Stuff Fat People Do

Options

Replies

• littlecompton
    Options
    LOVED "stopping to enjoy the scenery while catching breath"! I often tell my very in-shape husband that he is rushing by everything, when the truth is, I just can't keep up with him.

**I've strategically timed getting up from chair/couch until people leave the room so they won't see me struggle and hear me grunt.
    **There has never been a shirt made that I feel is long enough to cover both my 25 months pregnant belly and the continental shelf that resides above my butt.
    **Avoid malls because I'm always panting and sweating by the time I get to the store I came for.
    **Go for walks after dark so my neighbors don't see me waddle by.
    **Use non-butter spray on popcorn so I can then eat 15lbs of it.

Thanks to all of you for your honesty. I had no idea other people were obsessively pulling at their clothes like me. Or the one who fell down the stairs and STILL put pulled their shirt down FIRST before checking to see what was broken. Or stopping to pretend to drink at a water fountain...

You guys/girls are great. With humor and honesty we can accomplish so much.
  • swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I was a food hider, first class - M&Ms are my particular poison. I'd eat them in my car, hiding them in my glove box, being careful to throw the wrappers away before anyone saw them. I'd also have a secret stash in the house, usually hiding in the veggie crisper (where my family would never go! :laugh: ) to eat when everyone else went to bed.

I ride horses, but for the longest time I was too heavy to pull myself into the saddle, so I would tell people that I have an old hip injury so they wouldn't question why I always needed something to stand on to get into the saddle. I would even tell this to people who knew better, like, my inlaws. :blushing: Everyone was kind enough to not question it or make it publicly known that I was full of horse poop!
  • ladybug2020
    ladybug2020 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I do the shirt strech thing especially when first out of washer and then let air dry so it doesnt shrink back up.

Always fixing waist band on pants cause it rolls over when I sit.:grumble:

Of course, eating more than I would admit too and buying junk food, eating all of it, then throwing out the evidence (and of course act as though I'm buying it to share) :blushing:
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    2 words...... BATHTUB DAM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

God, I am so not alone.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I'm a pear shape so my jeans issues were a little different.

When I would buy a pair that fit in the hips and thighs, the waist would gape open so much that you could look straight down and see MOST of my underwear. If I tried to belt them up, the waist would be all rumpled up and could NEVER be hidden under a top.
    For a number of years I avoided jeans completely in favor of pants with a drawstring waist (even elastic waists were too large).
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    Wearing pantihose and having the waist instantly roll down over your stomach and butt to the top of your thighs. Just TRY to adjust your way out of that one in public.

And just as bad, having the elastic in the support hose start snapping loose on your inner thighs from the friction.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Wearing pantihose and having the waist instantly roll down over your stomach and butt to the top of your thighs. Just TRY to adjust your way out of that one in public.

Low rise non-control top pantyhose, for the win.

Even now that I'm near goal weight, I still HATE standard pantyhose because they still roll down and annoy me. The low-rise ones are awesome.
  • Nanconet
    Nanconet Posts: 35
    Options
    When I gained weight i decided that if I bought bigger jeans I will never put in an effort to lose weight...so I walk around wearing long shirts, tank tops or sweaters to hide the fact that my jeans are not buttoned up and are being held up by a belt!!!!

I also wrap hoodies around my waist to hide the belly bulge I got drinking a little too much beer :)

Oh gosh!!!!!
  • zojo78
    zojo78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Haha awesome. Very similar to my jeans-stretching: Put on jeans, then do some squats and lunges to loosen them up. Though I haven't had to do that in a while!! :D Something must be working, hahah.

I do this!!! LOL :0)
  • 000angie000
    000angie000 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oh my. Guilty of all of this!!!
    I would also run errands just so I could go through the drive through and binge. I would order enough for one person then hide the trash and go to a different fast food place... Awful! I would drive around town and eat til i thought i would die, throw away all the wrappers and go home like nothing happened!

(And thank God for baby powder.)

The thing that is worse than fat slapping sounds when you are exercising is fat slapping sounds when you are being intimate!!! Embarrassing!!!!!

So glad I am shedding that person!!!!
  • canadian_cristal
    canadian_cristal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i did this too, i would order a big mac meal, large fries, lots of sauces, 6 pieces of nuggets, a hamburger and tar tar sauce ont eh side mcdonalds, then pretend to read my cell phone in front of the cashier and say ... "oh i forgot, my boyfriend also wanted a mcflurry and 2 apple pies".... when really he's at work and i'm eating it all to myself.
  • SpclLady
    SpclLady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options

The thing that is worse than fat slapping sounds when you are exercising is fat slapping sounds when you are being intimate!!! Embarrassing!!!!!

I was just thinking, God I hope I've lost enough on by my honeymoon that I no longer have to worry about my gut slapping aginst his! LOL
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    What about buying a bunch of whatever you are craving at the moment.......eat it all in the car.......find a garbage can to throw away the garbage so nobody knows what you did???? Now, I know I am not the only one who has done this! :frown:

Yup. Buy it at one place, stop at a gas station on the way home (or other convenient hiding place!) so no one in the family knows what you did.
  • SpclLady
    SpclLady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hate when you do the squat pant stretch thingie, and then you do the pant waist pull thingie. And you do it soo much that your button falls off. =[

Anyone ever have pants too small where you couldn't even button them? So you just unzip em, and fold in the flaps and wear a big shirt?? LOL

Now I really thought I was the only one to every think of the unzip and tuck pant thing! Smh.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Ahahahahah! It's SO hard to enjoy yourself after hearing that slapping noise! :laugh:
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing about the jeans stretches. Now I'm wondering if we should log those as exercise, then eat the calories back? LOl

I LIKE THIS HAHAHAHHA
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options

You mean they aren't SUPPOSED to roll down? Because that's what I just told myself every time they did...I tried to convince myself my fat rolls should actually help them stay UP, because on a thinner person they wouldn't have the rolls to wrap the pantyhose around, so it must just be the pantyhose that's bad.
  • bexxw
    bexxw Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I actually go the other way and get them too big and pull them way up so the tuck under my bra (or safety pin them to it).. thus avoiding that spot where they dig in and double my love handles..
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    When I had pizza delivered I would order an extra large, and 2 or 3 sides, when the pizza arrived I'd often shout "It's here" up the stairs as if there was someone else in the house :(

'scattergun' clothes, I have actually bought 3 pairs of combats, or whatever I was wearing, hoping that one would fit. Often they wouldn't like some others here I have a weird shape, my thighs are the size of a small country.

Become seriously overjoyed at finding something 'off the shelf' that fit me.

But supplies of snacks for the week, and then stuff them all down in a day.
    Similar buy a weeks worth of diet coke/pepsi max, it would be gone in 2 days.

Bought 2xl's from the US, so I wouldn't have to buy 3xl's in the UK :D

Settled for clothing I don't like because it fit.

Any way you can think of stretching stuff, I did, that includes lying in a bathtub with a soccer shirt on trying to get it to stretch a bit to fit me....

Seriously, I'm ashamed of a lot of the stuff I used to do but glad to say that right now, at this moment, I no longer do any of that.