Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    jgriffit91 wrote: »
    I can say "it's a marathon, not a sprint" -- that I'm short and close to my goal weight, and trying to build strength at the same time, so even when I'm keeping to my diet and training perfectly it should take me a month+ to see non-trivial losses in scale weight (especially given that I have one of those crappy dial scales.) Even then, every time I step on the scale/look in the mirror/put on pants, I get scared that I'm not "really" losing fat because I'm mismeasuring my intake or metabolism somehow and that any results I notice are wishful thinking or daily fluctuations.

Do other people have this problem, or am I just neurotic?

It's not just you. I'm 5'2" and only have about 10 lbs to lose, and since I'm not perfect with my food every day it takes FOREVER to see any results. It is frustrating, but thankfully I like working out so I just keep going. Plus I tell myself that even if I can't see any changes, I know I'm healthier inside :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I confess if you are a walker/jogger/cyclist (yes, even cyclists....) that talks on your phone WITHOUT a Bluetooth or even a wired headset, chances are I want to slap the phone out of your hand for how ridiculous you look holding that device up to your head during a 'workout'. Don't have a Bluetooth or you're technology challenged? Fine. Most phones come with a headset right out of the box. Plug it in and USE IT. Better yet.... save the poor soul on the other end from your non-stop drivel in labored form (oh how pleasant that heavy breathing must sound) and call them afterwards.

Unless it's an emergency I refuse to be on the receiving end of those calls. If I can tell someone is doing something else or is preoccupied, I tell them to call me back later, then hang up. Doesn't happen often because very few people call me and the ones who do know how I am about that. But, as in your example, I often wonder who would put up with that?

LOL... good question. I know I wouldn't nor would I subject someone else to such torture.
    It wasn't more than a week ago while cycling home I saw a lady riding her bike.... up a somewhat steep hill.... with head cocked to the side and her cell phone literally pinned between her shoulder and ear so she could pedal up the hill and still keep both hands on the handlebars..... pardon me but WTH... did I just SEE that ?!?!

What did 5 fingers say to the face? *SLAP*

How does that not KILL your neck?! I have a shoulder rest on my work phone and with my cell phone I never hold it up to my ear with my shoulder. Granted I have 3 vertebrae in my neck turned the wrong way and I get monthly massages to deal with the kinks in my neck and the chain reaction in my shoulders and back, but I can't imagine working out (attempting to do something good for your body) and then damaging your neck at the same time. I suppose some phone calls just can't wait.

Some people talk for the simple sake of hearing their own mouth run. LMAO >_<

The people that get me are the ones who talk on their cellphone while they're in a public restroom in the stall doing their number one or number two. I guess to each their own.

I heard/saw someone do this at the gym once. Just continued talking as she peed, and then flushed. If I was on the phone with someone and heard all that, I wouldn't be too impressed. Really, you can call me back!
    Yeah, my husband does it too, on the phone to me. Sometimes I won't realise until he says "Yup, just finishing up some paperwork here", and I suddenly know he's not talking about work. Eugh!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Daily confession.

My husband's daughter's boyfriend broke up with her on Mother's Day and she is "living" with us now. I put living in quotes because since last Tuesday, she's stayed the night once or twice, the rest of the nights (she works evenings) she doesn't bother coming home or even calling to say she's not going to be home. I understand she's an adult being 19, but I also expect her to show us some gratitude and respect for taking her and her cat in when she didn't really have anywhere else to go. Although, she must have SOMEWHERE to sleep since she's not sleeping in our house.

I am fully miffed about the whole thing because I feel like she is using us to store her stuff and take care of her cat. I have asked my husband to talk to her, but I'm sure he won't since he doesn't like confrontation and she's just now coming into our lives after not being allowed to see us for the past 14 years and he doesn't want to do anything to jeopardize that.

I am upset and hurt and don't know what to do. :/

Ugh. I'm sorry, but I always say the damage is done once kids are that age. My kids are 21 and 20. When they are staying with me, they LET ME KNOW if they are coming home or not, early in the evening. It's not always asking for permission, it's common courtesy.

My husband has 2 kids, a 16 year old son and a 12 year old daughter. We haven't seen the son since we got married. His mother told him it was perfectly acceptable for him to disrespect us and go against the rules we set in place. My husband told him, No, it's not. He's opted to consider me the antichrist for having rules and refuses to even speak to his father. That damage was done, he is his mother's child and there's nothing we can do to change it at this point. The JUDGE even told his mother in court earlier this year that she found it to be a sad state of affairs when a 15 year old (at the time) boy is allowed to call all the shots. Yep.

That's what this all boils down to, respect or lack thereof.

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I confess I am taking my dog to be neutered on Friday. I don't feel bad at all. In fact I am really looking forwards to seeing how many things he walks into while he's wearing the cone of shame.
    (I'm awful I know)

IMO it's being responsible.

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I've fallen off big time lately, and now I'm confused on how to get back. I've looked at the TDEE method but I'm so confused on that, but I can't do the 1200 MFP keeps setting for me. I really don't want to put up a new post about it but may just have to...

What I've started doing since getting back on track is set my calories to maintenance. Sometimes I'm under by a lot, sometimes a little (or none) but I quite like doing it this way. Makes it more flexible, and sometimes I'm less likely to anack
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I have to add that I think it is NOT selfish at all to realize you do not want children. What is selfish is to have children you do not want, just because you are 'supposed' to, and then treat them as such.

The whole point of my last post was that I really wanted to be a mother, I do not think my life would be complete without it, but, it is not for everyone, and should not be taken lightly, nor should be taken on because of pressure.

This made me feel awesome. I don't want kids. I just don't. I donate to children's charities occassionally and I would risk my own life to protect someone else's kid without a second thought*. But having my own is just not something I want.

*I actually have a problem with going to the grocery store and if a parent walks away from the cart, I will stand next to it until they come back. I know it creeps some people out, but it only takes a SECOND for a kidnapping to happen and I worry about that stuff.

My husband and I don't want kids. He has a 14 year old from a previous relationship, and she's awesome, but we don't want kids of our own. What drives me bonkers is when I say I don't want kids because I don't really have an affinity for them, and people give me the old "It's different when they're your own". What, so I should pop out a baby I don't want, and just hope I like it once it's here? That's a recipe for disaster!

I consider those cases either as:
    1. Misery loves company. (not saying raising children is miserable, but sometimes people are jealous of those who don't have the responsibilities of kids)
    2. Some people truly believe (in error, IMHO) that life is not complete without reproducing.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    @Alatariel75 :blush: It just needed to be said...

Confession #1: I couldn't leave the thread. There has been too much awesome support and too many valid discussions.

Confession #2: I totally judged @riinbale for their post. Sometimes it is not WHAT you say but HOW you say it and I feel they said it wrong.

Confession #3: I am happy to report that Dale, the diabetic at my job that I complained about earlier, will now be reporting to Kim(our main staff nurse) for regular monthly check ups and diet education as part of our Employee Health and Wellness and Early Intervention programs at the request of the lieutenant and the insistence of his own girlfriend. While it is not mandatory or remotely required for him to keep his job, I hope he takes full advantage of the opportunity and I am sincerely hoping for improvements in his health and job performance.

:)

Actually, @Italian_Buju Your perspective is what made me discuss different options for Dale with the sergeants and then our nurse Kim got involved and that's how we came up with the plan. You made me take a step back and think, "Maybe EVERYONE(even the sergeants who also have diabetes) is being as judgmental as I am and no one has actually considered that he might benefit from some form of REAL support instead of judgmental looks and suggestions."

We had our monthly meeting and discussed some stuff and Kim said she has an open door and is willing to meet with everyone on a monthly basis so Dale will not be alone in receiving check ups and education on better health. The whole department is able to benefit and hopefully this will lead to less sick days used and more available vacation!

That is awesome! Good for you and for everyone else who will now benefit from this.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I never really considered having children, even when I was going through the whole pre-cana thing pre-marriage. I was all "if it happens, it happens", not thinking it would happen. And I was thinking that mostly because I'd been kind of promiscuous before I met my husband with nary a pregnancy scare. Well, wouldn't you know I got pregnant on my honeymoon. LOL Now, I love my son with all my heart; he is the light of my life. Do I want more? Not even a little bit.

My husband keeps saying he wants to adopt or foster, so my son will have a brother. I DO NOT want another child. I am 45 years old next week, we live in a tiny house, and honestly, I just don't want to raise another kid. I am satisfied with my small family, even if that means my son is an only. Sometimes I think I'm being selfish, but that's just how I feel.

Is anyone an only child or have an only child? Am I damaging my kid? :/

I'm not an only child, but my best friend is. She also had an abusive mother and her parents divorced when she was around 10. She grew up with her dad, and eventually gained a step mother & siblings. She is very successful. She worked her butt off through school, went to Germany for a year and is now a nurse at a local children's hospital. She is now married and has 2 kids of her own (third on the way). I think she is very happy with her life, and although she didn't have siblings growing up, she had friends to turn to (and still does).

So no, I don't think you're screwing up your child at all :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I have to add that I think it is NOT selfish at all to realize you do not want children. What is selfish is to have children you do not want, just because you are 'supposed' to, and then treat them as such.

The whole point of my last post was that I really wanted to be a mother, I do not think my life would be complete without it, but, it is not for everyone, and should not be taken lightly, nor should be taken on because of pressure.

This made me feel awesome. I don't want kids. I just don't. I donate to children's charities occassionally and I would risk my own life to protect someone else's kid without a second thought*. But having my own is just not something I want.

*I actually have a problem with going to the grocery store and if a parent walks away from the cart, I will stand next to it until they come back. I know it creeps some people out, but it only takes a SECOND for a kidnapping to happen and I worry about that stuff.

I've never wanted children. I've always known that, since I was very young. I never played with dollies. I am not maternal in the slightest. I am very lazy. i want to have lie ins, and stay on the sofa drinking coffee, or chuck my passport in my handbag and just go to the airport (i've done that a few times, and once when i took my dog on a ferry to Spain and then drove across it). But generally, I don't like children, don't want to be around them.

When my younger sister was pregnant, I was really excited to be an Auntie. I planned to do all the cool auntie things, buy loud toys and have trips to the zoo. I was there when my nephew was born and fell in love with him from the first moment.

Unfortunately, my sister is an oxygen thief and a total waste of space. Social Services were involved all the way along (due to her age) and when my nephew was 6 months old, they removed him from her care and put him in the care of my mum. My mum and I share now share legal custody of him (he's 2 now) and she rarely sees him.

When i was working in Devon, he lived half the week with my parents and half the week with me. Now i work in London in the week, I drive 200 miles home every Thursday night. I do swimming with him and his class at school on a Friday morning, and he stays with me from Friday to Sunday, when i drive back to London. He is exhausting and I am having to learn patience, which is not easy, particularly when small children don't come naturally. My office/gym room is now a small boy's bedroom, (i was heartbroken to sell my treadmill. i still miss it) all decorated for him and full of toys. We've always bought things in pairs so he has one at grandma's house and one at Auntie's.

Here's my confession:
    I resent my sister hugely for dropping this burden on me, and my mum. We were in the process of getting ready to emigrate to Spain and now that dream is gone. I have to organise my whole life around supporting my parents and ensuring they get a break, 2 year olds are hard work. My parents already raised 6 of us. My partners and I have to organise our weekends, holidays and social lives to take account of school holidays and having Charlie. I miss the peace and quiet of my house. I miss the tidiness. I'm generally a solitary creature and loved the solitude of my house.

My mum was also recently diagnosed with skin cancer and will be undergoing a major operation this summer before radiotherapy. The care burden for my nephew, and her while she is bed bound, falls on my dad, who also works. That means i need to be home every weekend to try and lighten that load as much as i can.

to be clear: I do not resent my nephew in any way. I absolutely adore him, he is my world and my priority. He is the reason i work 200 miles from home (i can earn better money in London, and can afford to ensure he has everything he needs, and nice trips to the zoo etc. He does bring me such joy and happiness and he is the total light of my life.

But, i cannot help missing my Saturday morning boxing class, or my sunday morning lie in. I miss being able to book a holiday without a thought about money or child care. I resent that i spend 6 hours of my weekend, every weekend, driving. I feel overwhelmed by responsibilities all the time. My whole life has changed, through choices i didn't make. (Not strictly true, because i chose to to fight for custody of him, with my mum, and i promised my mum i would help her and support her). Charlie being fostered/adopted outside of the family was never an option in my mind). And mostly, i feel selfish for these thoughts and resentments.

everyone always said I would feel different about having kids, if they were my own. I don't think i would. And i was never prepared to risk having a child, just to find out. Thats not fair on the kid. But now I've got one (sort of) and i need to be a parent to him. All I can do is my best. And he will never ever know how i feel about his mother, or the loss of my freedom and independence.

TL;DR if you know you don't want children, good for you, stick to your guns and don't let the earth mothers try and tell you differently.

ETA: Charlie was my reason and motivation for starting my weightloss journey in the beginning. I wanted to be able to run around after him and keep up with him. I didn't want him to be ashamed of his fat auntie and have other kids tease him about me. I also do challenges as a way of teaching him that you have to work hard for things, that its the effort that you put in that counts.

I don't think I can come up with a response to how much I admire you for this. This is amazing and pretty much made me speechless, but I had to quote and acknowledge it. Charlie is truly blessed. Thank you for what you are doing and for sharing this with us.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Daily confession.

My husband's daughter's boyfriend broke up with her on Mother's Day and she is "living" with us now. I put living in quotes because since last Tuesday, she's stayed the night once or twice, the rest of the nights (she works evenings) she doesn't bother coming home or even calling to say she's not going to be home. I understand she's an adult being 19, but I also expect her to show us some gratitude and respect for taking her and her cat in when she didn't really have anywhere else to go. Although, she must have SOMEWHERE to sleep since she's not sleeping in our house.

I am fully miffed about the whole thing because I feel like she is using us to store her stuff and take care of her cat. I have asked my husband to talk to her, but I'm sure he won't since he doesn't like confrontation and she's just now coming into our lives after not being allowed to see us for the past 14 years and he doesn't want to do anything to jeopardize that.

I am upset and hurt and don't know what to do. :/

Ugh. I'm sorry, but I always say the damage is done once kids are that age. My kids are 21 and 20. When they are staying with me, they LET ME KNOW if they are coming home or not, early in the evening. It's not always asking for permission, it's common courtesy.

My husband has 2 kids, a 16 year old son and a 12 year old daughter. We haven't seen the son since we got married. His mother told him it was perfectly acceptable for him to disrespect us and go against the rules we set in place. My husband told him, No, it's not. He's opted to consider me the antichrist for having rules and refuses to even speak to his father. That damage was done, he is his mother's child and there's nothing we can do to change it at this point. The JUDGE even told his mother in court earlier this year that she found it to be a sad state of affairs when a 15 year old (at the time) boy is allowed to call all the shots. Yep.

That's what this all boils down to, respect or lack thereof.

I'd say discuss it with the hubby, firmly. Come to an agreement then as a unified front take your requirements to your step-daughter with him taking the lead. And if needed, give her the (insert: subtle/stiff) reminder you both are doing her the favor. Sure there may be some heartburn on both sides but it should clear the air for everyone involved. *cross fingers*
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Another rather lame confession: I haven't the slightest idea what to do with my hair. I haven't had short hair since I was a baby just starting to grow it. I wish I had the courage to chop it up or do something with it, but I'm just scared of making it look worse. It's extremely wavy (and in my opinion, not the good kind of wavy!!!) and hard to manage, so I just straighten it all the time to make it easier for me to deal with, at least. It also wants to always be parted in the middle. I went to see a hair stylist last year and she told me that my hair was "refusing to be parted down the side." Dumb hair.

My sister has experimented with all kinds of cuts and colors (well, all shades of red), and I wish I could be more like her. For some reason I'm just too scared.

Have you ever tried a diffuser on your hair and do you use gel?
    I looked up diffusers- they go on the end of blowdryers? I always let my hair dry naturally, and never use gel either :tongue: No gel, hairspray, or anything... though I probably should get something to protect my hair from the heat when I straighten it.

There are times I like my hair, like when I wake up and think I have ok looking waves for once. The bad thing is I can't brush my hair lest it turn into a frizzy mess. Someone on Facebook actually shared an image that shows what it's like for me. Before brushing and after brushing:

rw8u5to7mp70.jpg

Before I started straightening my hair, I had a friend who would always ask me why I never brushed my hair. I WAS brushing my hair, but it was coming out looking like the picture on the right!!! (but worse) :tired_face:

People that don't have curly hair don't *get* curly hair. I didn't own a brush until I was in my 20s. Didn't need one. I comb it after I washed it, apply some gel/curl enhancing stuff and don't touch it for the rest of the day. I still rarely use a brush, unless it's going in a ponytail right after.

Also, I don't get people's obsession with other individual's hair. I wore it down I'd get "Why don't you put your hair up?" Start wearing it up I get "Why don't you ever wear it down?". I get "Why don't you ever straighten your hair?" Because it's a pain and wrecks my hair and I like sleeping in. That's why. Leave me and my hair alone. *insert grumpy face*
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of asparagus pee? Apparently, everyone's pee smells after eating asparagus but not everyone can smell it. I can, it's strong. I thought everyone could. My husband can't and neither can my parents. They all looked at me like I was crazy. I think they might be right because I have had this conversation twice in the last month or so. The 1st was at an annual girls weekend where we always talk about crazy stuff.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/why-pee-smells-funny-eat-asparagus

I assumed every one could as well. I think most people I know can smell it (those that I'd discuss it with, anyway lol). I think it's strong too
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Busy morning here! I will have to try and get back and comment but what a great group of people! :smile:

Here is another preliminary study that I stumbled across after someone sent me a different article. Interesting.
    It talks about food being in plain sight versus food being behind cupboard doors. There have not been enough studies to draw conclusions but I found this interesting.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/05/18/403364557/how-we-store-food-at-home-could-be-linked-to-how-much-we-eat

Edit to add: In my opinion they might find some relationship between food sitting in view and eating more. I know when I have chocolate covered espresso beans on my desk for my staff I eat them all day long! Now I want some chocolate covered espresso beans!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess if you are a walker/jogger/cyclist (yes, even cyclists....) that talks on your phone WITHOUT a Bluetooth or even a wired headset, chances are I want to slap the phone out of your hand for how ridiculous you look holding that device up to your head during a 'workout'. Don't have a Bluetooth or you're technology challenged? Fine. Most phones come with a headset right out of the box. Plug it in and USE IT. Better yet.... save the poor soul on the other end from your non-stop drivel in labored form (oh how pleasant that heavy breathing must sound) and call them afterwards.

Unless it's an emergency I refuse to be on the receiving end of those calls. If I can tell someone is doing something else or is preoccupied, I tell them to call me back later, then hang up. Doesn't happen often because very few people call me and the ones who do know how I am about that. But, as in your example, I often wonder who would put up with that?

LOL... good question. I know I wouldn't nor would I subject someone else to such torture.
    It wasn't more than a week ago while cycling home I saw a lady riding her bike.... up a somewhat steep hill.... with head cocked to the side and her cell phone literally pinned between her shoulder and ear so she could pedal up the hill and still keep both hands on the handlebars..... pardon me but WTH... did I just SEE that ?!?!

What did 5 fingers say to the face? *SLAP*

How does that not KILL your neck?! I have a shoulder rest on my work phone and with my cell phone I never hold it up to my ear with my shoulder. Granted I have 3 vertebrae in my neck turned the wrong way and I get monthly massages to deal with the kinks in my neck and the chain reaction in my shoulders and back, but I can't imagine working out (attempting to do something good for your body) and then damaging your neck at the same time. I suppose some phone calls just can't wait.

Some people talk for the simple sake of hearing their own mouth run. LMAO >_<

The people that get me are the ones who talk on their cellphone while they're in a public restroom in the stall doing their number one or number two. I guess to each their own.

I heard/saw someone do this at the gym once. Just continued talking as she peed, and then flushed. If I was on the phone with someone and heard all that, I wouldn't be too impressed. Really, you can call me back!
    Yeah, my husband does it too, on the phone to me. Sometimes I won't realise until he says "Yup, just finishing up some paperwork here", and I suddenly know he's not talking about work. Eugh!

Yeah, I admit I do it when I'm at home sometimes, not in a public restroom though. I always mute when I'm doing business or flushing. LOL
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I've fallen off big time lately, and now I'm confused on how to get back. I've looked at the TDEE method but I'm so confused on that, but I can't do the 1200 MFP keeps setting for me. I really don't want to put up a new post about it but may just have to...

What I've started doing since getting back on track is set my calories to maintenance. Sometimes I'm under by a lot, sometimes a little (or none) but I quite like doing it this way. Makes it more flexible, and sometimes I'm less likely to anack
    Is that just setting MFP to maintain or do you do any calculating? I think I'm going to try that for a bit so I can get a grip on things.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

So sorry :disappointed:
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Another rather lame confession: I haven't the slightest idea what to do with my hair. I haven't had short hair since I was a baby just starting to grow it. I wish I had the courage to chop it up or do something with it, but I'm just scared of making it look worse. It's extremely wavy (and in my opinion, not the good kind of wavy!!!) and hard to manage, so I just straighten it all the time to make it easier for me to deal with, at least. It also wants to always be parted in the middle. I went to see a hair stylist last year and she told me that my hair was "refusing to be parted down the side." Dumb hair.

My sister has experimented with all kinds of cuts and colors (well, all shades of red), and I wish I could be more like her. For some reason I'm just too scared.

Have you ever tried a diffuser on your hair and do you use gel?
    I looked up diffusers- they go on the end of blowdryers? I always let my hair dry naturally, and never use gel either :tongue: No gel, hairspray, or anything... though I probably should get something to protect my hair from the heat when I straighten it.

There are times I like my hair, like when I wake up and think I have ok looking waves for once. The bad thing is I can't brush my hair lest it turn into a frizzy mess. Someone on Facebook actually shared an image that shows what it's like for me. Before brushing and after brushing:

rw8u5to7mp70.jpg

Before I started straightening my hair, I had a friend who would always ask me why I never brushed my hair. I WAS brushing my hair, but it was coming out looking like the picture on the right!!! (but worse) :tired_face:

People that don't have curly hair don't *get* curly hair. I didn't own a brush until I was in my 20s. Didn't need one. I comb it after I washed it, apply some gel/curl enhancing stuff and don't touch it for the rest of the day. I still rarely use a brush, unless it's going in a ponytail right after.

Also, I don't get people's obsession with other individual's hair. I wore it down I'd get "Why don't you put your hair up?" Start wearing it up I get "Why don't you ever wear it down?". I get "Why don't you ever straighten your hair?" Because it's a pain and wrecks my hair and I like sleeping in. That's why. Leave me and my hair alone. *insert grumpy face*

I agree! I never brush my hair or use a hairdryer either. I have thin hair too so it doesn't usually take too long to dry. I use mousse or gel and then I'm off. Sometimes, I don't even look at my hair again. I'll catch a glance later and think, ugh, my hair looks like crap today. I used to straighten it a lot but hated the damage it did.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of asparagus pee? Apparently, everyone's pee smells after eating asparagus but not everyone can smell it. I can, it's strong. I thought everyone could. My husband can't and neither can my parents. They all looked at me like I was crazy. I think they might be right because I have had this conversation twice in the last month or so. The 1st was at an annual girls weekend where we always talk about crazy stuff.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/why-pee-smells-funny-eat-asparagus

I assumed every one could as well. I think most people I know can smell it (those that I'd discuss it with, anyway lol). I think it's strong too

(If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down) #meetthefockers

Asparagus pee is def not the time you should let the yellow, mellow. :expressionless:

Regarding kids and reference to the movie... I had my daughter saying 'if it's brown, let it mellow'. I used to laugh so hard at this. Mainly cuz SHE never understood the humor but would belt it out at random.

I also had her calling the video game Call of Duty... Call of Dookie! I laughed even harder at that. Sooo much funny my ribs were hurting.
  • nightingale702
    nightingale702 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

That is so smart of you!
  • RossinMaine
    RossinMaine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    kikiboniki wrote: »
    I keep a scale in the bathroom and weigh myself before and after I poop. This morning I lost 1.2 pounds in about 2 minutes.

LOL

Ha! I'm NOT the only one :wink: