The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian It's good that they at least warn you. I know my dogs don't like going to the vet but they've never bitten her or even tried. They do try to hide from her, though. Tessa can get in some pretty tight spaces for a 70 pound dog. Sandi doesn't try as hard. But I think after falling out of the car she knows that vets are there to help and try not to hurt if they can help it.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    ween2414 wrote: »
    so fellow night shifters how do you break down your meals.
    I look at it as waking hours. So I nap before an overnight shift, get up at 9pm, don't eat til like 10 or 11pm, then again at 3-4am, and at 7-9am. i just log it as breakfast, lunch and diner and snacks if applicable. just shift the times

• BodyByBex
    Options

@ween2414 I have mine set up for one, 24-hour period broken into six 4 hour increments.
    12AM-4AM
    4AM-8AM
    8AM-12PM
    12PM-4PM
    4PM-8PM
    8PM-12AM

I log my food in the appropriate time blocks and I typically work out in the mornings after work.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options

I use time frames.
    12a-6a
    6a-12p
    12p-6p
    6p-12a

And a new tab im using is "supplements" since a pre-workout I tried recently has 5 calories and 1 carb per scoop and even daily vitamins sometimes have nutritional values.
  • LacednLace
    Options

I use time frames.
    12a-6a
    6a-12p
    12p-6p
    6p-12a

And a new tab im using is "supplements" since a pre-workout I tried recently has 5 calories and 1 carb per scoop and even daily vitamins sometimes have nutritional values.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I log meals same as lilaclovebird. But I'm having a hard time finding a balance btwn sleep, exercise, and family chores.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    I log like Lilaclovebird also.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @MadDogManor and @sufferlandrian I only log that way NOW because one of you suggested it. So, thank you! It has made logging SO much easier for me. :smiley::drinker:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

@ween2414 I have mine set up for one, 24-hour period broken into six 4 hour increments.
    12AM-4AM
    4AM-8AM
    8AM-12PM
    12PM-4PM
    4PM-8PM
    8PM-12AM

I log my food in the appropriate time blocks and I typically work out in the mornings after work.

This is how I label my meals
    Breakfast
    2nd Breakfast
    Elevenses
    Luncheon
    Afternoon Tea
    Dinner & Supper

I also too work out in the mornings after work.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Buuuuuusy night in the blood bank! I'm not nearly as tired as expected, our soccer game was at 1 PM yesterday so I slept 3 hours, went to soccer, then slept something like 3-4 more. I'm currently training for a half in July so I've been running when I wake up in the evening. When I get home I have to take my kids to school/daycare, then I go to bed, get up and make dinner, go workout

I haven't logged in something like 4 days :( It was lab week and the break room was full of ice cream and chocolate and other various bad for you things. Thankfully it's almost all gone now!
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Right peeps...I am back......

Not sure how to take all the newbies..........is that a good thing....more people to confuse.....or is it a sign that while I am away people flock.......lol........Fk it its my home and I am staying.......;)

Firstly.....why do we not get any drunk women asking to be taken advantage of.......we need more equality in this group going forward......

Been a great Holiday........Been to Portugal, Vilamoura......fantastic spot with the main Algarve Marina 10 minutes from my door....got pissed as a fart my first day.....feel asleep in the sun the second day for 3 hrs.....got burnt to fk.......threw up the next 2 days.........drink stayed down...but not food.....so no harm done.......

Mojito's have Lime and Mint in so I was getting my 5 a day in many times over still......

3sbxwnkzpoow.png

Not my pic....but this is where we were.....the bottom right bar...white roof blue seating...was my local for the week....

slider728 wrote: »
    One of those nights where not a thing seems to be going right at work. I think I'm going to save some calories to have a nice, big rum and coke after work.....
    .......your a keeper in my books pal....any rum drinker is more than welcome in here...night shifter or not.......

welcome all.....I apologise now to anyone I will offend....it will come at some point probably......but you get used to me.....I hope.....lol.....

• LacednLace
    Options
    Welcome back. And no you cant have drunken women asking to be taken advantage of....then it would just be normal society. Besides, we didnt take him up on the offer so far. :wink:

On a legit note......that rum and coke......or ya know if one of ya'll wants to send some crown, jack, so co, or even fire ball whiskey my way for one of my non-work and non-pager duty nights.....that would be stellar.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @fatjon73 The only thing I don't particularly care for is your excessive use of ellipses(.....). Other than that you seem okay.

Just had a BIG storm roll in and then back out. LOTS of alarms going off, power failure in some areas. I'm pretty sure we lost a couple of experiments in lab 4. :disappointed:
  • in_it_to_thin_it
    in_it_to_thin_it Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Rum is the way forward. A nice sailor jerrys or Kraken..... It's 9.20 am here, this may be a thread to avoid 'til later haha
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    @fatjon73 The only thing I don't particularly care for is your excessive use of ellipses(.....). Other than that you seem okay.

:

The use of the ......... comes from this bloody website...its creeped in because of the news feeds...

I post often......cant keep my gob shut...and iI use it to space the news feed...

I need to get a life
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling job burnout! No matter how many days off I take, I am apathetic towards my work. I hate feeling this way
  • RedRockChic
    RedRockChic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ^^ And no girfriend. ^^ Hmmm.. Imagine that.
    <Wistfully petting her kitty>
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @MadDogManor - I hear you! I have been battling that all week. I'm finally starting to come around. I had a couple of very good clients this weekend and that helps a lot. The eleven puppies didn't hurt. :smile: Well, it has been a long weekend shift and I'm going home. Catch you guys next time. :sleeping:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling job burnout! No matter how many days off I take, I am apathetic towards my work. I hate feeling this way

It sucks, I'll agree as well. I have been feeling it, I don't want to even go to work anymore (and I have a lot more time to go!), and it makes for not a pleasant experience for everyone. I get extremely crankty once the first thing goes wrong, and I wasn't always like this, so I know it's part burnout. Other than switching jobs which ain't exactly easy, I'm working on finding a way to fix, and hope you do too.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Thank goodness in my work, burnout can sometimes be resolved by success on a very difficult case. Unfortunately, those are kind of spread out these days.