Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Daughter update
    She is pissed at me. She is pissed at doctor.
    She has lost weight and weighs a little less than she did 2.5 years ago in middle school. Her urine is dilute. I am to toss or hide the scale in the house. I am to toss her full length mirror (It DOES make people look fat - I tried to get rid of it before but she wanted to keep it.) She is getting tested for thyroid, etc to see if there is a physical cause. She is to eat bigger breakfasts and lunches and make sure she has a good protein at lunch time, some spinach leaves do not make a balanced lunch. She is to try to not eat until she feels pain (stop eating before it hurts). I will also take her to a nutricianist to confirm she should be eating 1400-1600 calories a day and that she is getting the right foods. We go back to the doctor in a month. I think she is at a healthy weight - but certainly could gain weight and still be in the healthy weight range. The doctor and I will be in touch. The doctor talked to her about this is a challenging time of life but to try to enjoy it and it is ok if she does not pass all her APs and enter college with basically her freshman year completed already. The doctor suggested she try meditation daily too.

Thank you all.

I'm glad she is at a healthy weight and that you now have a battle plan. I hope her tests turn out okay!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Fried chicken. If someone walked into the room right now with fried chicken, I would KILL them for it.

Eh, no one would convict. Fried chicken is totally worth it.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Oh my God. That poor girl and the total you know what. I'd post her text messages on my Facebook page (or her friends wedding Facebook page since she probably has one) for everyone to see. If that story is true it's awful and I feel so bad for that girl. I never heard of a wedding where the bride buys the dress for the bridesmaids?

I know. I feel terrible for the other 7 girls who the bride is excluding. I feel really bad for the OP, it's like seeing her go from excited to crushed in the course of a short thread.

I never post anywhere else but had to weigh in on that one. No pun intended.

I just did too
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Oh my God. That poor girl and the total you know what. I'd post her text messages on my Facebook page (or her friends wedding Facebook page since she probably has one) for everyone to see. If that story is true it's awful and I feel so bad for that girl. I never heard of a wedding where the bride buys the dress for the bridesmaids?

I know. I feel terrible for the other 7 girls who the bride is excluding. I feel really bad for the OP, it's like seeing her go from excited to crushed in the course of a short thread.

I just did too

Me, too.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Made Strawberry ice-cream....had a little & now don't want anymore. :/ Gave some Cake Batter I had made to the neighbors....so....can't really ask em if they want this batch now. What is my problem? I like to make stuff but I don't want it after its made. ;)

I do this all the time :) I love to bake all sorts of goodies and to decorate cakes (it's been my dream to do it professionally). I give everything to my mom, and she brings it to work with her. All of the employees there love her!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Mpol2 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Feeling great today! Was finally able to fit into pre-prego jeans...two years postpartum, and they are still my "fat jeans", but I digress. I still see it as good progress!

Great work! My son will be 2 in June, and I just hit my pre-pregnancy weight in the last couple of months. Feels amazing, doesn't it?

Great job, both of you. My son will be 25 (yes, 25) in June and I still am not at my pre pregnancy weight.

My oldest kid is nearly 15, I've lost 157lbs and I am still not at my pre-pregnancy weight :open_mouth:

• sst036
    sst036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I knew that eating Icecream last night was going to be a bad idea, but I had no idea it would still be making me feel sick today (nausea and cramps) and make me miss the 100th Dawn Service. But if someone brought me icecream right now? Yeah, I'd eat it.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I just did too

Your story was great.

I am starting to wonder though if that girl is making this up. What bride excludes the girl who had done most of the planning from the wedding itself? But maybe I am naive.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I had originally logged broccoli with my dinner. Got to dinner time and decided I'm not eating it.

My brother's girlfriend bought me a Kit Kat bar so I'm eating that instead. BThey're kind of the same thing.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Stress eating chocolate because it's finals time and I have like 40 things to do in 2 days. If it keeps my sanity, it's worth it.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    Stress eating chocolate because it's finals time and I have like 40 things to do in 2 days. If it keeps my sanity, it's worth it.

Finals suck. I had my last classes today so study time is coming. Don't stress about your consumption of food and good luck on your tests.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I just did too

Your story was great.

I am starting to wonder though if that girl is making this up. What bride excludes the girl who had done most of the planning from the wedding itself? But maybe I am naive.

Thank you....and just for the record, that was 100% true

I wondered if maybe this was made up too....but some woman can be insane like that.....
  • Cemetaire
    Cemetaire Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I actually started my weight loss journey due to a nasty break up with my ex-fiancée. I had the mindset that "I'll show him!!!!" >:) It wasn't until I had lost 40 pounds that I really didn't care anymore what he thought about me. Come to think of it, he still hasn't seen me even once since I started this and I'm 70 pounds down hahahahaha :D

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I slept in over 30 minutes late so my whole routine was off and I was rushed this morning.

Their is a very good chance I forgot to put deodorant on. :(

This made me laugh. Been there before.

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I was on track all day until my intoxicated husband wanted dinner at midnight. Hello donair, see ya later deficit.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Just got told I'm eating at Chuck E Cheese tonight. As a native of New Jersey, I am proficient at Skee-ball. All of the tokens shall be mine!

Being Jersey-born honed my air hockey skills at a young age.

I love air hockey. When we get our basement finished, we're getting one for our game room/bar.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I realized last night I have this issue with feeling guilty if I do well at something. I am doing an agility class with my dog and I was able to pick up the new stuff last night that the other people weren't getting. I felt like one lady in particular was giving me stink eye because she wasn't doing so well (but seriously, who wears flip flops to something they know involves running and direction changes?). The instructor complimented me at the end and it took everything I had to not downplay it.

It kind of sounds like I'm humble bragging, maybe I am, maybe I should just turn it into actual bragging: Me and my dog are doing awesome in agility. Unfortunately I can't seem to allow myself to enjoy it and feel proud of her and I because... well I don't know why.

It's not wrong to feel proud of being good at something, is it?

I think a lot of people, especially women, struggle with this. I know in school, I got excellent grades. I was in the top 2% of my high school graduating class and went to college on a 100% academic scholarship. Most of my friends didn't realize it because I would always pretend like my scores were poor on a test where I may have gotten a 95%. I was embarrassed that some things came so easy to me.

I still downplay my accomplishments to some extent. I've had managers/directors tell me to be more outspoken about what I'm accomplishing, so I'm working on it.

I had this problem when I was younger. In 1st grade I was sent to the 2nd grade class for reading. At that age (for me anyway) that was traumatic! I had no friends, they were all older than me and it singled me out and different. Everyone called me smart and I didn't like that. I struggled. In 2nd grade I was moved to the 3rd grade class and couldn't do it another year, so I acted like I wasn't able to keep up. Looking back that was stupid. Maybe I could have skipped a grade if I'd just stuck with it. Oh well. Live and learn.

I was skipped ahead, not once but twice. The result was that by the time I hit the second year of high school, I was an unpopular 12 year old in a class of 14 year olds, the only crowd that would tolerate me was the out-crowd, and my desperation to fit in made me get into EVERYTHING they were in, as hard as I could. Got into massive conflict with my parents, because I didn't have any friends but the ones 2 years older, but I was 'too young' to do what they did. Cue me becoming a massive delinquent, sneaking out, lying and eventually dropping out of school and moving out of home 2 weeks after my 15th birthday.

I'm successful now, but that took until my 20's. My folks reckon letting me get skipped ahead on the basis of intellect alone was the worst mistake they ever made.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I applied internally for a job today. Totally up my alley but with all the layoffs and reorgs that have happened lately at my company I am second guessing myself. Plus I had to tell my new boss. But a lot of sad stuff has been happening to me recently and I think it's time for a change. With the most recent reorg I kind of feel I got lost in the organization and am now invisible. So figured what the hey. It's done now so no second guessing right??! May not even get an interview who knows.
    believe in yourself and keep us posted :) fingers crossed it goes your way!

• alysme
    alysme Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Gender reveal parties are also awkward for me. I went to one for cousin and his wife last year and I was so bored because a lot of their friends were there and I didn't know anyone. lol Plus, I'm 24 and they're in their 30s with kids and careers, so we had basically nothing in common.

I was so mad when my aunt posted a picture to Facebook of my cousin revealing the pink cupcake for a girl with me in the background at the party looking pissed off. It's like, "You couldn't have cropped me out??" lol I hate that picture so much.

Wait... They're actually a thing?
    Who actually cares (apart from the parents) what gender the baby is until it arrives?

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    This is how it ends for me, lol

My daughter got here late, so I did not get to bed until almost 1am and I was WIDE awake.....I know it took me more than an hour to get to sleep.....and I got up at 5am for work....I will not get home until almost 5pm......it is gonna be a long *kitten* day.....ugh!