Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BlahUnderpants
    BlahUnderpants Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am embarrased when I say that I just bought a bikini and think I look really good in it.

Don't be embarrassed. Go rock it! All that matters is that you think you look good in it. (You probably look awesome in it.)
  • etheridgetracy1
    etheridgetracy1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I love peanut butter and I'm having a very hard time, ignoring it in my cupboard. I have only touched it once in the past two weeks, but I may have to trash it as well :(
  • ajmoreno24
    ajmoreno24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself after a gym workout, sans clothes. There are still fluctuations but It feels nice to get all the extra fluid out.
    I do this too but I also drink coffee to empty my system and then workout and then weigh myself lol
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I too am a a spanx supporter, lol. I don't know if it really hides much, lol, but it makes me feel better somehow.

Me too, I don't think it hides anything...but seems to keep the jiggle at a minimum. I can hardly do anything without them on!
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I just killed a spider on my food scale that appeared to climb out from behind the on/off button. I'm now terrified that there are spiders living inside my food scale. I'm seriously thinking of throwing it away and buying a new one, even though it is an expensive one.

ETA: Just so this doesn't seem insanely irrational, I once found a colony of redbacks living in the body of a milkshake maker at work. There's precedent, people!!!

*shudder, got the chills too.
    We had redback spiders on the inner handle of our garage door a few years back. It took a whole can of spray before they dropped on the driveway and I managed to squish them. Now I hate going in the garage especially in Spring time.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    mistypile wrote: »
    Confession: I am super happy that one particular person is not posting on here anymore. I love this thread!

She'll be back. I said that last time and *poof* a fight appeared. Shhhhhhh

I feel like I know you people or you can hear my thoughts. Because I know we're referring to the same poster.

I do not know who you guys are talking about......I WANNA KNOW :#
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am embarrased when I say that I just bought a bikini and think I look really good in it.
    I am sure you look great in a bikini.
    Wish I did but my backside looks like a shar pei. I suck at activating my glutes and it shows :(

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    irenehb wrote: »
    I am sure you look great in a bikini.
    Wish I did but my backside looks like a shar pei. I suck at activating my glutes and it shows :(

I confess, that made me giggle. i love Shar-Peis but I know just what you mean!!
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    ReneeSkye wrote: »
    Okay... So, I want to be 100 pounds. I'm currently 176 pounds. I am honestly thinking about becoming anorexic again to gain my dream weight. I don't know what to do, because exercise isn't working for me.

Hey, I'm proud of you for coming out of your eating disorder. Recovery is worth it. I don't know you stats, so I don't know how 176 lbs sits on you, but that's my goal weight. And guess what? I'm positive it looks beautiful on you. Please seek out some help from a parent or a trusted person who can truly help you out, and stay out of triggering websites like this. I love you and you are immensely important, and you are so much more than a number on the scale or on your jeans.
  • xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I saw all the easter chocolate left over at the petrol station today, and I wanted to eat it all.

I hate being accountable to other people.
  • shannonbun
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    My wedding is a month away and I ate mac and cheese, caribbean rum cake, and had four cocktails last night for a friend's birthday, because I apparently don't care how fat my arms look in my damn dress.

I'm scared I'm going to pack on ten pounds before then because I'm a stress eater, and that wasn't a great omen.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! You're gonna be fine from what you ate and I'm sure you'd look a-MAZING no matter what. Maybe ask someone close to you (family, friend, or fiancé) to make sure you're not around foods you can stress eat, or work out something where you go talk/do something with them to relieve the stress?
  • shannonbun
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I have a wonderful teen daughter and a good relationship with her. I am so proud of her and want her to have my support as she choses her path in life. I am concerned that she has an eating disorder. She eats fine all day then comes home and stuffs herself to the point of pain just before I get home from work. They are pretty healthy choices just too much in one sitting. Example, a slice of homemade roast chicken and roasted veggies followed by two bowls of steel cut oats, raisins and walnuts. She had to go to the trouble of cooking the steel cut oats, we don't have instant. That's three meals in 30 minutes. She then complains of pain for the next three hours. She does not throw it up (but she has tried.) She is fit - probably BMI of 19-20.

I made an appointment with her doctor (a very intuitive and good pediatrician who my daughter likes and trusts). My daughter agreed to this but the last few days has been pissy and telling me she does not have a problem (because she didn't eat to the point of pain for one or two days out of many days of eating to the point of pain). Please with my daughter luck / good thoughts as we get to the bottom of this and get her whatever support she needs. Thanks.

As a just-turned-20 year old, I definitely appreciate that you are in-tune to your daughter's potential issues and that you are supportive. If there is something wrong, it'll probably be pretty scary to admit and then receive advice/treatment--for both she and you. Let her know you're there for her 100% no matter what, and that should help alleviate worries. Praying that all will work out!
  • BlahUnderpants
    BlahUnderpants Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hate aerobics. I do them when I am alone. But I hate them, especially things like zumba or jazzercise. I feel like an awkward, jiggly chicken trying to fly. It's horrible.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I have a wonderful teen daughter and a good relationship with her. I am so proud of her and want her to have my support as she choses her path in life. I am concerned that she has an eating disorder. She eats fine all day then comes home and stuffs herself to the point of pain just before I get home from work. They are pretty healthy choices just too much in one sitting. Example, a slice of homemade roast chicken and roasted veggies followed by two bowls of steel cut oats, raisins and walnuts. She had to go to the trouble of cooking the steel cut oats, we don't have instant. That's three meals in 30 minutes. She then complains of pain for the next three hours. She does not throw it up (but she has tried.) She is fit - probably BMI of 19-20.

I made an appointment with her doctor (a very intuitive and good pediatrician who my daughter likes and trusts). My daughter agreed to this but the last few days has been pissy and telling me she does not have a problem (because she didn't eat to the point of pain for one or two days out of many days of eating to the point of pain). Please with my daughter luck / good thoughts as we get to the bottom of this and get her whatever support she needs. Thanks.

As a just-turned-20 year old, I definitely appreciate that you are in-tune to your daughter's potential issues and that you are supportive. If there is something wrong, it'll probably be pretty scary to admit and then receive advice/treatment--for both she and you. Let her know you're there for her 100% no matter what, and that should help alleviate worries. Praying that all will work out!

Awww. Thank you. She is such a wonderful girl. I hope we get good advice and answers. She is a perfectionist and high achiever that I wonder if that is part of it. She's excelling at a very highly ranked high school that she chose to go to, she's looking at colleges, trying to get a national merit scholarship, trying to maximize AP scores in multiple topics and putting all kinds of pressure on herself. She also has an active social life and does not give herself down time. I really appreciate a person far closer to her age than mine giving some perspective. :smile: Thank you.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    SAFCMDO wrote: »
    I can eat 32 jaffa cakes in one go

Jaffa cakes are one of those thy things I want to try someday, just so I get what people are talking about. Our import food section doesn't have them. Only problem is I'd be sick for a few days after.

I want to try them, too. I've seen Digestives and Hobnobs in the import section of a local grocery store. I'm almost afraid to try them because if I like them, I'd probably down 32 of them in one go as well. :)

Just FYI... They're amazingly delicious. Only the McVities ones though, the rest taste like cardboard. And the chocolate covered digestives.... Mmmmmm.
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    What. the hell? Is this real life? LOL That OP is insane.

Oh my gosh. I can't.

What is wrong with her?

Booo It looks like I have missed the action for the day - can't access anymore.... the mind boggles...
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Cache1965 wrote: »
    So I'm trying like hell to lose this fat, and as my hubby is so loving and will I do anything to make me happy,it would make me more happier if he would just stay by my side. when we have dinner I try to make sure that he knows that I'm trying to lose this weight ,and make the right choices, and I need to eat healthy. a lot of stuff that we do eat I try to implement a lot of fresh vegetables, I eat fish, he doesn't and then when it comes down to desert, I say I can have that but only one scoop. I'll sit in my recliner and he'll bring me a bowl and the bowl is just overloaded with ice cream!, I tell him "thats not one scoop"! ,get mad at him and then continue to eat ice cream. I know!,, I know! I need to have more willpower than that! so I need somebody to give me some type of feedback,I know that I shouldn't of eating the ice cream & just put some of the back, but when it comes down to my husband and he does wants to help me,, but he's not helping me,, what should I do?.

Maybe you could try showing him what size serving of ice cream you would like? Or ask him to serve it in a particular sized dish, like a ramekin.

I agree - this is a good idea. Also, as hard as it is, if you eat the full amount he serves you he is not going to take you seriously. Sorry! I'd just get up right away, put back some of the ice cream and show him by example what serving size you want. He'll catch on eventually if you are consistent. Good luck!

I had this problem and a few battles that ended in tears for me. I think the posters above are absolutely right.

I started saying dish it up in a ramekin with a teaspoon = tick. Hubby wanted to please me.

Then I got the food scales, and we leave a notebook beside them and he jots down what weight to roughly aim for for common items and is now wanting the praise for doing good instead of the tears.

Happy wife - stay married right ;)
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    12pm: *me prelogging food for supper* "Ahh yes, this will be healthy, and lovely and in my goal... And prelogging will help ensure I stick to it!"

6:30pm: *delete, delete, delete... Adds three beers in healthy meal's place*

(nominating you for best user name on MFP)

Write a song. A Yacht Rock song.
    Please.
  • Jazzybrass
    Jazzybrass Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am still catching up so my comment is a bit behind. I am a ModCloth addict and spent a lot of money on there. They have an awesome return/refund policy. If you live in Aus and receive a damaged item, they will send out a replacement item and let you keep the faulty one!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Jazzybrass wrote: »
    I am still catching up so my comment is a bit behind. I am a ModCloth addict and spent a lot of money on there. They have an awesome return/refund policy. If you live in Aus and receive a damaged item, they will send out a replacement item and let you keep the faulty one!

Ohhh that's good to know, I see their ads but have never shopped. Thanks!