Summer Shredders (closed group)

Options

Replies

• irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done easier today i dont know if its just me but my arms are looking a little more toned!

Yes, for sure! And the underarm flab is crazy shrinking! Yesssss!
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done easier today i dont know if its just me but my arms are looking a little more toned!

Yes, for sure! And the underarm flab is crazy shrinking! Yesssss!

Day 5 done!! I too notice that my arms look more toned (at least when I flex them) and my hubby swears that my butt is more lifted and tighter. Hey, I'll take what I can get!! :drinker:
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    yay, i splurged and bought a new Enell sports bra in the right size, and it sure makes a difference. and I moved to Level 2. Much better workout, but some stuff was really hard. Oh and you think natalie is cheating in level 1, you should see her in level 2. Not sure why she's in the video, she looks like she can barely do the strength moves. I know i'm supposed to be sympathetic, "oh it's hard for her", but i expect the people in the videos to be super super fit and have no problem with it. It's not P90X or RushFit with George St. Pierre. It's 20 minutes with only a total of 8 mins of cardio. Let's be honest. a really fit person shouldn't have a problem with it. I do, lol boy do I ever, but i want the people in the video give me hope that one day I won't have a problem with it. lol But that's just my opinion.

Level 2 is hard, my knee does not like it, planks were invented by a sadist. That said, it was a great workout. :D
  • musica814
    Options
    yay, i splurged and bought a new Enell sports bra in the right size, and it sure makes a difference. and I moved to Level 2. Much better workout, but some stuff was really hard. Oh and you think natalie is cheating in level 1, you should see her in level 2. Not sure why she's in the video, she looks like she can barely do the strength moves. I know i'm supposed to be sympathetic, "oh it's hard for her", but i expect the people in the videos to be super super fit and have no problem with it. It's not P90X or RushFit with George St. Pierre. It's 20 minutes with only a total of 8 mins of cardio. Let's be honest. a really fit person shouldn't have a problem with it. I do, lol boy do I ever, but i want the people in the video give me hope that one day I won't have a problem with it. lol But that's just my opinion.

Level 2 is hard, my knee does not like it, planks were invented by a sadist. That said, it was a great workout. :D

I agree, I am not too impressed with Natalie! If I can get through a whole set of lunges without stopping then so should she! Ok...im just bragging now :laugh: the lunges are a killer on my legs though.
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Day 5 complete! For some reason I actually feel like my stamina is going in the wrong direction. I breaked more than usual but on a positive note, my calves don't hurt AS bas as they did yesterday. So happy the weekend is here!!!
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 5. I don't know what it was, but it was SO much easier for me today. I only had to take a break once during both sets of push-ups, twice during the side lunge/eye-level thing, and that was it. I actually did the butt kicks the entire time! I don't know if I'm getting stronger, or if it's because I did it at night this time, or if it's because I wore shorts instead of super long pants, but whatever it was, it worked! (sorry for the comma frenzy lol)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I did no work out yesterday, cause I was too tired and I had a massive headache. I think body was just trying to tell me something so I slept...I wont take Sunday as rest day with you guys... But I do feel so much better this morning...now off to Zumba. Later
  • chrissiviolin
    Options
    I would love to do this - but it says closed group? Does that mean I am too late? I am actually starting my 30DS today. I would love to be a part of this!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this - but it says closed group? Does that mean I am too late? I am actually starting my 30DS today. I would love to be a part of this!

We are on day 5/6...feel free to join...u will just be a bit behind. I will start a new thread for days 10-20 and will eventually post a link. That's for anyone who wants to join in. :)

Day 6 is done for me. Yes, I just noticed Natalie's mistake today! Too funny! Oh well, I guess it shows that we are all human, even them. Bet the producers didn't even noticed it until after it was released. Lol!
  • kam81
    kam81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Finished day 5....sooo much better again. Still can't do the arm raises during the side lunges for the entire time. :)

Can't say I noticed Natalie's mistake. I guess I tend to listen to more than watch the video. I will have to check it out.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Well everyone, i can finally say.... I DID IT! L3D10 DONE!!!! I did days 1-30 straight through, no rest days. I will say it again, if i can do this, you all can do it as well. It hasnt been easy, but thanks to all of MFP friends and the fact that its only 25 minutes a day, i have done it. Since i have already had breakfast and a pot of coffee, i will wait and post my measurements first thing tomorrow morning. And I did take before pics, so if i can figure out how to post them ill post to help motivate. Keep it up everyone, your doing amazing and you will feel so empowered when you are done!!!
  • chrissiviolin
    Options
    Day 1 is complete:) Not as hard as I thought but maybe tomorrow when I am sore I will think differently! lol. I have started doing sets of pushups in the morning and at night so that part was actually easy for me. I really hope this helps, I have been on such a plateau for a while and I am just tired of being *stuck* at the same weight! Which reminds me, I should take before and after pics...that will help motivate me :o)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done....wasnt as bad as before...I think the day rest worked...
    I also did Zumba Cardio Live DVD for 55 mins...I have a BBQ tonight so I'm making sure I have some extra calorie burn :drinker:
  • jmcjamie
    jmcjamie Posts: 82
    Options
    just finished day 6 did the whole video without stopping this time but im still doing pushups on my knees my husband said i look hot first time he seen me do the workout and said it looks brutal and julians a beast!
  • musica814
    Options
    Well everyone, i can finally say.... I DID IT! L3D10 DONE!!!! I did days 1-30 straight through, no rest days. I will say it again, if i can do this, you all can do it as well. It hasnt been easy, but thanks to all of MFP friends and the fact that its only 25 minutes a day, i have done it. Since i have already had breakfast and a pot of coffee, i will wait and post my measurements first thing tomorrow morning. And I did take before pics, so if i can figure out how to post them ill post to help motivate. Keep it up everyone, your doing amazing and you will feel so empowered when you are done!!!

Great job you must feel awesome!!! I can't wait to see your results, I will be eagerly awaiting them :drinker:
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am taking a rest day. I went to the gym and after 10 min walking somewhat leasurely on the treadmill I was done. I think I'm quickly approaching the overtraining zone. So today I lounge around and for once won't think about working out and losing weight. Tomorrow's another day. I've got 114 lbs to lose yet, I can't stay focused this long without burning out. So rest it is.
  • CosmoValley
    Options
    Day 5 done! I had to take yesterday off my left knee was killing me! Think I over did it the day before. Much better today!
  • better_days_ahead
    better_days_ahead Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Took a rest day today since I 'm out of town. Yesterday though, my shins and calves were not as burning sore. I stretched them out a little more before starting.

Back at it tomorrow!

You guys are doing great, keep up the fantastic work!
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I fell asleep before i got to it yesterday. Today, though... today, I owned day 5. Yay!
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Day 6 is done. Much easier. I did the bicycle crunches all the way through. :)