Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Today I finally went grocery shopping for more than bread and honey. It was a beautiful rainbow of colours so I know I did well. I've been so lazy lately and have been grabbing bagels, donuts, burgers and fries, pizza, subs. It's ridiculous how I have just jumped back into my old ways. I made myself step on the scale yesterday... i've lost and gained back the same 5 lbs 3 times now in the past few months. The only good thing is that I'm able to recognize when I'm full and not stuff myself... the only reason I haven't gained 10 this time around.

A got a really nice surprise when I got home. I went up to the spare room to dig out my baseball clothes/gear (my season starts tomorrow-haven't played in 4 or 5 years) and found a huge tote full of clothes! They must have been from a few summers ago. Many clothes were too big, and a lot fit me perfectly! The best thing was I found several summer shirts and capris so I can skip the shopping trip I was going to make next week.

My mom made me a window cat door... cat door inserted into a piece of wood that fits into the open window of my main floor laundry room. Now to teach Lucy how to use it. I googled how to train a cat to use it as she just didn't know what to think of it even after I pushed the flap open to show her how it works. The cat flap is now taped open, and when I got home today she was outside waiting for me. I got her to follow me to the back yard where she ran and hopped up on the chair and jumped through the cat door, then ran to the front door to meet me. What a showoff! :p Next step is to close the flap a little more each day and eventually have her push it open herself.
  • ForMe1979
    ForMe1979 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Nellie I'm 36 yrs old and this is my first truly committed journey to not only weightloss but to getting healthy. I'm at my heaviest 309 lbs as of last week at the doctors. I have been diagnosed with MS. Which I am not going to claim I believe that I will beat this. I have found faith in God and I am trusting in him. He is guiding me and I know through his words that if I do as his words say he will provide for me and my family. I have three teenagers. I want them to see me fight this disease. I also attend college part time as of tomorrow I am going back to work part time and going to start school full time this Summer semester. I feel well right now even though I never know when my "Relaspes" are going to come or what part of my body that they are going to affect but I do know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I would love to meet people on here that has been through this journey or is going through it now so we can guide and join each other for the good times and the bad. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to begin. and how to get through the pop cravings that is one of my biggest hurdles is pop I drink that instead of eating a lot of the time.
    God Bless,
    Nellie
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello All,
    I hope anyone in the bad weather areas is safe and sound.

@Morgori - Thank you for the information on Children's Mental Health day. My son has struggled with depression and chemical dependency since he started puberty. Awareness is so crucial to getting the help they need.

@Tanya949 - I love that you could shop in your closet! Such a great way to save money.

@melifornia - You have shown such dedication to your morning routine. I must admit I am a little envious, but not enough to get a routine of my own.

@jtconst - I am very competitive and I think I would be the same way about my counts. Good for you taking care of yourself.

@Annr - I too hate spiders. I am so glad that my cat loves to hunt!

@jorinya - Yea, on the skinny jeans. Those kind of NSV's are just so sweet!

@NK1112 - Those berries are so very yummy!

@Lauriek70 - Prayers for your dad and all in your family. I am so very glad you and your mom have each other.

@RobinsEgg - Yea, on the insomnia. We just take sleep for granted untill do do not get what we need.

@skinnyjeanzbound - I do have to admit I am envious of your running times. I am so very new to running but I just do not think I will ever get anywhere near your speed. You are an inspiration to me.

@Melwillbehealthy - Hope you figured out the ticker. I miss seeing them at the bottom of everyone's posts. I would "flip" through and just look at the tickers and get so muh inspiration.

@grandmakaye44 - Looking forward to seeing you in the red dress. I'll bet you will look great.

@Gena_Beana - @THINJESSIE - @icanplay3 - @wwh140 - @varieties991 - @ForMe1979
    Welcome to all of you. The best advice I can give to all of you is to start tracking all you eat, drink and all your exercise. The best way to find out what you have to do differently is to figure out what you are doing now.

AFM - Still stressing! The loan money finally came and hubby miscalculated and we are short about $5000.00. So no new flooring and the credit card payment will not go away just yet. I made lists (you all know how I am with those lists) but nooooo, why look at what is on paper. He wanted to take care of everything.

Sister is still being a pill. Any topic I bring up for discussion gets thoroughly "dissed" in but if she brings up the same subject it is fair game. I turned on public radio today just so I would not have to deal with it. I know a lot of this has to do with my frame of mind so I will not hold a grudge.

Sons did their best for Mother's day but 2 minutes with each of them left me a little disappointed. Again it may just be my frame of mind.

Tonight I will go for a 2 mile run. I will stay within my calories. I will go to bed early enough. I will be kind to myself.

Love to all,
    Lori <3

67201008.png

Today's quote:
    It's a slow process but quitting won't speed it up.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

My dad is doing better today but still very weak. He has two infections that he is fighting right now. One is in the urinary track and the other is in his blood stream. He spent the weekend sleeping and was awake today. Hopefully, he will continue to improve.

Welcome to all the new people. Hope you come back often.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hello my peeps. Monday wasn't as hot as I thought it would be, visited my community garden and my spinach is growing well. My tomato plants are still there, and my beans are climbing. Saved a pantsy flower that was growing in the middle of the entry way...must've just been blown by the wind and seeded there. I dug it up and have declared it mine.
    @BohemianCoast I agree wholeheartedly about fitting ale into your journal! :-) We must partake and keep those micro-breweries thriving eh? All of our glasses are beer pints from different breweries around the coast and California area. Yesterday I skyped with the middle son and I wanted to jump thru the screen to hug him!
    @kah68 Oh I totally understand your hesitant feelings about reporting them. Your safeness is your #1 priority!
    @cblue315 Do you rent your cat out? hahaha. My eldest son wished me a Happy Mothers Day at 2am Monday morning.... With his squadron schedule, he lives like a vampire!
    I shall post a recipe I did today...it was really wonderful!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to all of you! I learned some very important things today. That while homemade granola bars ARE fun to make, the numbers are still kind of the same as the store bought ones. Also the quantity you get is more with store bought, than from homemade but MINE look prettier!
    this is what I did:
    in a bowl add:
    2 cups Rice Krispies
    2 cups rolled oats
    1 cup wheat flour
    1 can of Planters Heart Healthy Nut Mix 9.2 oz can
    1/2 a bag of dried "Just Raspberries"
    Ghirardelli 60% Caco chocolate baking chips (10 oz bag)
    2/3 cup cooking oil
    2/3 honey
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    Mix it all up and flatten in a cookie pan with nonstick aluminum foil on it. 325' for 30 min...or until edges are brown.

So it makes about 40 squares...and I put 20 in my frig...and 20 in my freezer!
    Quaker oats big bars
    Son Mine
    Calories 180 150
    fat 6g 9g
    sodium 120mg 10mg
    carbs 30g 19g
    fiber 2 1
    protein 2 2
    sugar 13 12

so I really only see that there is a more sodium in his than mine. Mine look like a dessert bar...and his are kind of dry. I suppose I could have used HALF the bag of the chocolate baking chips but I was afraid to have those things lying around!
  • Gena_Beana
    Gena_Beana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! Well, someone mentioned the best way to see where we need to tweak is to track everything, I'm proud to report that I do just that, and have since I started MFP sometime back in Jan.

Goals - I'm working on a 'running' goal right now. Just started on Friday, when I ran (well really jogged, but ran sounds so much more athletic) 6 min of the total 20 min that I was on the treadmill. I've been walking 2 or 3 min, then running 2 min, then walking, then running and so on. So, yesterday I stuck to 2/2, 2 minutes walking alternating with 2 minutes running. I did 1.14 miles in 20 minutes & ran a total of 8 minutes, out of the 20 I was on the treadmill. I plan to gradually increase the run time and decrease the walk time, until I can run for 20 min, then begin upping it to 30 minutes. After that I'll work on getting 'faster'.

In addition to my treadmill time yesterday, I also did strength training on upper body. This may be a lil too much TMI, but 'aunt flo' came for a visit, and startlingly I had no idea she was scheduled to come. This must be a result of all the good eatin & water drinkin & exercise over the past 5 months!!!

Today is rest day (I always rest on Tuesdays). Thanks for all the welcome's!!!
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info on the ticker. I really did enjoy getting inspired by looking at the success people had.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday,

So yesterday I was chatting with my neighbour and her friend came, who hasn't seen me in a week or so and was impressed with what she saw. She had to look at me a few times to make sure she wasn't seeing things. She asked me if I could help her. So there and then I made a huge decision. I am going to have to work hard to reach this new goal. My new goal is to set up my own weight loss clinic to help other and maybe some men, in their journey to becoming a happier healthier version of them. It means not only do I have to work on myself but also have to stick at it and lead by example. Its gonna take a lot of hard work but I'm gonna do this. The weight loss plan I'm following is expensive and I know lots of women here can't afford it. So I'm gonna do a healthier more affordable package to cater for everyone. Hugh goal!! I know I can do this. As for weight loss goal still the same, weigh less than 79kg by the end of this week. Almost there.
    Oh in case you were interestedmy success story link is below:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10157518/week-five-11kg-down-15kg-to-go-pics#latest
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy International Awareness Day for Chronic Immunological and Neurological Diseases (CIND).

May 12th has been designated as International Awareness Day for Chronic Immunological and Neurological Diseases (CIND) since 1992. The CIND illnesses include Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Fibromyalgia (FM), Gulf War Syndrome (GWS) and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS).
    May 12th was chosen as it is the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was believed to have suffered from ME/CFS. In 2010, a write-up was done to give a history of May 12th.
    Every year a number of events are held to mark May 12th. They will either be held on May 12th or sometime during the month of May. So please mark your calendar and join us on every May 12th and help raise awareness. Event news will be available on Facebook, Twitter and this site. There will be something for everyone!

more info.

Whenever you fall, pick something up. ~Oswald Avery

Tom
  • Morgori
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Anyone know how to delete a post?

11857432.png
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Morgori wrote: »
    Anyone know how to delete a post?

I don't think you can anymore, you can only delete its contents.

• roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How do you get the flag on your stream of total weight lost to date? I was getting discouraged in not meeting my calorie goal so I kind of blew it for a week - only to find out that my fitbit wasn't syncing with myfitnesspal so my exercise wasn't being taken into account in the calculations so I was doing better than I thought. Oh well, back on track now. I love reading everyone's posting here. I wish there was a way to bookmark it or something so it is easier to find. Sounds like everyone had a great Mothers Day. Looking forward to a small vacation in Wisconsin Dells over the Memorial Day Holiday weekend.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    ticker test
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    where do I 'paste' my ticker after copying it? Anyone know? thanks
  • Morgori
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Mel I think the signature part still does not work, so I just paste it at the bottom of my post if I want it to show
    11857432.png

Roserex go to your profile and under My Progress are the Tickers- personalize yours then copy the BBcode and paste it into your post.

• Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    i'm glad someone mentioned the ticker... I find it very motivating. As you can see I'm still struggling to hit Onderland, but I hope this will give me a little kick in the butt.

56708797.png
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Greetings all!

I'm looking for a little guidance from the teachers we have on here. :) Take your child to work day is coming up and I've been tasked with finding them something to create. We're a metrology lab so GD&T is everything (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing). I need a resource to look for some sort of kits of something they can build and take with them. It has to be child safe (duh), quick (they have a lot of other stops to make in the company, instant gratification (not like growing geodes or anything), and cheap (because there'll be a lot of kids). In the past the guys have laser scanned hands, heads, feet, etc.. and they take home a copy of it. This year 4 of the 6 guys have kids attending so we won't have enough to do that. It has to be something that just 2 of us can handle.

I don't have kids (just cats) so this is way beyond my scope. I have no idea where to even start looking or even what to google for that matter. I tried GD&T projects for kids but not surprisingly that was a complete bust.
  • egyptianwaterlily
    egyptianwaterlily Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been on MFP for a while but didn't really take it too seriously and do very well until now. I am trying to make a fresh start because I have realized that this is something I need to do not only for me, but for my daughter. I read that 50% of children with one overweight parent end up overweight and 75% of children with two overweight parents end up overweight. I don't know if that is true or not but it was a wake up call to me! I can't help what my DH does, but I can at least cut down her chances from my side!
    -Rachel
    5190170.png
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    Morgori thanks for the tip. I've been searching the entire site to find where I put my 'signature' and couldn't find it. Now, it makes sense.