Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I went over my cals Saturday by *at least* 4,000... used the excuse that it was "the last weekend of my twenties"...

Thing is, Saturday morning I was only 1.6 lbs from my goal weight... and my goal was to be that weight by Wednesday for my birthday :/

Ah well... Still could happen I suppose, but I'll not hold my breath. It was a lovely weekend, though.

Happy Birthday!

happy birthday!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    This is the ad on the side of my MFP right now, and it is making me a little uncomfortable...

770ffe62-580d-423a-bad3-d9d3fe3aa8a2_zpshk3pjq5x.jpg

You do know that most ad's are based on YOUR browser/search history, right? There was a big discussion here a few years back about it cuz someone griped about there being bad food ads on MFP... and that was why. IE- I sometimes see Amazon shoe ads here on MFP after I searched and shopped for shoes.

Sooo... maybe it's still like that? *snicker*
    Introducing Premium!

A $50/yr you can keep that chit. For real. >_<
    OH yes.

Unless the script I used to enter my macros in gram is fixed or a new one is made, I'm just going to enter my macros goals into the food notes.

I can't believe they'd expect me to want to pay that much for "premium", especially with the app's "improved" macro / micronutrient breakdown

Or their POS barcode scanner app that doesn't work nor hasn't for several years. >_<

Quiksylver, have you been typing "Giant Cucumber Man" in your browser again? I thought you were going to stop doing that?!

Busted.... :#

Truly, I am trying to think what I last googled. I'm pretty sure it was "Wonder Woman pic." No idea how I ended up with Giant Cucumber Man.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    We had a birthday party this weekend. 4 people didn't show up. I took care of their portion of pizza and cupcakes for them.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Heehee, thanks, we tend to think that when listening to the complaints of our monogamous friends but all relationships take work, friends family, partners but we tend to take them all for granted :(

Exactly! Which is why I'm sitting here thinking you may actually be a few steps ahead in being so conscious and deliberate about those aspects of your relationship, whereas the rest of us in more traditional partnerships just sit back and think it will all magically work out because "we're in luuuurve", at least when we're younger. (Coming from someone who got married at the age of 20, because I thought I knew it all)

Oh boy, isn't that the truth! For me, even worse: got married at 18, failed at that one, did it again at 28 and now I'm wondering if I've ever known anything at all? Seriously, have I not learned anything yet? My poor kids. I give them the spiel of: don't ask me for relationship advice. Clearly I don't know what I'm doing. Gah.

Twice? LOL
    I've been married, ahem, multiple times and had a few live-ins in between.

I'm excellent at giving relationship advice. I'm not so good at taking it.

I've finally got a keeper. It's difficult for me to live so drama-free sometimes, but I'm so glad I found it.
    Odd, because my parents will be married 50 years in December, and I grew up with 0 drama.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    momasox wrote: »
    We had a birthday party this weekend. 4 people didn't show up. I took care of their portion of pizza and cupcakes for them.

Jealous, I love love love cupcakes and pizza :(
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    You do know that most ad's are based on YOUR browser/search history, right? There was a big discussion here a few years back about it cuz someone griped about there being bad food ads on MFP... and that was why. IE- I sometimes see Amazon shoe ads here on MFP after I searched and shopped for shoes.

I dunno about that... I was getting ads for US weight loss clinics (which I've never searched, nor do I live in the US) and for McD's (also never searched) as well as ads in French (I'm anglophone).

However, I made that assumption about another popular site, hence my little mental freakout when banner ads for engagement rings (don't want one) started appearing on my SO's iPad. Lol.
    I got married at 20, to a 22 year old man and we immediately had a kid (4 weeks later, actually, lol). 3 more kids and nearly 15 years later, we still love each other, but the fact that we're still together is down to hard work and nothing but.

Congrats! I do actually know of 3 or 4 "high school romances" that are now 35+ year marriages but I don't think that's how the majority of them wind up.

My marriage lasted 2.5 years. I shake my head at myself now... I didn't even know what I wanted to eat the following week, and I thought I could pick a life partner?
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Heehee, thanks, we tend to think that when listening to the complaints of our monogamous friends but all relationships take work, friends family, partners but we tend to take them all for granted :(

Exactly! Which is why I'm sitting here thinking you may actually be a few steps ahead in being so conscious and deliberate about those aspects of your relationship, whereas the rest of us in more traditional partnerships just sit back and think it will all magically work out because "we're in luuuurve", at least when we're younger. (Coming from someone who got married at the age of 20, because I thought I knew it all)

Oh boy, isn't that the truth! For me, even worse: got married at 18, failed at that one, did it again at 28 and now I'm wondering if I've ever known anything at all? Seriously, have I not learned anything yet? My poor kids. I give them the spiel of: don't ask me for relationship advice. Clearly I don't know what I'm doing. Gah.

Twice? LOL

I've finally got a keeper. It's difficult for me to live so drama-free sometimes, but I'm so glad I found it.
    Odd, because my parents will be married 50 years in December, and I grew up with 0 drama.

I confess I am amazed that so many people can have multiple marriages & serious relationships and I go YEARS in between dates, let alone relationships. And it's not like I'm turning down dates or anything. I never get hit on or approached by guys.

I'm not judging anyone, but I am perplexed by everyone else seeming to be able to find someone so quickly and I got nothin'.
  • ShibaEars
    momasox wrote: »

Good for you for taking one for the team :wink: I would've been all over the cupcakes too.
  • ShibaEars
    edited May 2015
    There is leftover birthday cake in the office today. I told myself I wouldn't have any because I have cookies pre-logged for later. But the cake kept taunting me. On one trip by I grabbed a fork and ate a bunch of the leftover icing off the tray. 10 minutes later I went back and took half a piece. 10 minutes after that I went and got the other half.

I'm still going to eat the cookies later.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member

I dunno about that... I was getting ads for US weight loss clinics (which I've never searched, nor do I live in the US) and for McD's (also never searched) as well as ads in French (I'm anglophone).

However, I made that assumption about another popular site, hence my little mental freakout when banner ads for engagement rings (don't want one) started appearing on my SO's iPad. Lol.
    I got married at 20, to a 22 year old man and we immediately had a kid (4 weeks later, actually, lol). 3 more kids and nearly 15 years later, we still love each other, but the fact that we're still together is down to hard work and nothing but.

Congrats! I do actually know of 3 or 4 "high school romances" that are now 35+ year marriages but I don't think that's how the majority of them wind up.

My marriage lasted 2.5 years. I shake my head at myself now... I didn't even know what I wanted to eat the following week, and I thought I could pick a life partner?

It's partially influenced by search, but the cookies save EVERYTHING these days, so even landing on a page that mentions something, or watching a video with an ad for something, will trigger the ads on other sites. People would get really ticked on a site I used to visit because they'd sell the background image as advertising, and because of the way they assigned the meta tags, you'd see ads for that product everywhere on the net for weeks after.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Twice? LOL

I confess I am amazed that so many people can have multiple marriages & serious relationships and I go YEARS in between dates, let alone relationships. And it's not like I'm turning down dates or anything. I never get hit on or approached by guys.

I'm not judging anyone, but I am perplexed by everyone else seeming to be able to find someone so quickly and I got nothin'.

Unfortunately, I went years without dates, too. By choice.
    Lots of relationships that lasted from 6 months - 2 or 3 years.
    I have no problem showing a guy the door if he is an idiot. I finally learned to stop marrying them so quickly.

I must have "EASY" tattooed on my forehead or something. I still get approached by guys; sometimes even when I'm out with my husband.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    And it's not like I'm turning down dates or anything. I never get hit on or approached by guys.

Me neither. Most of my relationships have developed with guys that I already knew somewhat, through friends or shared social activities. Which is amazing in itself, as I'm not terrifically social.

OTOH, you may be like me and it takes being bashed over the head repeatedly with a blunt object to clue in to the fact that you're being "approached" or "hit on". My friends would always point out to me after the fact whereas I'd been clueless at the time.
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    edited May 2015
    ethim wrote: »
    I've eaten things I'm allergic to the last four days and because of that I've been sick for four days. Ugh why can't I stop?

I love bubble tea though.
    I ate gluten today again by accident. This is the fourth day in a row and I wish I was dead because it hurts so much #sendhelp. Not sure why I keep accidently eating considering I go months at a time and do fine.

I'm really sorry you've been feeling ill and because of food :/ Has something triggered the food choices? Is there someway of trying to be more aware of what you're eating? - A food/mood diary perhaps? Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I've been logging what I eat on here cause when I do I pretty much don't ever eat anything I'm allergic to. I went to my friends house on Thursday and when I was there I was super tempted to eat ice cream cause they were all eating it and I know that's no excuse but sometimes I get sick of not feeling like I can be normal. So the I ate some and then up until yesterday I had been feeling so sick, bloated, sad, and fat that I was making bad food choices cause I just felt like I hated myself so much. Thanks for caring :)<3

To anyone who heard that I started my new job last week, it's been going really well still :)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member

Twice? LOL

Unfortunately, I went years without dates, too. By choice.
    Lots of relationships that lasted from 6 months - 2 or 3 years.
    I have no problem showing a guy the door if he is an idiot. I finally learned to stop marrying them so quickly.

I must have "EASY" tattooed on my forehead or something. I still get approached by guys; sometimes even when I'm out with my husband.

I am the opposite. I am like @ShibaEars I never get hit on nor do I attract guys. I have been told my body language is pretty darn clear ... STAY AWAY. I think part of the problem is guys I find attractive never find me attractive. And occasionally I do get a guy who is clearly attracted, and I am like 'no way'. I think I am myself with guys I am not attracted to and give the 'stay away' vibe to the ones I am. If you are a guy and I am being extremely defensive in body language and super sarcastic...I probably like you. If I am friendly...I probably don't. Maybe I never escaped the 5th grade (or is it later? earlier? I can't remember) name calling on the playground mentality when kids first start noticing each other.

I think a lot of it has to do with poor self-image and many issue growing up being heavy and being the non-attractive female in the family. And a middle child... and on and on. I pretty much just finally gave up.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    bkhamill wrote: »

I got married at 18 to my high school sweetheart. On June 4 this year we will celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. It does take work and a lot of being flexible with the desires of the other person (mostly my husband is a saint at this) Our marriage is not perfect but we love each other and our kids/grandkids and that is what matters most to both of us, so we keep working at it.

I should confess that I am also bi and my husband knows I have to indulge in that side of my sexuality from time to time, so that probably makes it even harder for him (hence the saint comment).

Congratulations on what is clearly a great relationship and for both of you knowing what works and how to keep it strong. So many people lie to each other about what they want, and in the end it never works out. I am always amazed at long term relationships, as I see so few of them that are still going strong and still in love. Its nice to know they are out there!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »

I got married at 18 to my high school sweetheart. On June 4 this year we will celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. It does take work and a lot of being flexible with the desires of the other person (mostly my husband is a saint at this) Our marriage is not perfect but we love each other and our kids/grandkids and that is what matters most to both of us, so we keep working at it.

I should confess that I am also bi and my husband knows I have to indulge in that side of my sexuality from time to time, so that probably makes it even harder for him (hence the saint comment).

Congratulations on what is clearly a great relationship and for both of you knowing what works and how to keep it strong. So many people lie to each other about what they want, and in the end it never works out. I am always amazed at long term relationships, as I see so few of them that are still going strong and still in love. Its nice to know they are out there!

Thank you.
  • LBuehrle8

Twice? LOL

Nothing wrong with that! I've had a few serious relationships and have been engaged once but I'm 29 and unmarried- and never have been- I get the pity gazes and the "oh you'll find someone for you on day!" Yes I know I'm totally fine being unmarried, but thanks!

My current boyfriend lives in England now haha it's a very unique relationship :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Five children and 31 years later my parents are still together :) I'm so proud of them but also its a lot to live up to!
  • LBuehrle8
    Especially since NO ONE in my family has ever been divorced- no grandparents have, aunts, uncles, or any of my older cousins..it's really suck to be the first one to break that streak and disappoint the 'rents :'(
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member

My university has us go through a class on the psychology of relationships for that reason. It's pretty smart, since it's a freshman-level but required class. Manages to reach most of the students and get them to think about what their boundaries are, what their relationship style is (and which ones to avoid) and how secure they are in themselves. They definitely go over the fact that love doesn't pay the bills and that love isn't what keeps a marriage together.