20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    @eyegirl777va Actually, I felt great today. If I had not been working with a trainer for the last 4 months, I would not have had the stamina/ flexibility to get through the class and I would have been sore! It was intense, and I was sweating buckets, but I really liked the challenge. :D I plan to go again tomorrow.

Awesome you found something new you enjoy❤ Tami
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to say hello.

Congrats Cristina

I like body pump to Connie I don't have time to ho right now though. Keep it up a change in routine will probably do the trick.

Ester my sister owns a dance studio so I know how your feeling. Our recital isn't until August.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Thursday!

B) Becky, I hope you had a wonderful day!
    B) Esther...glad you rested yesterday. Your body needs recovery!
    B) Shirley..my calories are set at 1350. I do eat about half my exercise calories back, though. I think that I need to just accept the fact that I am a slow loser, and nothing I do is gonna change that.
    B) Hi Sunny!

B) Marie... I miss you and hope you are doing well. B)

It's going to be another gorgeous day with high temps and low humidity. I am going to the gym for body pump class and have some shopping to do later on. My new obsession is workout clothes! ;)

Make it a great day, losers!
    Stay strong!

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi ladies,

connie, what kind of workout clothes? I am trying not to buy anything as I have plenty of great stuff that is just too tight, lol!!

I also think we should start looking at not losing in a different light. I am so happy not to gain and to keep off what I have lost so far. sometimes we need to look back at where we started and not just where we want to be:)

have a great day everyone!!

Stephanie

ps. managed to not have such sticky fingers yesterday and log what I ate!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning Connie and stept.
    I was up early this morning but went back to bed.

All is well here in Mesquite, Texas I am still in pain and guess I will always be Will just have to learn to live with it
    Marie.

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Morning,

Got on the scale and it is not moving. B) Hair apt. this morning then cleaning the boat.

It's in the 70's here and a beautiful day.

I think I will go back to South Beach Phase 2 and see if I can get some results.

Now getting on my bike one more time on the turbo trainer then onto the road this week. :D

Cristina - My pedometer is always lower than the Fit Bit. The fit bit picks up all movement not just
    steps. I am sticking with the 1400 range I usually as lower than that anyway. I don't how to
    change the calories on Fit Bit. Not a techy.

"If we defend our habits, we have no intentions of quitting them."

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,
    Yes, it is a beautiful day. Hope all is well with each of you.
    Not sure what I will be doing today other than cleaning house and exercise.
    Waiting for lumber to be delivered so we can start redoing our screened porch.

I am thinking about getting a Fitbit and don't have a clue which one to get.
    Would appreciate your input.

Connie, I'll bet you are looking sharp in your work out clothes!!

Marie, I am hoping you will get to feeling good soon!!! Things are not the same
    when you are not around!!!

Nancy <3

• eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Good morning Connie and stept.
    I was up early this morning but went back to bed.

All is well here in Mesquite, Texas I am still in pain and guess I will always be Will just have to learn to live with it
    Marie.

Sorry to hear this Marie - sending my love so you feel better soon and to ease the pain

Take care

Faye
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I woke up this morning and the scale was down 0.6. Not much but still moving.

I'm preparing for a work trip hopefully I don't gain while I'm there. It's a one week intense IT certification course where the meals are going to be provided for us and we will be in class from 8:00am to 10:30pm. We will have breaks for meals but I envision that it will be very stressful!

Nancy, I have the FitBit HR and love it because it also includes your heart rate.

Shirley, you change your calorie goal in the FitBit app select Account on the bottom then Goals. On the Goals screen in the Diet portion tap Food then you have a choice to be guided on adjusting your calorie goal or just manually entering it. Hope that helps...

Cristina
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Thanks Christina
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies.

Marie sending hugs ❤️.

Nancy- I just purchased the Fitbit Charge with a black band last week and I really like it. It's so easy to snap it on my wrist in the morning and go. I'm working my way up to 10k steps.

Shirley - great quote.

Congratulations to all the losers. Keep it up! Tomorrows my weigh in day. Fingers crossed!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @eyegirl777va I have a Fitbit Flex. It does not do heart rate, but it does everything else, like track sleep. I do like it as it movtivates me to move more.

@slw19 I've been wearing black stretch yoga pants and various short sleeve tops. Now I'm ready for capris and matching tops! B) No razorback tops, though, too self-conscious about my fat arms and batwings!! :s

• tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    925070e2wqa74sl9.gif

Happy Birhday Becky I hope you have a lovely one

Marie

Marie and everyone else, a BIG THANK YOU for your wonderful birthday wishes!!! Jessica and Joseph and Emily came over and we went out to lunch, shopping for sandals for me and Jessica, and then back to my house for a little play time. It started with Joseph walking up the driveway with a bunch of flowers saying, "Happy Birthday, Mimi! I brought you flowers!" My heart melted <3

Jessica and I shared a rock shrimp tempura and we each had a miso soup and a veggie roll. So that was a reasonably healthy lunch. Dinner with David at home was delicious filet mignon on the grill and Alaskan king crab legs. Today I got a small plate of food at our students pot luck and did fine. But all of this was planned, so I feel fine with it. :smile: It was a WONDERFUL birthday and I love the start of my 52nd year!

7mrg82evrofl.jpg

I am back on target tonight and moving forward.

Thanks again, everyone <3

Becky

• vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    tenpets wrote: »
    Great job to all who have/will get exercise today! One week left on my holiday vacation (I teach nursing at a college and we don't go back until Jan 5. So, I slept in a little, took a nice shower, and walked 6 miles = 771 calories!

My new Fitbit and Map my run app inspire me to do more than I might without them and they both reward you with badges which I find encouraging. It makes it less difficult to say no to eating poor food choices.

For those who are night time snackers, I LOVE making air popped popcorn, spraying it lightly with pam and sprinkling with some salt or Molly Mcbutter or butter buds. At just 30 calories a cup, it's a cruchy satisfying snack you can easily budget into your calories for the day.

A baked or microwaved apple sprinkled with cinnamon is also a great treat. If you have a little vanilla yogurt it's like apple pie alamode!

Becky

Great snack ideas.
  • eyegirl777va
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @tenpets Becky, Very cute picture!!!
    Nancy
  • Sandcastles61
    Options
    @tenpets ..... Oh my gosh Becky! You have to be the youngest looking52 year old I have seen in a long time :) Glad you had such a great birthday!

Tami

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Connie if I am not mistaken you have loss quitea bit of weight. you are just a slow loser maybe not as much as you wanted. But a lot before these challenges.. you are one determed gal.

Becky you do not look like a granddmother But a very pretty one. and such cute grandkids.

Nancy you are such a nice person to be around.

Cristina, I am proud for you losing that weiht.

Sunnyfarm good to see you
    hope all had a nice day
    Marie
  • tenpets
    Options
    Tami, Nancy, and Marie. Thank you for your kind words. You are all very sweet <3

Becky
  • tenpets
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Well I'm back from my trip to Disney World. It was really nice to be with so many family members and friends at Disney. There was probably 20-25 people with the majority being kids. All in one big mini-mansion(8 bedroom house).

I returned on Sunday to an upset stomach that lasted 2 days. I guess it's from eating junk food and not as many fruit and veggies that I generally get from my green smoothies.

I felt much better today and got on the scale and surprising I was down 3 lbs from when I weighed in on Thursday!! I am SOOOO thrilled because that brought me to the 150's!! I now weigh 158.2! In December I weighed 186, I'm just amazed!

But for the last 2 months I had been hovering between 161 and 164. I'm not sure what happened to make it move since I ate horribly. I wasn't expecting a loss even though I walked over 10,000 steps a day at the parks.

So for the challenge I'm down a total of 2.8 lbs, my first loss!

Getting closer to my goal of 145 lbs.

I have a new goal to drink 3 L of water a day. Today's my first day and so far I've only gotten 2 L down. I hope to finish the last one before I fall asleep tonight.

I hope everyone had a great night!

Cristina, Congratulations on getting into the 150s!!! I must admit I am a bit jealous of your success. :wink: Is it primarily the green smoothies you attribute your WL to or simply calories in vs calories out? You are really doing great! you and Ray are both down from the 180s! Fabulous :smile:
  • Sandcastles61
    Options
    Wow Cristina.... I don't think I have ever lost weight on vacation. Way to go :)

Tami