The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    At my old lab we used to do alpacas, horses, and the occasional cow. Just the blood obviously, we didn't get to see them or anything. I always liked looking at the smears.

I am tiiiiiiired tonight. This was my last night off, I have the next 6 off. I'm helping a friend move today and gearing up for my daughter's birthday party this weekend. Woop
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Oh goodness. Get better soon. Remember to keep logging and check in with us!

@WildCatMom82 We have sheep, geese, chickens and occasionally pigs here are our labs. And of course chimps, rhesus macaques, squirrel monkeys and owl monkeys....
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    Not good Sufferman......

#I have had a bad back for years now....so I know your pain....

For me recently I have been doing a stretch / low impact strength lower back exercises from Youtube.......by Hasfit

I will find you the link if your interested.....they have helped me a lot....especially the stretching.....

Heel soon bro....

Definitely! Shoot me the link. I'd be grateful. :smile:
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Definitely! Shoot me the link. I'd be grateful. :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6CMso14NWk

This one is stretch for first 10 mins....then some strength for last 10.....I just started with the stretches....got me loose......that helped most....makes my back ache less most of day....and allowed me to get on my treadmill more.....I had lower back problems for yrs.....

Got a few good ones.....fitnessblender do a few too....but not for back pain...just workouts.....

good luck...
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I really want to go up the street and get a milkshake and fries and have at it. Why not?
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I really want to go up the street and get a milkshake and fries and have at it. Why not?

We have a cookout right up the road thats open......its tempting. I like ill go freeze my strawberry yogurt a litte and use that to cure the crave
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    We have a Sonic in town and a Cookout a town over. I resisted and got some gummy fruit slices, only slightly better than a milkshake lol.
  • LacednLace
    Options
    We have a Sonic in town and a Cookout a town over. I resisted and got some gummy fruit slices, only slightly better than a milkshake lol.

Still sounds yummy. I could tear through some chocolate right now. Work has me beyond frustrated and my patience level is almost non existent. Thankfully I get off 2hrs earlier than shift tonight. Here's praying the next 5hrs go by as smoothly and quickly as yesterday did.
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    TGIF!!! 6 hours until I get out.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I'm trying desperately not to stare at the clock which is counting down to my weekend off!! Just have to make sure I eat better on my weekends off or at least track better. I kinda slack off.
  • LacednLace
    Options
    I'm trying desperately not to stare at the clock which is counting down to my weekend off!! Just have to make sure I eat better on my weekends off or at least track better. I kinda slack off.

Amen. You can do it though!!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am checking in as I can! Been going to bed early the last few nights as I had to be up early! *GASP* I wasn't sleeping a lot of it but I am happy with the rest I got! I DO NOT sleep early!

@sufferlandrian have you seen a chiropractor? I go every other week (my preference) and I feel amazing after! If you have a good one they can do amazing things with trouble spots...for example when I started I had a permanent knot in my right lower back, nothing helped it! Now it is gone and fine with regular visits. I have had trouble with my arms and wrists from the work I do and those are more than manageable with regular visits (no pain anymore as long as I don't go too long without adjustments). I have had my ankles, feet, knees, wrists, and every other joint treated at one point or another and it helps me so much! Just today my chiro's husband treated me (she is on light duty she is overdue pregnant) and he did such wonderful things to my arm that was bothering me! It is great now!
  • cindytw
    Options
    Sad that I am not on nights persay and I am the only one replying right now!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I'm super busy tonight, like most nights.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »

Yes you sad lonely woman Cind......;)........also TMI info about going to bed early and NOT SLEEPING.........lol......I have just finished for the weekend.....its a long one too as we have a Bank Holiday on Monday.....so we are shut.....:)

Fri 6am finish....tue 9pm start.....ahhhhhhhhh

Enjoy your weekend all working or not........
  • LacednLace
    Options

That being said, those of us working on nights are probably....well working/busy.... :wink: and replying whenever we get a moment between tasks.
  • cindytw
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »

Yes you sad lonely woman Cind......;)........also TMI info about going to bed early and NOT SLEEPING.........lol......I have just finished for the weekend.....its a long one too as we have a Bank Holiday on Monday.....so we are shut.....:)

Fri 6am finish....tue 9pm start.....ahhhhhhhhh

Enjoy your weekend all working or not........

You know what, you and I can resolve this in private message but really??
  • cindytw
    Options
    LacednLace wrote: »

That being said, those of us working on nights are probably....well working/busy.... :wink: and replying whenever we get a moment between tasks.

True but when I WAS on full nights t was a lot more active
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    Back at work. The PT was great! Showed me what I was doing wrong and how to fix it. I'm recovering faster than I thought I would. Still being careful not to rush it but it's amazing how what we learned in our youth turns out to be so bad for our joints.
  • LacednLace
    Options
    LacednLace wrote: »

True but when I WAS on full nights t was a lot more active

Well sweetheart not all of us are allotted that opportunity with our careers. Sorry to disappoint.