The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    LacednLace wrote: »
    Welcome back. And no you cant have drunken women asking to be taken advantage of....then it would just be normal society. Besides, we didnt take him up on the offer so far. :wink:

On a legit note......that rum and coke......or ya know if one of ya'll wants to send some crown, jack, so co, or even fire ball whiskey my way for one of my non-work and non-pager duty nights.....that would be stellar.
    Mmmmmmm whiskey
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    How about Muscle Milk? I'm loopy enough without alcohol. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I wish I could post the X-Rays for this dog. The owner says he never eats anything but it looks like he ate the whole dead dear off the side of the road. There are bone fragments EVERYWHERE! I think I can get them to pass.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Eww. One of our beagles hunts and eats voles from the backyard. I cannot stop him, even on his leash he's too quick.
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    I'm feeling job burnout! No matter how many days off I take, I am apathetic towards my work. I hate feeling this way

It sucks, I'll agree as well. I have been feeling it, I don't want to even go to work anymore (and I have a lot more time to go!), and it makes for not a pleasant experience for everyone. I get extremely crankty once the first thing goes wrong, and I wasn't always like this, so I know it's part burnout. Other than switching jobs which ain't exactly easy, I'm working on finding a way to fix, and hope you do too.

There may be a move to another part of the country in our future. But I cannot stomach the thought of finding another job in another laboratory, doing the exact same shite over and over again, without any recognition or thanks whatsoever.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    I'm feeling job burnout! No matter how many days off I take, I am apathetic towards my work. I hate feeling this way

It sucks, I'll agree as well. I have been feeling it, I don't want to even go to work anymore (and I have a lot more time to go!), and it makes for not a pleasant experience for everyone. I get extremely crankty once the first thing goes wrong, and I wasn't always like this, so I know it's part burnout. Other than switching jobs which ain't exactly easy, I'm working on finding a way to fix, and hope you do too.

There may be a move to another part of the country in our future. But I cannot stomach the thought of finding another job in another laboratory, doing the exact same shite over and over again, without any recognition or thanks whatsoever.

What about going back to school?
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian that sounds like a fun night!
  • javimendoza
    javimendoza Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    hello everyone.... my shift has begin... all night until 6 am...
    my best wishes for all throug this journey...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I get two days off after this shift! TWO WHOLE DAYS! *dances*

When I get home I am going to go shopping with my dad and then PASS OUT!
    Weather has been wonky here lately. Cold, wet, rainy. Not at ALL like the normal Texas I know...
  • Imback257
    Imback257 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Night shift checking in. Just got here. Work the next two nights but off 6 days after that. Yay. .anyway, I'm bored. Message me..I don't bite, promise. Just chat to pass the time
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @Imback257 6 DAYS?! I'm jealous. :grumble:
    Actually, I don't think I would know what to do with myself with 6 days off. Anymore than 2 and I get anxious.
  • Imback257
    Imback257 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @Imback257 6 DAYS?! I'm jealous. :grumble:
    Actually, I don't think I would know what to do with myself with 6 days off. Anymore than 2 and I get anxious.

Trust me, I know how you feel. First time I've had more then 2 days off in years..I done what I'll do with myself but I won't mind figuring it out. Lol. @lilaclovebird
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    Imback257 - I'm so jealous, 6 days off sounds awesome! Have fun finding stuff to do lol.

suffer - I've thought about going back to school. Advancement in medical laboratory science above a bachelors is practically a joke and not necessary at all to do the work. Unless I went into administration, which makes me gag just to think about. Maybe PA, due to my many years of Navy Corpsman experience and subsequent education and training. But again, the thought of ANY patient contact makes me want to gag. I think I need a completely new career!! The hunt continues....
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @MadDogManor What do you do exactly?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    So...yesterday was my 'rest day'. WOOO! But eating like it was a rest day was a problem.

When I got home, I ate everything. The cheese, the tortillas, hot dogs, chili, MORE cheese. Then I became SO ITCHY because I'm not supposed to eat the cheese... I feel horrible and I can't wait to go home and workout. :cry:
  • javimendoza
    javimendoza Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    just have dinner..... shredded cheese.... ham and one arepa... and in the office there is a cake.... omg need to workout too.
  • MadDogManor
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Oh, I'm so sorry you can't eat cheese! That is one food that I can't keep stocked quick enough at MadDogManor!!

I am a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), and I work in a 300-bed hospital laboratory, as a "generalist": hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, coagulation, serology/microbiology, and blood bank. I process and analyze human bodily fluids and tissues, as well as maintain, troubleshoot and QC the analyzers used to test the sample (among other administrative and phone call duties, too). One lab I worked at a few years ago processed dog samples for pre-transfusion purposes, too.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @MadDogManor Woah....nice resume. I know the facility I work at for MD Anderson appreciates their employees but the only lab stuff we do is typically Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM. Unless one of the Chimps kills a possum/racoon/stray cat. Then we have someone do a necropsy of the dead animal to make sure it has no diseases to affect the Chimp.

I hate that I can't have cheese. I LOVE cheese. I'm not sure if I can have non-cow cheeses yet. But I was told to generally avoid dairy if I don't like being itchy.
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    LOL - you asked what do I do exactly haha
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    LOL - you asked what do I do exactly haha
    Yup... I totally asked for it.

So, I hear we have some 911 dispatchers...I would guess none of them work in Balitmore, MD because they would be WAY too busy to comment/be on this thread.