Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I have a banquet tonight. So before I go to it, I'm going to quick add calories to my allowed amount. And not worry about how many calories are in things.
    Have a wonderful evening! Layra
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Confession:

-I really really want to have an abdominoplasty to get rid of this loose skin flab I have. My skin isn't that bad compared to some others who've lost greater amounts but I still feel like I need it to feel "whole" again, to put my identity as a fat person behind me and move on from it. It is always there and I think it looks so disgusting. I want to have a smooth flat abdomen I've never had that before in my life it is either a fat roll or now a skin flap.

Don't know how much extra skin you have... but read up first on the procedure and have others share their pain. Yes, it's very painful so to do it without having it make much difference might not be for you. Sometimes waiting and just building self esteem can do wonders for how we then feel about ourselves/our bodies.

Not sure when you reached goal but typically waiting 2 years after goal weight is suggested because more changes occur. Also you're probably already lifting but that's something really helpful because it can change the dynamics of the body greatly.

Good luck :)
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Confession: I WAS doing so well using MFP, dieting, exercising.... and then I don't know what happened. Literally I think I just started feeling I was looking thinner so I lost motivation cause I was all happy about looking thinner lol. Ugh. Well, I gained back several pounds. One thing that's really difficult for me is to not rebel against myself! I end up feeling like tracking calories is stifling, and I just want to rebel and eat whatever. I've started back on my diet though, so I gotta just force myself to keep up with it!

Same here exactly at 60 days.

I had a bad past 3 days.. 3 bottles of wine and a mickey of vodka too much junk foods.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Celebratory dinner, HUGE CHEESEBURGER, CRINKLE CUT FRIES, MARGARITA, DRAFT BEER, BEER BATTERED DEEP FRIED PICKLES, and COTTON CANDY BLIZZARD FROM DAIRY QUEEN. because i'm worth it. I run to the gym, work out then run back. I'll burn these kcals.
    Congratulations, by the way!!! And that sounds absolutely delicious. Can't deny my jealousy. Ever since I saw that Dairy Queen commercial I've been wanting to try the cotton candy blizzard!

basically, the cotton candy freezes into pop rock type spheres inside of the ice cream, and you'll get some cotton candy that lines the inside of the walls of the cup that you can scrape off for a super sweet cotton candy blast. I almost wept with joy eating it.

Nice. I'll be in the US in a little less than 2 weeks... hope DQ still has those cotton candy blizzards.

My poor SO. Every time we travel I have a list of fast food places we have to hit.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I'm writing one of my final papers and I've set up a reward system: for every sentence I finish, I get 1 m&m. For every paragraph I finish, I get a piece of chocolate (only got 1 left, anyways).

Honestly, +~300 calories is worth getting a good grade on this paper. It's working, anyways!
    Whatever works! I did the same, but my rewards were probably too expensive for what I was doing (dresses, bottles of wine). I only ended up getting the bottle of wine (actually white rum :hushed:), but nothing else because I felt bad about spending so much money. Last night I did try to buy some stuff on ModCloth but it won't let me. It says I'm "not using English language characters'' and that the system can't recognize what I'm typing. I have no clue what that means, because I'm certainly not typing in Chinese.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    So we had an earthquake today. Not as scary as I always thought it would be. Maybe if I lived closer to KZ.
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have to keep telling myself that food is fuel and not the enemy because I find myself wanting to stop eating and set my weight goal too low again :/ hope this feeling goes away cause I don't know what to do
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Almost yelled 'take your screaming kids out' during the movie. Get a babysitter, people.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Edited to remove quotes because the formatting was wacky and I couldn't get it to save right....

With my second pregnancy I gained a lot - MUCH of it in my stomach. My waist increased from where it started by nearly 30 inches in a short amount of time. It really stretched the skin. We knew from early on there with issues with the baby so I was orderd NOT to restrict calories and I had whatever the thing is called where there is far too much amniotic fluid. Bottom line - 1 - 2 stretch marks from my first pregnancy (where I gained 30 lbs) to a world map on my stomach and thighs from the second. That baby miraculously lived and survived heart surgery at 3 days (and survived a lot else too) He's turning 16 this year. I still have a little loose skin and it hangs down when I do a push up or similar. Weight lifting did make a difference and to be completely honest I have not tried to get lean enough to completely eliminate it. I'm smack in the middle of the healthy BMI numbers for my height. But...my "flap" is small enough that I wear a string bikini and despite the lose skin and now faint silvery stretch marks seem to be plenty attractive. I'm comfortable. So just based on my body experience and not a scientific survey -- I'd completely agree with the above poster -- wait a little while and see what your body does over a little more time. See what good lotions and weight lifting do. I can very honestly say my body has plenty of flaws but it is my body and I love it and I earned every scar and flaw. I can also honestly say that I have a wonderful boyfriend that loves me and has NEVER once mentioned any flaw in my body. I also researched having it tightened up and decided that it was not for me. If it is really important to you then it really is the best choice for you. I'm all for whatever you deem is best for you. Most of all, CONGRATS on the good work and the weight loss. Way to go!! : )
  • JPW1990
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Almost yelled 'take your screaming kids out' during the movie. Get a babysitter, people.

Complain to the usher outside, that way they get thrown out and you don't.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    There's this place here that sells Chinese pastries and bubble tea, and I crave it all the time. Right now I want one of their red bean paste dumplings and a big almond or coconut bubble tea. But last night I had a dream that I had the best ice cream cone in the history of ice cream cones. I think it was cookies and cream and it rendered me speechless (I literally forgot everything going around me in my dream and just wandered around, confused and eating my ice cream). So if there's something like that around here, I would very much enjoy that.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    There's this place here that sells Chinese pastries and bubble tea, and I crave it all the time. Right now I want one of their red bean paste dumplings and a big almond or coconut bubble tea. But last night I had a dream that I had the best ice cream cone in the history of ice cream cones. I think it was cookies and cream and it rendered me speechless (I literally forgot everything going around me in my dream and just wandered around, confused and eating my ice cream). So if there's something like that around here, I would very much enjoy that.
  • FluffySandwich
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yikes, sorry for all the posts, everyone. Did MyFitnessPal crash just now?
  • JPW1990
    Options
    Yikes, sorry for all the posts, everyone. Did MyFitnessPal crash just now?

Might have - my phone showed it timed out when I picked it up again

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

This would piss me off

I go to the movies a lot, like at times almost weekly, and I always try and go on off peak times because people piss me off lol

In other news:

IT'S FIGHT NIGHT and I am so excited I have been trying to sleep off and on since last night and barely can......I am the crazy person heading to the bar SEVEN hours before the main event to make sure I get a good seat!!

#TEAMPACMAN

Have a good night everyone!!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    We went and saw Avengers last night at 9:10. That also happens to be bed time on work days. Hubby fell asleep.

Confession: I am not too happy with Canada Post. My peanut butter was logged as "out for delivery" as of April28 @ 9:48 a.m. with an expected delivery date of April 28 (it was ordered on April 23). It is now Saturday May 2 and it is not here :angry:

If you ordered from Amazon they will send you another one.

Seeing Avengers again with the whole family and eating at Uno after... will try to stick to the healthy options... but some family just walked in the theater with a baby. Just what I want... a screaming baby during the movie. Judging hard.

I ordered from WalMart.can, but it is not WalMart fault, it is Canada Post's; the subcontract a lot of their work and it is they that cannot fulfill the delivery. I called them today and the said all the can do is flag it as undelivered and if I don't have it in 5 business days I will get a call from customer care.... a lot of good a phone call will do

This would piss me off

I go to the movies a lot, like at times almost weekly, and I always try and go on off peak times because people piss me off lol

In other news:

IT'S FIGHT NIGHT and I am so excited I have been trying to sleep off and on since last night and barely can......I am the crazy person heading to the bar SEVEN hours before the main event to make sure I get a good seat!!

#TEAMPACMAN

Have a good night everyone!!

Me too... I am quite particular about where I sit and who is around me. I've left movies and got refunds b/c of other people. We once had this person sit directly behind us who chewed so loudly and would belch throughout the movie - we complained and got a refund

• emilee1992
    emilee1992 Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I went to an ice cream parlour last night with my bf and shared a 4 scoop tub of ice cream and then forgot to log it.... However I thought burning 600 calories at circuit training and eating clean today may slightly counteract it, man I love ice cream :D
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Oh btw, for anyone wondering. I got a job offer this morning. It's going to be amazing walking out of this place in a couple of weeks with my paycheck, and 100 hours of vacation time in a check too. WOOT WOOT

Congratulations!!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    emilee1992 wrote: »
    I went to an ice cream parlour last night with my bf and shared a 4 scoop tub of ice cream and then forgot to log it.... However I thought burning 600 calories at circuit training and eating clean today may slightly counteract it, man I love ice cream :D

Ice cream is my weekness :/ I do allow myself to eat every so often but it is so incredibly hard for me not to binge on ice cream!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Wanted ice cream badly today. Had 100 calories left, so I had half a serving. Totally worth it.