From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Replies

• Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Great job!
  • jamie_lee80
    jamie_lee80 Posts: 176 Member
    You look incredible!!! I just started adding strength to all of my cardio and now I am super happy that I did! Thank you for some added motivation!!
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    You worked very hard and it shows! LOVE seeing these awesome success stories. Strengthened not only your body but your confidence and longevity is outta the park!
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    You look phenomenal! So much hard work put in. Bravo!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    You're amazing and look incredible!! The hard work shows :)
  • spunkypug100
    spunkypug100 Posts: 20 Member
    rayw89 wrote: »
    You are the image of health! You didn't just get thin, you got FIT. You look awesome!

This!! You look awesome, way to go!
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    You're and inspiration, I'm going to keep a lookout for some used weights. You look great!
  • chantalie2015
    chantalie2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Wow u look great. U are such an inspiration. :)
  • jharris1378
    jharris1378 Posts: 88 Member
    Hello MFPers!

I am 33 years old and 5'3". I started this difficult journey in Jan of 2014 at 205lbs and I had JUST hit a size 20!!! In Dec 2014, I got down to a size 8 and around 135lbs! I feel great and am loving who I am becoming now! I'm learning a TON and meeting a lot of great people in the process.

I came across MFP in June of last year. I have kept a moderate calorie deficit pretty consistently (500 or so each day), with my carbs and protein around 100g each while lifting weights regularly (in my home with my own collected equipment), 5-6 times/week. I didn't do much cardio, as I don't enjoy it. I do run on occasion though. I feel empowered now and I absolutely LOVE strength training! Planning to take new progress pics at the end of June so I'm looking forward to that. :)

Here is my story so far on realbodiesrealresults.com. Feel free to check it out! :blush:
    realbodiesrealresults.com/gen.html

Best wishes to you all, anything is possible if you don't give up! :heart:

fdfm4zk13syy.jpg

ofn9eb5b3li7.jpg

3thg10dkzn4h.jpg

mcs7xhgcpcti.jpg

jrkoda9hxmgh.png
    dum6683wmsay.jpg
    Wow!! You look amazing. Great job

• GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    edited May 2015
    You look incredible!!! I just started adding strength to all of my cardio and now I am super happy that I did! Thank you for some added motivation!!

That's awesome! You will love it!!

Thanks everyone. :heart: :blush:
  • estherlion
    estherlion Posts: 86 Member
    Wow! You look beautiful! Can you share how many calories you eat and did you notice a metabolism boost (where you can eat more calories) once you hit the weights?
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Omg. You look stunning! Very inspiring!!!
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    I'd like to add my "Great job, you look amazing", comment! :) This is what I have been wanting to do. I have been working out at a health club and the routine the trainer put me on was mainly "weight machines". I have lost 32 lbs, but now I feel strong enough to move on to "free weights". I'm not as young as all of you, but you have given me even more motivation to do this. I will be seeing my trainer next Wednesday for a whole new routine. Thanks for your posting. You are such a beautiful young woman and very inspiring! :)
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    edited May 2015
    Thank you pammeycakes55! ^^ I am excited for you and your new work out, it's an awesome feeling to know we are indeed progressing. Good job! :blush:
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Wow you like look great! Doesn't even look like the same person
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Holy Mother of Pearl! That's the body I imagine for myself! I have similar starting stats and am starting my 5th month of deficit and almost my 3rd of heavy lifting. I hope I look like you by the end of the year!

@Pammeycakes55 I'm 45 and tried heavy lifting for the first time, ever, this past Feb. It has changed both my mental outlook and my physical appearance for the better. You won't regret taking the plunge.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Wow, you look amazing! I went from a 24 to an 8 and look nothing like that. I really need to work out!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Thanks a million everyone, it's hard work but it's worth it!

Here is a very humble photo of what I use in my home, right where I use it, for those asking what my set up looks like. I have a nice, big window, my milk crate, a basic bench and some free weights! Just start picking up heavy stuff and do it consistently! :blush:

n3g8yz2l0s3d.jpg

estherlion wrote: »
    Wow! You look beautiful! Can you share how many calories you eat and did you notice a metabolism boost (where you can eat more calories) once you hit the weights?

From Jan to Dec 2014, I was between 1200-1300 cals per day. Being a stay at home mom, with my daughter in grade school, I tend to be very sedentary and I am also short so I do not do well with a high calorie diet or a high amount of carbs (stayed around 100-120g carbs per day). If I worked full time or were on my feet all day, I would've required more calories but that wasn't my case. My energy levels were fine also, as I focused on the quality of my calories, making sure to get in at least 100g protein and 25g fiber per day, as well as important vitamins and nutrients.

However, after having lost most of the weight in Dec, I started my first gym membership and started eating more... Too much more, lol! I was up to around 1800 cals/day and I was gaining body fat, even though I was still lifting and working out. It was just too many cals for me, living a mostly sedentary lifestyle.

I am currently working on losing what I gained over the first few months of the year. I am currently eating 1300-1400 cals per day and lifting 5-6 days a week still... I live sore but I love it. :wink:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh....you're a SUPERSTAR, period. Mega W <3 W---mere words can't quite describe how inspirational, encouraging and fabulous you and your post are to me.

P.S. WWWWWWWWWWW <3 WWWWWWWWWW

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!