The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Back at work. The PT was great! Showed me what I was doing wrong and how to fix it. I'm recovering faster than I thought I would. Still being careful not to rush it but it's amazing how what we learned in our youth turns out to be so bad for our joints.

That's awesome. Cheers to a speedy (and most importantly safe) recovery!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I just complained to my partner that my butt hurts from sitting too much lmao! Just over 90mins to go on my end, I just wish the rain would stop, I hate driving home in the dark and the rain. Blah
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    That is one advantage of working nights. I'm usually driving the opposite direction from most of the traffic.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    And to my fellow working night shifters, what time do you stop eating in relation to when your shift is over? I'm usually out the door between 530 and 540. I try not to eat after about 3am.

But I wonder if part of my issue with sleeping during the day is the fact that I wake up bc my stomach is growling. Any thoughts?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm out the door at 8 AM and I stop eating ....... Wait, I don't stop. I eat again before biking and again after but I make sure it's low carb high protein before bed. Then I'm up a few hours later and we start it all again.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    And to my fellow working night shifters, what time do you stop eating in relation to when your shift is over? I'm usually out the door between 530 and 540. I try not to eat after about 3am.

But I wonder if part of my issue with sleeping during the day is the fact that I wake up bc my stomach is growling. Any thoughts?

It varies for me. Depending on how much I've been munching vs eating solid and if i'm hungry or not. I get off around 7am and try not to eat past 5:30ish if its something solid and im not going for a workout or trying to sleep the moment I get home (usually never happens sleep wise). Otherwise i'll eat something around 6:00-6:30 if I'm going to workout.

If you're waking up because your stomach is growling maybe eat something small around 5? See how that experiment works.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

I stop 2 hrs before going to bed or before a planned work out. I find I get sick if I go work out right after eating and I find I need to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of my sleep if I go to bed right after eating. I found if I stop 2 hrs before my bed time, I avoid that.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I pretty much stop at two hours before bed as well, no matter when I get off. Sometimes I may have a little fruit as late as half an hour before bed, but it's a little bit.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That's it for me guys. I'll catch up with you tomorrow. :smile:
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options

I shoot for 3 or so also. "An empty belly at night is a flat one in the morning".

• fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

For me night routine really helps to cut back on eating.....I work 9pm to 6am.....I sleep from 11 am to 5pm.....my day consists of getting up having a coffee.....then I hit the treadmill.....do my 30 mins then I eat at around 7pm, usually a full meal, not massive but a good size meal. I am ready for one by then.....I then take fruit for elevenses at work.....I then eat a full meal again usually from the works canteen at 1 am......I do not eat again then till the 7pm meal....I am not hungry at all when I get home in a morning....I just have a coffee or 2 and that it.......rarely if hungry maybe a slice or 2 of toast.......

Now if I work days......I start at 6am.....breakfast in the canteen at 8am.....then I eat dinner at 1pm at work again.......then a meal for tea at 6pm at home......then maybe a snack / biccy at supper time at 10pm..........

I am hungry at these times when working days.....but at nights I just don't need to eat....so I don't.........

Weekends at home are bad too...similar to days....3 or 4 meals a day.....or save one and have a take away at night.......this is my biggest habit to break / get under control....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    OK, another reason to spay your pet. I'm about to go into a $1500 dollar surgery to removed an infected uterus when a spay costs less than 300 bucks.
  • NursesRock7890
    NursesRock7890 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello all
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Good evening! Welcome to the dark side. The others should be along soon. I'm off to surgery and then I'll be back.
  • NursesRock7890
    NursesRock7890 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on break, but I'll be back to!!
  • belimawr
    Options
    @sufferlandrian, you make me glad i have no pets at times. :)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @belimawr - Thanks to drug and medical supply companies, it's not as cheap as people think it will be. The dog is doing very well by the way.
  • belimawr
    Options
    What's not as cheap, owning a pet, or the complications that may arise when things go bad?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The complications when things go wrong. :smile:
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Who's on a day off but still up all night?