Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday @MischelM !! Hope you had a wonderful day!

That is very good exciting @bregalad5 ! Best of luck in your new place!

I hit my small goal of loosing 15lbs a week early. My goal was to do it before my birthday next weekend! Good news all around so far!
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    @MischelM: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! CELEBRATE BIG TIME AND HAVE FUN!!!

@bregalad5: That must be a huge weight off your shoulders! (Pun completely intended lol) Congrats!!! When do you move?
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    shirayne wrote: »
    @bregalad5: That must be a huge weight off your shoulders! (Pun completely intended lol) Congrats!!! When do you move?

Haha yeah, it is! I'll move on the 15th. The girl currently living there is moving in with her boyfriend. I got really lucky by seeing her post in a Facebook group, and the guy who owns the place was so excited about the possibility of having a native English speaker live there to practice his English (which doesn't bother me one bit since that's what I do for a job...) that he canceled the other appointment to look at the place to give it to me! :)
  • Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @bregalad5 that's awesome! Definitely a relief, I'm sure!

@Hippychick5983 CONGRATS!!!! That's awesome! I need to start a small scale goal. Today is my first weight in since I started last month, so hopefully we can celebrate together!!

• ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Today is my "official" weigh day! But yesterday, I decided to just take a peek and I had lost 4 lbs this week! But when I got on the scales this morning, I was only down 2 lbs :( I will happily take the 2 lb loss, but was happier with the 4 lb loss!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    Weighed in... **drum roll please!** I lost 16 pounds in the last month! I could do a happy dance!! I celebrated by getting on the treadmill and walking for 2 minutes then running for 45 seconds and did it for 15 minutes! I'm super proud of myself! Now I need water! Be back later!
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    @MischelM What a great loss- and a wonderful way to celebrate.
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Lots of awesome losses today! Gratz to everyone and for those who may not have lost... don't get discouraged. That's what starts a backslide and I refuse to allow my buddies to backslide! :) (Like there's anything I can do about it... lol) We are all in this together!

@ptkat28: You're a better person than I am! When I peek like that, I take the bigger loss! :)
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    Thank you, ladies! It was just what I needed going into this new month.
    @ptkat28 Girl, take the 4lbs and RUN with it! That shift is almost definitely water weight and will probably fall right off by morning.
  • ptkat28
    Options

shirayne wrote: »
    Lots of awesome losses today! Gratz to everyone and for those who may not have lost... don't get discouraged. That's what starts a backslide and I refuse to allow my buddies to backslide! :) (Like there's anything I can do about it... lol) We are all in this together!

@ptkat28: You're a better person than I am! When I peek like that, I take the bigger loss! :)
    MischelM wrote: »
    Thank you, ladies! It was just what I needed going into this new month.
    @ptkat28 Girl, take the 4lbs and RUN with it! That shift is almost definitely water weight and will probably fall right off by morning.

Thanks girls!!! I did count the 4 lbs! Total of 24 lbs lost in 6 weeks :wink:
  • keezo1
    keezo1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congrats on everyones losses no matter how small,the important thing is getting up and doing it.I have scheduled my very first official weigh in for wednesday.I am already nervous but very optimistic. Even if i have not lost any weight i plan to stick with it because i feel a lot better since i started.
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    keezo1 wrote: »
    Congrats on everyones losses no matter how small, the important thing is getting up and doing it.I have scheduled my very first official weigh in for wednesday. I am already nervous but very optimistic. Even if i have not lost any weight i plan to stick with it because i feel a lot better since i started.

I felt the same way. I felt like I could breathe just a little easier and like my clothes were just a hair looser, but most of all, I felt like I had accomplished something just by sticking with it. That's my number one goal every single week, to eat like I should from at least Monday to Friday. I can tell you with absolute certainty that just by doing that I've seen my numbers go down. Baby steps, keezo1, baby steps :smile:
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    ptkat28 wrote: »

Thanks girls!!! I did count the 4 lbs! Total of 24 lbs lost in 6 weeks :wink:

Wow, awesome job!! That's fantastic!!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    For anyone interested in figuring out calorie burns from different activities, this calculator uses all your pertinent info... age, weight, height... It's the best estimator I've found.
    healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
  • ptkat28
    Options
    Thanks @MischelM! Very informative!
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @bregalad5 great job on finding a place.

@MischelM Happy belated Birthday

@Hippychick5983 Great job on losing 15 pounds

@ptkat28 I try to stop myself form getting on the scales every day but it's hard. Good job on the 2lbs!

• sjbruno7
    sjbruno7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am needing to loose about 100 lbs and will definitely need the support. Anyone is welcome to add me!!!
  • helend78
    helend78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feeling really ashamed atm having lost nearly 5 stone I've gained it all back and another stone on top :( not having a good day
  • Happysteph20152016
    Happysteph20152016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am looking to loose 150 pounds. This is day 1 for me, add me as a friend and we can share our successes.
  • modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...I'm new to the community posts and this seems like a great place to start. I too would like to lose 100 lbs. After having two kids back to back and no time for myself, I've let myself go...a lot!. I was following MFP a few months ago...religiously in fact, and had lost close to 30 lbs, but sadly, i fell off the wagon and gained 10 back :-(

The good new is, is that i've chosen today to be my starting date...i've decided to climb back into the drivers seat and do what i can to get to where i want to be. Im excited to start this journey again.

I would love your support, encouragement and any added tips or tricks to help me reach my goal. I will offer you the same in return and look forward to making new friends along the way.

Lets do this!!!! :blush: