From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Replies

• jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    WOW. You look amazing! Awesome progress, way to go!
  • thefinest416
    thefinest416 Posts: 7 Member
    What an awesome transformation! This one should be made a sticky! You totally changed your body from fat/flabby to fit and toned. Great job!!!
  • DanieRCC
    DanieRCC Posts: 332 Member
    edited May 2015
    What an inspiration, you looking amazing! Way to go :)
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    wow, well done! :smiley:
  • BuckyArden33
    BuckyArden33 Posts: 146 Member
    yup, you sure look good. well done
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Thanks guys! Appreciate it! :smile:
  • GenElizabeth
    What an awesome transformation! This one should be made a sticky! You totally changed your body from fat/flabby to fit and toned. Great job!!!

How awesome would that be! Thank you. :blush:
  • Deleval417
    Deleval417 Posts: 9 Member
    You mention that you work upper and lower in one workout. Did you rest a day in between workouts? If not, how did you prevent overtraining? Thank so much for being so open and helpful with your methodology. You are an inspiration.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I can see how you lost weight...with fish that small. :p Just kidding!

Props on the great progress!
  • imdanshort
    imdanshort Posts: 58 Member
    Poe!
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Amazing... so fit!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Great job! I'm always amazed at how much younger the after pics look!
  • GenElizabeth
    Deleval417 wrote: »
    You mention that you work upper and lower in one workout. Did you rest a day in between workouts? If not, how did you prevent overtraining? Thank so much for being so open and helpful with your methodology. You are an inspiration.

Thank you! Great question and one I haven't heard yet! Yes, I like to do a full body work out everyday.

Usually, in a typical lower OR upper body routine that are done on different days, there would be about 6-8 exercises for the session. I also do 6-8 exercises, but I split them up between lower and upper body and do it in one day. 3-4 moves for lower and 3-4 moves for upper. I changed up the reps/sets often and I don't lift as heavy as I possibly can, I lift a comfortable yet challenging amount that allows me to do it everyday, because that's what I enjoy.

I listen to my body and when I need rest (like yesterday), I take it. I also get 7-9 hrs of sleep per night. I am basically resting all day (sedentary lifestyle) and during the night while I sleep, so I recover well and usually feel very refreshed every morning.

Calorie quality and finding what works best for your body (I gain fat very easily, so I need moderate to lower carbs) is also important to sustain workouts on a consistent basis, as well as ample amounts of water for muscle hydration. I make sure to drink at least 64oz per day and strech before and after each work out.

Hope that helps! :blush:
  • GenElizabeth
    edited May 2015
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    I can see how you lost weight...with fish that small. :p Just kidding!

Props on the great progress!

Thank you!

Haha, I know right?! The cat's out of the bag now. :lol:

And thanks everyone. :blush:
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    You look amazing, congratulations to you! People like you reaffirm my belief that cardio is overrated, which is why I eat at a deficit and do strength training. I will take a nice walk if the weather is nice.
  • GenElizabeth
    edited May 2015
    You look amazing, congratulations to you! People like you reaffirm my belief that cardio is overrated, which is why I eat at a deficit and do strength training. I will take a nice walk if the weather is nice.

Thank you.

Sounds just like me! Very awesome, no reason not to lift on a deficit! Actually, we have every reason to do so, glad to see other women embracing it.
  • Plooty222
    Plooty222 Posts: 76 Member
    So inspiring! You look gorgeous. Congratulations on your hard work!
  • GenElizabeth
    Thank you, Plooty222. :blush:

Here is another different example of what I mean by full body and the split up in exercises. Just finished this and it took 45 mins with some rest between sets.

Lower body (3 exercises today):
    1. Step ups (11 inch step), 3 minutes
    2. Hip thrusts on bench, 3x10 @ 25lbs, with a warm up set (no weight)
    3. Squats, 3x10 @ 15, 25 and 32lbs, with a warm up set (no weight)

Upper body (3 exercises today):
    1. Single arm press up, 3x10 @ 15lbs, each side
    2. Single arm bent over row, 3x10 @ 25lbs, each side
    3. Clean and press, 3x10 @ 32lbs

And that's it! Doing a simple work out like this, allows me to do it everyday. I burn between 200-300 calories per 45 mins, doing these types of routines. Anyone can do it and only a few different pieces of equipment are needed. :smile:
  • ashrinkingqueen
    ashrinkingqueen Posts: 19 Member
    You look amazing! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!