Replies

• excellenthabits
    excellenthabits Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YeS YES YES
  • CSlupe11
    CSlupe11 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So true!!! There are so many "quick fixes" out there that people are wasting money on for TEMPORARY results. This is truly an AWESOME post! Thank you.
  • MsPican
    MsPican Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes add me... Marathon not Sprint
  • sperrygrass
    sperrygrass Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great post! So glad I clicked on the title even though I almost didn't. I knew it would be something great!
  • AndiVentry
    AndiVentry Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL POST!!!! I hope it is okay if I share this with my fitness community that is my "support village"... :smiley:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    AndiVentry wrote: »
    WONDERFUL POST!!!! I hope it is okay if I share this with my fitness community that is my "support village"... :smiley:

Most certainly! I'm really glad that it strikes a chord with people! :smiley:
  • dtherio
    dtherio Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If I may ask a silly question, what does VLCD stand for?

Thanks.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    dtherio wrote: »
    If I may ask a silly question, what does VLCD stand for?

Thanks.

@dtherio it means Very Low Calorie Diet

Not a silly question... My bad for not spelling out the acronym in the OP!
  • dtherio
    dtherio Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks. New to the forums here.
  • moonbubbles
    moonbubbles Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This is the hardest thing for me to get through my head.

I'll try to read this every day. Thank you for posting it.
  • amayitux
    amayitux Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    I challenge you to ALLOW YOURSELF...
    - GRACE to lose weight slowly. Adjust your timelines to allow yourself time to change the way you approach food.
    - ROOM to make mistakes... no one can do this perfectly! You will have days where you feel like you have failed. It is OK. Just keep trying.
    - FREEDOM to have those foods you feel you cannot live without. Find a way to fit an occasional treat into your life
    - PERMISSION to love yourself as you are, knowing that you are working towards being healthier.
    - REALISM... set realistic goals for what you want to look like... recognize your body type and see what thinner versions of those body types look like. (If you have a massive chest, you likely won't look like Kate Hudson when you lose your weight!)

This!
  • Curtez
    Curtez Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race
  • kelly1979G
    kelly1979G Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • teeore
    teeore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This is so true and it took me a while to understand this when I started my fitness journey. I remember several times in the past, I would start eating healthy and exercising and would get discouraged when I hadn't lost 20lbs in one month! Very unrealistic, I know. I spent many years in frustration because of this.

Last year with my sister's encouragement, I eventually started slow, eating clean and working out 4 times a week, while only loosing 1 -2lbs (max) a week. I kept at it and before long, I was 20lbs lighter and that's when I eventually understood everything this post was about.
  • amandapowers7211
    amandapowers7211 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Now that's true words of encouragement! Thank you for that. :)
  • earningmybeer
    earningmybeer Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    +1 (sorry no fancy gifs... but yes, that's spot on).
  • GetFitLiveLife
    GetFitLiveLife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread! Really needed this.
  • HoosierBecky
    HoosierBecky Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    <3
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I've always been the one to automatically state that things are scams. Cause they are. All of those "programs", special diets, etc. are just that:scams. The ONLY legitimate way to lose weight the healthy, correct, long-term sustainable way is through a caloric deficit and regular exercise. Not products. I've never bought a single product for weight loss and I've lost 55 lb in 11 months. (Slow weight loss is BEST for sustainability and also for your health -plus it produces better body results). I am baffled at how many people fall for these ridiculous gimmicks.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I've always been the one to automatically state that things are scams. Cause they are. All of those "programs", special diets, etc. are just that:scams. The ONLY legitimate way to lose weight the healthy, correct, long-term sustainable way is through a caloric deficit and regular exercise. Not products. I've never bought a single product for weight loss and I've lost 55 lb in 11 months. (Slow weight loss is BEST for sustainability and also for your health -plus it produces better body results). I am baffled at how many people fall for these ridiculous gimmicks.

You've got it right!