating disorders during the day trying to get help. I didn't get help till I went to college and came back underweight with a heart problem. Just because your daughter is a healthy weight now doesn't mean she doesn't have a problem. However I hope she is okay, I don't know how long this has been going on so maybe it's just a stress thing? I hope everything works out and you sound like a really great mom.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    lautour wrote: »
    I just don't want to eat healthy and don't know how to get myself to change. Salad feels like a waste of space on my plate and honestly many times I'd rather see that space be empty than filled with non-starchy vegetables. I can and often do happily eat just meat or meat and starch. If I put salad on my plate it's often for show. Even though I'm the only one who sees, still just for show. I dutifully buy vegetables and put them on the plate and throw them away. Either I throw them away because they go bad or I throw them away because I put them on the plate with no desire to eat them.

But give me potatoes, corn, onions, or cabbage and I'll eat them happily. I love the less nutritious vegetables to death.

Today I put spinach in my meatball wrap. But I only did it so it would look good in my food log. It added nothing of value to the wrap and it was only about half a cup (raw! so hardly any).

Whew, I haven't been able to talk about vegetables anywhere and my best friend always comments on my diary that I need to eat more vegetables.

Rather than just having a salad have you considered making like a mixed veggie bake? I'll chunk chop like zucchini, yellow squash, onions, potatoes, and green & yellow peppers into a glass pan and mix it up with some olive oil, black pepper, garlic powder, and Trader Joes sells something called 21 Seasoning Salute and I bake it at like 350 for like 30-45 min (pending on how thick I cut everything). If you want them a little crispy broil it on high for a few minutes at the end and toss some grated parm on top.

Orrr...in the summer make a quinoa salad with diced up tomatoes, cucumbers, tri color peppers, fresh parsley, and red onion. Some fresh lemon or lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil for dressing. So you can get your starch on but have a bunch of veggies masked in.

Life doesn't have to be iceberg lettuce and grape tomatoes lol.

Not judging, I just hate to see veggies get tossed.

Also not judging, because it took me a long time to get to a place where I enjoyed vegetables. You could try any of the things that people do to hide veggies in their kids food - I chop up carrots really small and put them into taco meat. Zucchini has basically no taste and can be hidden in lasagna, pasta, and casseroles. Stuff like that!

Yes! Yes! Another way to add veggies is put spinach in a food processor and then add to things like chili, spaghetti, etc. When it's done cooking you'll never know it's in there! Promise!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 I have been experiencing 'frog jumps' as I call them, staying at the same level for 2-3wks and then jumping 1-2pounds down.
    You will get under your 'magic number' eventually,you'll see!
    I sometimes think about weighing more than once a week to 'not miss' my lighter days but this will drive me mad even more
    Yea, I went from just Tuesdays to Tuesday and Saturday. Tuesday I went up by 0.5lb and I was too impatient to wait for Saturday so I weighed myself today and it went up further 0.6 so 1.1lb.
    I know I shouldn't have, I think I'm burning myself out, I am so tired it's unreal.
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I take random pills, powders, whatever people give me all the time to see how it changes my poop. My current obsession?? BOVINE SPLEEN! A friend gave me the pills and I took them for a week, texting her every day about my poops, and then I finally read the ingredients - which, was bovine spleen. WTF? I donno but I can't wait to ask her to get me another bottle. I also frequent fish oil, omega plex, random cleanses, fiber pills, miralax, metamucil, milk of magnesia, every type of probiotic I can find, flax oils.... I should mention that I've had "pooping issues" since I was a baby.... it sucks, so I figure, mind as well make an interesting sceince experiment out of it! That being said... send me your magic pooping pills people...send them all to me!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    irenehb wrote: »
    I am embarrased when I say that I just bought a bikini and think I look really good in it.
    I am sure you look great in a bikini.
    Wish I did but my backside looks like a shar pei. I suck at activating my glutes and it shows :(

Mine looks like the surface of the moon... I'm way beyond "orange peel". It looks WORSE when I flex the glutes.

Not sure whether to blame genetics or having a sitting job for the past three decades. But I think it's beyond repair at this point.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to catch up yet but I also now crave some pop tarts. :)

I "gained" two pounds today. I don't think I overate that much (I went over one day pretty bad but not enough to gain two pounds). I'm thinking it is water retention from sore muscles from my injury/crutches. It just sucks anyway. I've been losing steadily for about three months and then I get an injury. :(

Hope everyone has a good day/weekend!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    I hate aerobics. I do them when I am alone. But I hate them, especially things like zumba or jazzercise. I feel like an awkward, jiggly chicken trying to fly. It's horrible.

You're not the only one! I have tried, in the past, to take classes at my gym, but end up feeling like everyone is looking at me like I'm an idiot! I'm so uncoordinated!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    DannyRuel wrote: »
    I lied when I first started my Journey on myfitnesspal app and on all my medical forms because I was so fat that the scales couldn't reach the weight I actually was. I knew the exact weight because I work at a hospital and they had a special scale for really obese people. Now that I've lost 80 pounds, I'm feeling really stupid. I was 452 pounds in October. I weighed in today at 372.

Good work! That is awesome!!!