Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »

Hopefully you ended up with a good car? Or still looking? Good luck to you! Car troubles are not fun!

I ended up with exactly what I wanted and knew that going in :) I was even pre-qualified for the loan. The car dealership was just having issues that day.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 05/14
    1. log :)
    2. exercise :)
    3. keep it low carb :)
    4. evening vitamins :( once again, didn't even cross my mind

I really would like to see a loss tomorrow, but it would be a pipe dream considering how poorly I was eating the previous week. :) I DID!!!!!

Just for Today 05/15
    1. DO NOT TAKE ON A WEEKEND ATTITUDE
    2. log, log, log
    3. exercise
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    yesterday , thursday, 5/14
    1. 2 glasses of water with each meal, 2 glasses in between to equal 8 glasses of water :)
    2. some protein with every meal! :)
    3. Brush my teeth at 9pm -- no more food! :)

Just for today, friday, 5/15
    A repeat of yesterday!!
    1. 2 glasses of water w/each meal; 2 glasses in between
    2. protein with every meal
    3. Brush teeth at 9pm - no more food

Drinking the 2 glasses of water w/each meal has really helped me to get in my water!

Hope you all have a great friday!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Thursday:
    1. 12,000 steps :)
    2. lift heavy things/garden :)
    3. under 100 G carbs :smiley:

Friday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. dance!
    3. 10 freggies
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    @azulvioleta6 - Congrats! What type of car did you get. It truly sucks how long that process takes. We had an appointment at noon to look at a car, I finally left the dealership after 7. :open_mouth:

Once I decided what I wanted, it was really quick. I put in what I though would be an opening bid by text at 5:00, by 8:00 I was driving away. They accepted my first bid, which I thought was REALLY low. I've never dealt with a car dealership before and was kind of surprised how easy it was. The hard part was having already spent 8 hours looking at/comparing other cars.

I got a Blue 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 with 93,000 miles on it. Not nearly as cool as the red Mustang that got wrecked, but still kind of zippy.

Those are good cars.

I hope so! Buying a car when you don't have much money is pretty stressful.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options

@feistyjojo: LOVE your new profile photo!!!!! Where were you for that? That's not part of your job/work is it? Anyway, how absolutely fun!!!
    Thanks. It's a wildlife sanctuary in Namibia that I've volunteered at 3 times so far... and will hopefully go again this year. I love it!
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »

Friday's goals:
    - bust a gut at bootcamp. I need the exercise and release after a very busy week with no time to work out ☺
    - hit calorie target, even with the 2 glasses of wine I will allow myself tomorrow night.
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    So.. did really well at bootcamp.
    Then got so stressed with work and just couldn't get it all done and have had such a busy week.
    So will have to do a few hours tomorrow which really cheesed me off (I work for myself so no one to blame but me). So was feeling tired and grumpy so had a chocolate cake at the coffee shop whilst working with a colleague.
    That helped to take me 150 over calorie target. Boo.

And.... given the week I've had and how I sometimes used to react to situations like that, it's ok.
  • feistyjojo
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Saturday's goals:
    - Clear all work by 1pm so I can enjoy the rest of my weekend
    - get my gardening done: After going to garden centre, build the 'fruit cage', plant veggies and sweet peas, weed beds, tie back the raspberries. This will count as my exercise for the day
    - Hit calorie goal
    - Remember I'm doing well overall (lost 17 lbs now, 14 to go) and I CAN do this by my target date
    :-)
  • lian27chime
    lian27chime Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Eat just mangoes all day
  • lian27chime
    lian27chime Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Eat just mangoes and other fruits for just one day. Never done this in my whole life, I'll give it a try
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today ( Friday May 15)
    1. Walk at least 1 hour :smile:
    2. Stick to 1200 calories :smile:
    3. Laundry and housework :smile:

Just for today ( Saturday May 16)
    Have to work all day tomorrow at an outdoor event so things will be challenging today.
    1. Pack food and drinks and avoid greasy fair fare.
    2. Try to find time to walk
    3. Log food and stick to 1200 calories
    4. Don't get sunburned.

• CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's goal, drink my water target. Achieved.

Today's goal: Not to go above my calorie limits (always struggle at weekends)
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Weekends can be all over the place for me but I pre-tracked some meals for Saturday so that'll take off some stress.

Today I will:
    Stay 2 steps ahead of my cravings.
    Drink 8 + cups of water.
    Journal
    Walked 60min this am-done!
    Be patient with others-breath.
    Go to bed by 9:30.
    Motivate my kids to do something active.
  • Jille0
    Jille0 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread! Just what I need to help focus on my goals!

Today I will:

Eat healthy foods that I have prepared at home.
    Drink at least 80 oz of water (drinking enough water on weekends seems to be a challenge for me).
    Complete at least 30 minutes of cardio exercise.
  • njlosingweight
    njlosingweight Posts: 17 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    from yesterday

May 15. Today I will:

*Plan ahead for cocktail party I am going to tonight. :* planned but had epic fail at party...alcohol is sinful...note to self...alcohol makes me want to eat poppers!!!!
    *Log all food :*
    * drink extra glass of water 3x a day 11,2,5 :*
    * walk 10,000 steps :) almost...9700 is good enough
    * aerobics class at gym :)

Plan in place but plan not implemented correctly. But it was just one 2 hour period so in the scope of things I can move forward. In the past I would have not gotten back on track but my mindset is different now.

May 16th
    *today I will log food and stay within limits
    *7000+ steps
    *be kind and forgiving of myself and not dwell on failures
    *drink my water
  • danaberge
    danaberge Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will not let Saturday night derail my calorie goal. Just for today there will T-storms all night so after work I will not make any excuses and get on my stationary bike for at least an hour. Just for today.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Friday:
    1. 12,000 steps :neutral:
    2. dance! :smile:
    3. 10 freggies :smiley:

Saturday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. heavy gardening
    3. under 100 G carbs
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Saturday's goals:
    - Clear all work by 1pm so I can enjoy the rest of my weekend ☺
    - get my gardening done: After going to garden centre, build the 'fruit cage', plant veggies and sweet peas, weed beds, tie back the raspberries. This will count as my exercise for the day ☺ mostly done
    - Hit calorie goal
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Didn't hit calorie goal. Had a completely pointless choc ice (I wasn't even hungry!!) after lunch. And chose to enjoy a couple of beers and wine this evening as my one completely kick back thing all weekend. Without the choc ice I would have hit target.

Learnig: Really, really check if I want/need a 'treat' before eating it. If it do... thoroughly enjoy it, rather than eating it without savouring and just wasting calories!