Self Diagnosed Sugar Addicts Sure Do Lie A Lot

Options
Acg67
Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
Based off observational data, 100% of self proclaimed sugar addicts, who claim they cannot moderate their sugar intake, later admit they can indeed moderate all sorts of sugars and sugary food stuffs. Why is this?

The alternate hypothesis is they are just ignorant and don't actually know what sugar is and just claim they are addicted to it as an excuse as to why they can't meet any of their goals.

Also how come "sugar addicts" always mention cookies, cakes, brownies etc when they also contain a good amount of fat, how did they discern it wasn't the combination of ingredients or the fat, it was the sugar?

Please discuss

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    This should be calm.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    In

giphy-facebook_s.jpg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    This should be calm.

Heh. Almost certainly. How could it not be?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Mmm...sugar. Also, in for gifs.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    This should be calm.

Heh. Almost certainly. How could it not be?

Almost? Do I detect a hint of potential disagreement? You must be a troll.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I have no dog in this fight. I like sugar, and when I want it, I eat it. If I go over, I don't freak out. And I don't Use any kinda sugar substitute(unless I drink a diet coke), because stevia, truvia etc is disgusting.

During my profession, i've seen alcoholics who "can't stop drinking" turn sober.

Anyone who thinks they can't make a change, WON'T, and it makes me wonder why they're even on this site.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Well, you wouldn't blame the delicious roast potatoes cooked in goose fat would you?! Those suckers are like puppy dog eyes.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    This should be good. :D
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Based off observational data, 100% of self proclaimed sugar addicts, who claim they cannot moderate their sugar intake, later admit they can indeed moderate all sorts of sugars and sugary food stuffs. Why is this?

The alternate hypothesis is they are just ignorant and don't actually know what sugar is and just claim they are addicted to it as an excuse as to why they can't meet any of their goals.

Also how come "sugar addicts" always mention cookies, cakes, brownies etc when they also contain a good amount of fat, how did they discern it wasn't the combination of ingredients or the fat, it was the sugar?

Please discuss

Probably because they crave the sweet taste, not the fat. Have you ever heard anybody say "wow, can't wait to taste the Crisco in those cookies"? Probably not. But you likely have heard somebody say something to the effect of liking the sweet frosting or filling in a cupcake.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Please discuss

Probably because they crave the sweet taste, not the fat. Have you ever heard anybody say "wow, can't wait to taste the Crisco in those cookies"? Probably not. But you likely have heard somebody say something to the effect of liking the sweet frosting or filling in a cupcake.

True, but I don't know too many people downing sugar by the spoonful. So there's more to it than JUST sweetness

Maybe it's the combination of the sweetness AND the fats (note that both frosting & cupcake filling also have fat).
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I used to say I was addicted to sugar. Now I know I have the ability to regulate my macros and eat sweets in moderation like anything else. I, personally, used it as an excuse because I had no self control.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Please discuss

Except they blame not being able to moderate those products, not because they taste sweet but because they contain sugar
  • hollyrayburn
    Options

Please discuss

mmmm crisco! *gag*

As a kid, mom's in this kitchen baking, and I'd dip my finger in the crisco and lick, thinking it was frosting.

Or, my finger in the flour, thinking it was powdered sugar. Blech.
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I will, however say that currently, I am addicted to caffeine. You know what that's like trying to cut back. Withdrawal.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Is anyone willing to share their popcorn with me?
  • hollyrayburn
    Options

Please discuss

Except they blame not being able to moderate those products, not because they taste sweet but because they contain sugar

I don't blame any one componont for overindulging in something. I suppose I am "addicted" to cream, sugar, vanila, because I do love me some ice cream.

I call BS on any food "addiction"
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You just reminded me I have half a pint of Ben & Jerry's Half Baked in the freezer at home. Now Monday will seem even longer and more painful.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

Please discuss

I haven't read about a sugar addict who couldn't control fruit consumption. Isn't the banana called "nature's cupcake", or some BS like that?
This discussion has been closed.