Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I had my first Oreo in years last night. I had never had a "flavored" Oreo, only regular/original. The one I had was peanut butter, or maybe Reese's. It was soooo yummy! Now I am trying to keep myself from hunting them down and buying more.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    DannyRuel wrote: »
    I lied when I first started my Journey on myfitnesspal app and on all my medical forms because I was so fat that the scales couldn't reach the weight I actually was. I knew the exact weight because I work at a hospital and they had a special scale for really obese people. Now that I've lost 80 pounds, I'm feeling really stupid. I was 452 pounds in October. I weighed in today at 372.

80 pounds is an awesome achievement, well done you!

@Lois_1989 I love the shade of nail polish in the middle pic... and you have really nice nails (assuming that's your hand).
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I had a complete breakdown/tantrum this morning. Got on the scales and I'm back up to 214lbs. It's like I'm on some sort of weight bungee cord. I can't get past 212.9lb and I bounce back up to 214lb. I spend all month getting down to 212.9lb and back up again! So complete breakdown, sat crying on my bed for about 15 minutes, got dressed and went down stairs to get breakfast and saw my swimming stuff on the line outside frozen from the frost in the morning. Completely flipped out. Gym bag went across to room, laundry went flying around the room and I just thought bollo*ks to this I'm going to work grabbed my handbag a left. Arrived at work an hour early, no breakfast, I didn't even brush my teeth. Currently trying to find a local therapist, I don't want to go on the happy pills, but I can't take this much more.

So sorry you're having a crappy day! The weight thing is so frustrating! You're awesome and you got this!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    What. the hell? Is this real life? LOL That OP is insane.

Oh my gosh. I can't.

What is wrong with her?

I really feel like I missed something special here...

You didn't! It wasn't worth it! Save your brain cells!
  • m_kipp
    m_kipp Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My confession: Sometimes. Late at night. When I am all alone. I pour ketchup on the floor and roll around in it naked screaming, "I'M A FRENCH FRY! I'M A FRENCH FRY!".....you guys do that too, right? :-\
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Stop talking about all this terrible amazing food I can't get over here. I once found S'mores poptarts in an import shop which were amazing, but cost a bomb.

Plus I'm having an eat all the things day, and it's not even close to TOM. Been planning my tea for the past 2 hours and I'm don't finish work for another 3!
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious, what is the purpose of the trash bag?

I sweat like a dog. (lol not literally) I wore them my first time around when I was losing weight.

Water weight with a risk of heat stroke. I'm not trying to be judgmental, but this is a bad idea.

My protein levels suck almost every day.

+1. The sweat is there to cool your body off. let it. I "sweat like a horse ". Literally.
    Dress to evaporate the sweat ,stay cool and try to drink enough water to offset the water/sweat loss.
    Water is filling and almost calorie free (((;

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kipp_it wrote: »
    My confession: Sometimes. Late at night. When I am all alone. I pour ketchup on the floor and roll around in it naked screaming, "I'M A FRENCH FRY! I'M A FRENCH FRY!".....you guys do that too, right? :-\

Totally. Or maybe ranch, but then I scream "I AM PIZZA!" (like Spartacus) :D
  • m_kipp
    m_kipp Posts: 86 Member
    Options

Totally. Or maybe ranch, but then I scream "I AM PIZZA!" (like Spartacus) :D

HA!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @ythannah Why thank you! Yes that is my hand. The nail polish is BarryM, not sure of the shade I'm afraid, I can check it when I get home if you like? I only got it a couple of weeks ago so it should still be in the shops. :smile:
    And the nail varnish covers all the sins :wink:
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I love this thread for food ideas. I just finished my jar of White Chocolate Wonderful which I discovered on here and have my jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams on order. I am definitely going to be buying poptarts but will wait until my surgery/recovery and will definitely be making ice cream sandwich with them as well. As for the poptarts vs. Strudel debate, I like both. Part of me also wants to try the gummy bears with the sugar substitute to get the plumbing moving again despite the warnings the reviewers gave.

I am also craving donuts from the Italian Bakery.... soo good. They also have the best sheet cake. It is the only "store bought" cake I will eat because it is so liquor laden that it squeezes out when you press it with a fork.

Also, the store was out of the battery I needed for my food scale. Not too happy about it.

Edited for autocorrect

Haha I love this. :) Maybe we should both get the gummy bears and write reviews for them later.

This thread makes me hungry.

Also, I love your cat too. So cute! She looks like my cat Lovey. I need to get a picture of her up here sometime (when I'm home).

• ythannah
    Options
    @ythannah Why thank you! Yes that is my hand. The nail polish is BarryM, not sure of the shade I'm afraid, I can check it when I get home if you like? I only got it a couple of weeks ago so it should still be in the shops. :smile:

Please do, if you remember. I've never seen that brand here, not in regular stores anyway... but I am taking a trip to the US in a few weeks!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I went to buy cat food last night and I bought my husband and son a chocolate moon pie. I didn't even realize that they still made them. I haven't had one since I was a kid. Anyway, I ate my husband's on the way home. Lol came in under my calorie goal, but I feel like a jerk for eating his treat.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Please do, if you remember. I've never seen that brand here, not in regular stores anyway... but I am taking a trip to the US in a few weeks!

Where are you from? I'm in the UK. :smile: You can find Barry M in Boots stores
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I had a complete breakdown/tantrum this morning. Got on the scales and I'm back up to 214lbs. It's like I'm on some sort of weight bungee cord. I can't get past 212.9lb and I bounce back up to 214lb. I spend all month getting down to 212.9lb and back up again! So complete breakdown, sat crying on my bed for about 15 minutes, got dressed and went down stairs to get breakfast and saw my swimming stuff on the line outside frozen from the frost in the morning. Completely flipped out. Gym bag went across to room, laundry went flying around the room and I just thought bollo*ks to this I'm going to work grabbed my handbag a left. Arrived at work an hour early, no breakfast, I didn't even brush my teeth. Currently trying to find a local therapist, I don't want to go on the happy pills, but I can't take this much more.

:( I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that you feel better soon.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options

Don't let that get you down! I have been bouncing around the same 3 lbs for the last month. I find I get "stuck" in a range for a while then suddenly drop. Just stick with your eating plan and keep moving and it will eventually come off.

But of course if you think talking to someone will help do it! I just wouldn't freak about bouncing around a certain weight. Sometimes you just have to "wait" it out. Now go brush your teeth! You'll feel better.
    This has been happening since February, it's driving me crackers. I can't even get my hopes up that I will break the boundary anymore.

Yea, I feel really gross. I'm going to have to go buy a toothbrush and paste from the local shop on my break...

I have been bouncing at the same weight since before christmas.... it really sucks and I feel for you...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I hate aerobics. I do them when I am alone. But I hate them, especially things like zumba or jazzercise. I feel like an awkward, jiggly chicken trying to fly. It's horrible.

Been meaning to try the Les Mills Bodycombat class forever because I love the DVDs, but I look at myself in the mirror while doing it and look so ridiculous, I don't think I'm ever going to go.
  • ythannah
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Where are you from? I'm in the UK. :smile: You can find Barry M in Boots stores

Yep, I just googled and realized it's a UK product. I'm in Canada, and we used to have Boots stores here many years ago (and they may still exist in larger cities) but now there is just a limited selection of the Boots line carried in one of our major drugstore chains.

I'm originally from the UK and used to travel there pretty frequently. I've bought tons of products from Boots that became my favourites, that I can no longer get.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Feeling great today! Was finally able to fit into pre-prego jeans...two years postpartum, and they are still my "fat jeans", but I digress. I still see it as good progress!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

:( I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that you feel better soon.

Don't let that get you down! I have been bouncing around the same 3 lbs for the last month. I find I get "stuck" in a range for a while then suddenly drop. Just stick with your eating plan and keep moving and it will eventually come off.

But of course if you think talking to someone will help do it! I just wouldn't freak about bouncing around a certain weight. Sometimes you just have to "wait" it out. Now go brush your teeth! You'll feel better.
    This has been happening since February, it's driving me crackers. I can't even get my hopes up that I will break the boundary anymore.

Yea, I feel really gross. I'm going to have to go buy a toothbrush and paste from the local shop on my break...

I have been bouncing at the same weight since before christmas.... it really sucks and I feel for you...

Ah thank you both. I'm almost at my wits end. I bumped up my exercise routine to 6 days a week this month thinking I WILL get through it, which is probably what caused the explosion in my head. I'm completely wiped out now, pretty much falling asleep at my desk. And I am no use to anyone when I'm tired. Didn't go to the gym today, but I might go for a 30min run when I get home. :sleeping: