Sugar free detox

Options

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day of sugar detox, if u will. I'm dropping my coffee, which I add tons of sugar and lite cream. AND I'm dumping all diet sodas.

If you're truly "detoxing " from sugars, avoid fruits and vegetables ... then find a way to eliminate the sugars your body creates on its own ... otherwise it isn't a detox.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    why did he edit to bold that? lol

For emphasis, preferable to the alternative ALL CAPS choice ;)

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

If someone wants to quit added sugar for a while, they should. Might help. My guess is that if your deal is being unable to stop eating cookies that cutting out salad dressing or ketchup or Roman Meal bread or whatever probably won't matter--but whatever floats your boat. Katie Couric's dishonesty with respect to the tomato sauce argument just annoys me every time I think about it (although I'm all for cutting out jarred marinara, as I'm a marinara snob myself).

I'm a marinara snob too, and I have to say... Bea's Brooklyn Best is pretty dang good. I haven't had the marinara, but the Roasted Garlic and the Tomato Basil are both tasty.

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    YES PAGE 7
  • brianpperkins
    Options

I was hoping he'd edit to add something logical.
  • girlviernes
    Options

Do you engage in wishful thinking often?
  • brianpperkins
    Options

Do you engage in wishful thinking often?

It was a hope ... not an expectation.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day of sugar detox, if u will. I'm dropping my coffee, which I add tons of sugar and lite cream. AND I'm dumping all diet sodas.

If you're truly "detoxing " from sugars, avoid fruits and vegetables ... then find a way to eliminate the sugars your body creates on its own ... otherwise it isn't a detox.

We have Katie Couric to thank for calling it a "detox".
  • buffbuffbuffbuff
    buffbuffbuffbuff Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The myfitnesspal community is so cool! Everyone here is an expert and they know so much and they're SO nice!
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »

I have never, ever liked her. And now this is all her fault? Great, just great.

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

61671569.jpg

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    The myfitnesspal community is so cool! Everyone here is an expert and they know so much and they're SO nice!

You're welcome.
  • girlviernes
    Options

Thanks! :blush:
  • Reg4502
    Reg4502 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have tried this and it does work but eventually you have to bring sugar back into your life. I just think anything in moderation works best.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

You forgot to include "stunningly attractive."
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

I know! I love it here, the people are great and I have learned a ton! :bigsmile:
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

61671569.jpg

I love you for Couric'ing Barrowman.

• PeachyCarol
    Options

Why yes, yes we are.

• kaycam43
    kaycam43 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fruits are my source of sugar these days. I've cut out chocolates and sweets and now I just take one spoon of brown sugar or unprocessed honey in my tea and eat a few grapes and an apple or banana everyday and that does it for me.