Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    caddir wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    And luckily, she always offers the uneaten bits to our boyfriend first, and he rarely says no, so I don't embarrass myself with a hoover impression (however much i might want to).

Is this a typo or a reference to some boyfriend-sharing scheme? Like, are you confessing to being a member of a harem? Lol.

not a typo. We are a closed polyamorous triad. Wasn't intended to be a confession lol. Definitely not a harem. The first line of my post references my girlfriend.

Good for you coming out on a site like this. I was part of a triad once, for a little while and it didn't work for me, but I know some people who are really happy. Honesty is the key thing. :smiley:

My cousin is in a very long term polyamorous triad but had apparently tried to keep it quiet from the family (who tend towards the religious). Funniest conversation I ever had was with him. By way of background, my whole extended family is in the USA, I was born and grew up in Australia. In 2009 I went to the States for a year and caught up with the family. Said cousin picked me up from his mum's house where I was staying and we were driving up to his place. In the car on the way:

Him: So, I've spoken with the girls and we decided that we could let you in on something. Xxxx is not really yyyy and my flatmate, we're all in a relationship and have been for a really long time.

Me: .... yeah, I know.

Him: WHAT? How did you know?

Me: My mum told me.

Him: How the heck does your mom know????

Me: Your mum told her!

Him: MY MOM DOESN'T KNOW!!!??

Me: Dude... I'm from halfway around the world and even *I* knew. it's cool. No one cares.

I confess I am fascinated by this. I have many questions. I shall refrain.

About polyamory? Feel free, or privately if you'd prefer

Ok here goes. So do you all live together? And if so do you all have your own room or all share one room/bed or 2 or mix it up? Do you do everything together or is it like today is date night with so and so so the 3rd one stays home. And with the s*x is it all 3 or some mixture of two spontaneously or preplanned? I can't imagine this would work for me. I think you would have to be pretty confident in yourself and your partners to do this...all my insecurities would be front and center.

I have read about those guys with lots of wives in different houses but the women don't have a relationship with each other (I don't think). I never met or knew anyone in this kind of a relationship. I imagine girl/girl/guy combinations must be more common than boy/boy/girl.

I'm glad you asked, because I had the same questions. I also am kind of fascinated by unconventional relationships. It wouldn't work for me either, but hey, to each their own.

I find this utterly fascinating perhaps because I have never heard of it (I am a bit naive sometimes) but also because it's just so different than anything I could do on my own. Seems like a lot of fun if you are up to it. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I love this thread, I have over 300 pages to catch up on.

Good luck. By the time you catch up it'll be 300 pages later.
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I recently changed my activity level to sedentary and I'm given 1700 a day... I admit my logging isn't as tight because I hate seeing I'm in the red! I gotta figure this out!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I am enjoying the "what makes you irrationally angry" thread. I can relate to so much of it. And in some cases I would make these people irrationally angry.
    I tried looking for this one and couldn't find it. I bet I could fill that thread for pages.

• Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Ameengyrl wrote: »
    I recently changed my activity level to sedentary and I'm given 1700 a day... I admit my logging isn't as tight because I hate seeing I'm in the red! I gotta figure this out!

I wish I was given 1,700 before exercise. That's close to my maintenance amount. The pains of being short...
  • dancevuna
    dancevuna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have this thought every time I am at Costco that the samples don't have macros, therefore they don't have to be logged.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I've been saying to myself that I'll start doing push-ups and sit-ups every day for about a week and haven't started yet (6 yesterday doesn't count :P)
    ... but this time I mean it!
    Also I'm really proud of myself for eating 5 almonds today and no more. Moderation is amazing o:

This happened to be posted yesterday, so maybe it will help?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/34pies/are_situps_really_the_devils_work/
  • margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been out of town this weekend, and while I've tried really hard to be good, I've gone over the last two days, one by 750 and one by 285. I've definitely done worse, but I've been so bad on the weekends lately! I feel like I spend all week making up for the weekend and then do it all over again. Sigh. I at least have gone for a run the two days I've been here. Back to regular life and routine tomorrow!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    My confession is I'm so pissed off at the passive aggressive stuff my ex is pulling - trying to prevent my kids who live with me most of the time from seeing me at Christmas this year that I think I'm spending money on an attorney..

And I went ahead and treated myself and had a new kind of hard cider (New to me) Sonoma pear cider. Good stuff. "The Pitchfork" deliscious.
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've eaten things I'm allergic to the last four days and because of that I've been sick for four days. Ugh why can't I stop?

I love bubble tea though.
    I ate gluten today again by accident. This is the fourth day in a row and I wish I was dead because it hurts so much #sendhelp. Not sure why I keep accidently eating considering I go months at a time and do fine.

I'm really sorry you've been feeling ill and because of food :/ Has something triggered the food choices? Is there someway of trying to be more aware of what you're eating? - A food/mood diary perhaps? Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    I have only just discovered you can cook sausages in the oven.

And bacon in the microwave.

My life has new (cleaner) meaning.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to diet soda. When I can stay off it for a few days, weeks, months, my appetite is so much more stable and suppressed, but then I get the urge for a cold fizzy drink and start back up again. I know it's horrible for me, but it is my vice. When I stop, I really enjoy drinking water or coffee and feel so much better. I know it's an addiction. That sweet flavor probably lights up my dopamine receptors.

Would sparkling flavoured water do the same? Some of them are really sweet

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Me too. Sometimes I feel my brain is my worst enemy :( I've started telling myself ''You're beautiful'' or ''You're cute'' or whatever when I go out, attempting to condition myself to actually believe it. I've been told that if you tell yourself enough times, eventually you'll start thinking it's true :tongue:

Well if that is you in your avatar pic, I think you are very pretty. :) You need to believe in yourself.

Oh and now I want some bubble tea too.

I can't sleep so I'm on here trying to catch up on the thread.
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    And luckily, she always offers the uneaten bits to our boyfriend first, and he rarely says no, so I don't embarrass myself with a hoover impression (however much i might want to).

Is this a typo or a reference to some boyfriend-sharing scheme? Like, are you confessing to being a member of a harem? Lol.

not a typo. We are a closed polyamorous triad. Wasn't intended to be a confession lol. Definitely not a harem. The first line of my post references my girlfriend.

Good for you coming out on a site like this. I was part of a triad once, for a little while and it didn't work for me, but I know some people who are really happy. Honesty is the key thing. :smiley:

My cousin is in a very long term polyamorous triad but had apparently tried to keep it quiet from the family (who tend towards the religious). Funniest conversation I ever had was with him. By way of background, my whole extended family is in the USA, I was born and grew up in Australia. In 2009 I went to the States for a year and caught up with the family. Said cousin picked me up from his mum's house where I was staying and we were driving up to his place. In the car on the way:

Him: So, I've spoken with the girls and we decided that we could let you in on something. Xxxx is not really yyyy and my flatmate, we're all in a relationship and have been for a really long time.

Me: Dude... I'm from halfway around the world and even *I* knew. it's cool. No one cares.

Ok here goes. So do you all live together? And if so do you all have your own room or all share one room/bed or 2 or mix it up? Do you do everything together or is it like today is date night with so and so so the 3rd one stays home. And with the s*x is it all 3 or some mixture of two spontaneously or preplanned? I can't imagine this would work for me. I think you would have to be pretty confident in yourself and your partners to do this...all my insecurities would be front and center.

I have read about those guys with lots of wives in different houses but the women don't have a relationship with each other (I don't think). I never met or knew anyone in this kind of a relationship. I imagine girl/girl/guy combinations must be more common than boy/boy/girl.

The guys with lots of wives and where they have no relationship is polygamy and usually driven by religious beliefs (fundamental Mormons; Muslims). Polyamory is not the same thing.

The most common forms of Polyamory are 'hinge' relationships, where A is in a relationship with B, who is in a relationship with C. There is no relationship between A and C, except maybe as friends. In a triad, all of the people are involved with each other. The nature of involvement depends on the individuals.

So for us (and we're considered unusual): we do live together. We live most of the time in 'their ' house in London (where we all work), and weekends in 'my' house in Devon. We split chores according to skills and likes. Finances are individual and we all contribute to bills/group expenses/leisure.

We share a bedroom. In both Houses we have a 9ft bed (single and double together), so we all have space to sleep, and it allows for different mattress preferences. We have found we don't like sleeping apart, it's feels weird. So even in hotels we'll rearrange the beds so they are together. We did have a holiday cottage at new year where one person had to be in a separate room, we all agreed it felt wrong. My girlfriend and I usually take turns to sleep in the middle, she usually has it on weekdays. Because she's last to get up, and I'm in the middle on weekends.

In our relationship there are actually 4 relationship, one between each 'couple", and an overarching relationship between the three of us. We try to balance all of them, because if any one person is off kilter, all the relationships are affected. So each two will spend time doing things together, maybe go out for dinner, or veg out in front of the TV, and the third will indulge in some guilt free me time, it tends to be spontaneous most of the time. But we do have planned in the diary every 3 months couples dinners, because we think it's important that those relationships are nurtured and by planning, they don't get forgotten in the melee of daily life.

We all have our individual hobbies and interests and it's important to us that we all have time for those too, because it's what contributes to us being the people we are.

We have a set dinner once a month as a three. That's a kind of check in, make sure we're all OK, discuss any relationship issues or concerns or anything, before it blows up hugely. Generally we do things as a three, so trips, days out, parties , we all do together, we plan things for weekends for all of us.

Sex: (it's what you all really wanna know, right?) sex works in any and all combinations, as twos or three, depending on who is around, awake and in the mood. We have differing levels of sex drive, and different body clocks - my boyfriend and I are night owls, my girlfriend is a lark. She falls asleep early. We're awake. I go to my house one weekend a month on my own (space and time for me and for them - my choice). Sex is a mixture of preplanned and spontaneous (preplanned as in, when we all get home tonight let's go to bed and f?!(@, or someone is out at their club tonight, shall we go to bed!) but it's mostly spontaneous, and mostly the three of us, but no issues if one is not in the mood/tired whatever.

We do all have insecurities and envy (which we define differently to jealousy) and we've learned we need to talk about those things when they arise, don't let them sit and fester until exploding, because by then it will all be out of proportion and dealing with the fall out is draining. Hence why we have preplanned dinners, so no one has to say they have a problem (unless they want to). we work hard on our relationships and have had to learn different communication skills. Listening skills and to be very explicit in saying what we need/want because we need to avoid misinterpretation and miscommunication, most of our big fights boiled down to misunderstandings. Things tend to go downhill when we stop paying attention and take it for granted , which is no different to monogamous relationships.

Feel free to add any follow up questions :)

• Oberon21
    Options

The guys with lots of wives and where they have no relationship is polygamy and usually driven by religious beliefs (fundamental Mormons; Muslims). Polyamory is not the same thing.

The most common forms of Polyamory are 'hinge' relationships, where A is in a relationship with B, who is in a relationship with C. There is no relationship between A and C, except maybe as friends. In a triad, all of the people are involved with each other. The nature of involvement depends on the individuals.

So for us (and we're considered unusual): we do live together. We live most of the time in 'their ' house in London (where we all work), and weekends in 'my' house in Devon. We split chores according to skills and likes. Finances are individual and we all contribute to bills/group expenses/leisure.

We share a bedroom. In both Houses we have a 9ft bed (single and double together), so we all have space to sleep, and it allows for different mattress preferences. We have found we don't like sleeping apart, it's feels weird. So even in hotels we'll rearrange the beds so they are together. We did have a holiday cottage at new year where one person had to be in a separate room, we all agreed it felt wrong. My girlfriend and I usually take turns to sleep in the middle, she usually has it on weekdays. Because she's last to get up, and I'm in the middle on weekends.

In our relationship there are actually 4 relationship, one between each 'couple", and an overarching relationship between the three of us. We try to balance all of them, because if any one person is off kilter, all the relationships are affected. So each two will spend time doing things together, maybe go out for dinner, or veg out in front of the TV, and the third will indulge in some guilt free me time, it tends to be spontaneous most of the time. But we do have planned in the diary every 3 months couples dinners, because we think it's important that those relationships are nurtured and by planning, they don't get forgotten in the melee of daily life.

We all have our individual hobbies and interests and it's important to us that we all have time for those too, because it's what contributes to us being the people we are.

We have a set dinner once a month as a three. That's a kind of check in, make sure we're all OK, discuss any relationship issues or concerns or anything, before it blows up hugely. Generally we do things as a three, so trips, days out, parties , we all do together, we plan things for weekends for all of us.

Sex: (it's what you all really wanna know, right?) sex works in any and all combinations, as twos or three, depending on who is around, awake and in the mood. We have differing levels of sex drive, and different body clocks - my boyfriend and I are night owls, my girlfriend is a lark. She falls asleep early. We're awake. I go to my house one weekend a month on my own (space and time for me and for them - my choice). Sex is a mixture of preplanned and spontaneous (preplanned as in, when we all get home tonight let's go to bed and f?!(@, or someone is out at their club tonight, shall we go to bed!) but it's mostly spontaneous, and mostly the three of us, but no issues if one is not in the mood/tired whatever.

We do all have insecurities and envy (which we define differently to jealousy) and we've learned we need to talk about those things when they arise, don't let them sit and fester until exploding, because by then it will all be out of proportion and dealing with the fall out is draining. Hence why we have preplanned dinners, so no one has to say they have a problem (unless they want to). we work hard on our relationships and have had to learn different communication skills. Listening skills and to be very explicit in saying what we need/want because we need to avoid misinterpretation and miscommunication, most of our big fights boiled down to misunderstandings. Things tend to go downhill when we stop paying attention and take it for granted , which is no different to monogamous relationships.

Thank you for answering. So now I want to know...how did this come about? It seems like they were a couple first and then you joined them. How did you discover this is something you wanted to engage in? Have you all been together for a long time? And how would kids work if you decided to have them? Thanks!
  • Oberon21
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have to admit I am enjoying the "what makes you irrationally angry" thread. I can relate to so much of it. And in some cases I would make these people irrationally angry.
    I tried looking for this one and couldn't find it. I bet I could fill that thread for pages.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/32351685#Comment_32351685

I can never figure out how to post links on my iPad but see if that is it...

*edited to say I tested it after posting. It does put you in the middle of the thread so you can get to it. Yay me!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm only losing weight so I don't look like my mother and end up attracting someone like her husband. I never want my daughter to experience what I have. I look so much like my mom that I color my hair and keep it cut short. But now I see her body on mine and I want it gone.

Confession 2: I am typing this while trying to pump breast milk. I stopped BF months ago but I am hoping to be able to start re-lactating so I can give my daughter a fighting chance at being smarter than me.

I wouldn't fret - one daughter was bf for six weeks and one for three days. No allergies. One's doing a degree in Genetics and one about to start a degree in Linguistics. Both have life saving certificates. Both have full driving licences. Both sing, speak another language, read the classics and books such as 'How to Teach Quantum Physics to Your Dog', like classical music as well as some pretty rawwwwkus stuff. One dresses in black at all times. One in bright colours. Both can hold a good conversation. Bright and nice people. Thank you formula, as bf caused, in me, post-natal depression. No fun. Do what's right for you of course, but don't fret if formula proves to be the way forward.

• SuzPero
    SuzPero Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to crunchy salty snacks that come in a bag. :(
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have only just discovered you can cook sausages in the oven.

And bacon in the microwave.

My life has new (cleaner) meaning.

You can also do bacon in the oven, when you want to do the whole pack at once
  • orangesmartie
    Options

Thank you for answering. So now I want to know...how did this come about? It seems like they were a couple first and then you joined them. How did you discover this is something you wanted to engage in? Have you all been together for a long time? And how would kids work if you decided to have them? Thanks!

I've always wanted this kind of relationship structure. Since I was about 14, even though I didn't really understand it. I don't really know how the idea came about, other than I knew I was bisexual, and being with a man and a woman seemed the ideal solution.

They are a married couple. And I have known them both for more than 15 years, before they got together. In fact, my now-girlfriend was talking to my then-boyfriend about her joining us (it didn't happen because he was a lying *kitten*). But she says she has been in love with me and stalked me since then lol. We've been good friends for about 12 years and a lot of acquaintances in our mutual interest have always assumed we were all together.

We've been very good friends for the last 12 years, spending time together, chilling out at home or going to parties, we have very similar opinions on the moral things, money, religion, work ethic etc. They've always known I was looking for a couple, I've always known they were looking for a third. But we never broached the subject of being together (largely because none of us wanted to upset the friendship)

One evening they approached me and asked if I'd like to play. I said yes, we had the intention it wouldn't be a serious long term thing, we thought we were looking for different things.

I fell in love with my girlfriend first, I realised it during our first Christmas and I panicked a bit.
    At easter I realised I'd fallen in love with my boyfriend. Then I had a meltdown and emailed them to end it (email because we lived 200 miles apart, end it because we has agreed no strings, no emotions and my feelings were against our agreement and I was trying to be fair). They phoned me, told me how they felt, and what they wanted (as individuals) and asked what I wanted. We renegotiated from our original agreement and haven't really looked back, it's 3 years this year.

We are always very careful to speak as individuals, particularly when talking relationship stuff and we don't speak for each other. But conversations do happen between 2, often as a sounding board.

Both my partners have adult children. I have never wanted children, so it's not really a factor for us, although I do have shared legal custody of my 2 year old nephew (hence going to 'my' house every weekend).