You don't have to explain your diet to everyone. Just take ownership.

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Also, why should I have to explain why I have avocados and whole wheat wraps. Is it okay to ask someone "why are you eating that third brownie when you're morbidly obese and diabetic?" Nope. Our bodies, our businesses. :)
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    I'm still the only dude who has posted to this thread. Was this meant only for women?

Not at all!
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    One of THE best things I've read in these forums. And go you for being 54 and in such phenomenal shape!! I just turned 52 and have discovered the joys of weight lifting... if I could look half as good as you a year from now I'd be seriously happy!
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    I am eating this food because I want to eat this food. OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    I'm still the only dude who has posted to this thread. Was this meant only for women?

LOL no I didn't mean it for just women. As far as I know this is a COED forum. <3B)

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    I am eating this food because I want to eat this food. OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

NOM NOM NOM NOM... Love it!!!!!!!! <3
  • stukawife
    stukawife Posts: 45 Member
    OMG! This is so true.!!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Love all of this!! And 75% of the time or more people also don't give a crap what you are eating or why.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Yup for sure..same thing applies to life in general...

I own myself and my decisions and choices...I don't get "pushed"
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Great post!

I think a lot of times when people complain about the judgment they get for their diet, it's because they're talking about their diet.

"No thanks, I'm counting calories and it would push me over for the day" is just an invitation to the other person to comment and start a whole conversation about weight loss. It will inevitably lead to them giving their opinion, going on and on about their own struggles with weight loss, bringing up the latest fad diet, or going down any number of rabbit holes.

"No, thanks" is enough. If they ask again, follow up with "really, no thanks, I'm fine" and leave it at that.

We often get the reactions we ask for.

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    segacs wrote: »
    Great post!

I think a lot of times when people complain about the judgment they get for their diet, it's because they're talking about their diet.

"No thanks, I'm counting calories and it would push me over for the day" is just an invitation to the other person to comment and start a whole conversation about weight loss. It will inevitably lead to them giving their opinion, going on and on about their own struggles with weight loss, bringing up the latest fad diet, or going down any number of rabbit holes.

"No, thanks" is enough. If they ask again, follow up with "really, no thanks, I'm fine" and leave it at that.

We often get the reactions we ask for.
    good point

• Annapululu
    Annapululu Posts: 6 Member
    People: "How dare they say NO?!" *The M.F.P. crowd begins a slow thunderous clap* -world breaks-
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    A lot of times, my friends will say "calories dont count when you're.... eating standing up, eating with friends, having cake, etc". It's so annoying. I'm like "no, they do count and they dont fit into my day/week so leave me alone" :p
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member

I don't think so. I will say that, in general from what I have observed, more women than men seem to have more trouble saying "no" without more of an explanation than men do. (This is a generalization based on my own observation of the women around me.)
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    This is an awesome post, and OMG you look amazeballs.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    jemhh wrote: »

I don't think so. I will say that, in general from what I have observed, more women than men seem to have more trouble saying "no" without more of an explanation than men do. (This is a generalization based on my own observation of the women around me.)

Men know what they want, women need someone to tell us.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    One of my favorite tools with pushy people is to turn it back on them. "Wow, what I eat is really important to you!" "Why is it so important to you that I eat this?" "What happens if I don't have any? You seem really concerned."