20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Morning folks, I feel great today notice my back not hurting as it usually does. Maybe this vegan diet might be the reasons . Will be keeping an eye on on it
    Breakfast this morning will be steel cut oatmeal and a banana, coffee
    Life is getting better everyday for me.

Connie I am praying you have found your problems, I see no reasons why you are not losing faster got to be a way.

Have a great day misfits

<3 marie

Thanks, Marie! We have to keep trying to figure out what's best for our bodies until we get it right. I would have never done this in the past...that's why I'm still fat. I would never try to figure it out. I would just quit.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone!!

just had such a yummy breakfast, egg white oatmeal pancake. I started to grind up my oatmeal and blend the ingredients together, makes more of an airy pancake:) added little baking powder, light and fluffy! off to lift weights.

Janice, good to see you!! just keep an eye on green beans and keep moving them around so the cook evenly. I sprayed them with olive oil spray and put some garlic pepper seasoning on them, delicious!!

Connie, stay strong!! sounds like you have your head back in the game and a new plan! when does it all begin? are you enjoying the quest protein powder? I really like the peanut butter also and have heard vanilla is really good as well.

Marie, sounds like all is well by you!!

have a great day!! think I'm going to take my daughter out tonight, it was really quiet last night:( I actually eat better when we go out!! there is no grazing and I order healthy!! my problem is my own kitchen, my own pantry:(

Stephanie
  • lovesretirement
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @slw19 Yes, my head is back in the game! :) I will begin June1 and give it 4-6weeks. I do enjoy the Quest protein powder and usually try to have it post workout. B)

@SeeAhtter787 You are having great success! What does your eating plan consist of and how many calories?
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I've been so busy lately. I spent a week in Augusta for a certification course. That was mentally challenging due to the amount of Information and the long hours of lectures and studying but I was able to pass the certification exam at the end so I'm happy!

Yesterday I went to this Bootcamp class that was so enjoyable to me! It was all women around my age and she had us doing all sorts of things but at the same giving us a great workout while outdoors.

The most enjoyable part to me is that the women all encouraged each other and seemed to know each other as well. I went because I bought a Living Social Deal that was $25 for 4 weeks of classes. I really hope the actual class is affordable because I would love to continue this type of class.

I've only lost 7 lbs this challenge so I have a long ways to go to make that 20 lb weighloss mark. But that's still my goal.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good hearing from you Cristina 7 lbs is a lot of weight to lose. I still have a + on my end of th barging but closing in on it.
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    @slw19 Yes, my head is back in the game! :) I will begin June1 and give it 4-6weeks. I do enjoy the Quest protein powder and usually try to have it post workout. B)

@SeeAhtter787 You are having great success! What does your eating plan consist of and how many calories?

My eating plan is whatever I want to eat. Not that I eat a lot of junk anyway. But I try to stay as close to 1420 calories a day. My base is 1420 according to MFP. I really try hard not to eat my exercise calories back. And when I have a cheat day I will eat some of the exercise calories but never go over my allotment for the day. I am a hard core chocoholic so I have a 20 oz cup of hot cocoa every morning. But that is all I have for breakfast. Sadly the cocoa fills me up. And I usually take a few hours to drink it all. My diary should be open to all of you want to look at it. The other thing I do is try to get in worthwhile exercise every day. I prefer to swim but lately life has gotten in the way of that so I make sure the dogs get walked and the lawn is mowed and the weeds are pulled.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Esther your age has lot to do with burning those calories. When I was in my 59,s I could lose weight real good but the last 40 years has taken a tole on me. Maybe what Connie is going thru. I am so hoping this vegan diet will turn thing around for me. Time will tell. Any. Way I will continue my search
    Marie

Thanks for telling us.your plan
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Yeah, Marie..we just have to figure it out..time and patience. B)
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally found the secret to riding a bike again!!!!!!!!!!! Ok so it has to be stationary but a bike is a bike. Right? I have to put the seat up so far I can't reach the ground in order to be able to comfortably get the left knee to pedal. But I lasted 10 minutes on level 16!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been on a bike in almost 10 years!!!

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Congrats Esther on your. Bike ride!

Marie WTG
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    @SeeAhtter787 I guess it's like they say, it's just like riding a bike. ;)
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    @CALIECAT I'm really excited about your vegan diet making you feel so good!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Tell me Esther how did I you get the back wheel up to make it stationary. I ha a 3 wheeler I would like to do it to.
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Tell me Esther how did I you get the back wheel up to make it stationary. I ha a 3 wheeler I would like to do it to.
    Marie

I just used the ones at our rec center. But there are stands to put under the rear wheel to make a regular bike stationary. Might be able to find a cheaper one on Amazon or eBay. I know they are made. My cousin used to have one.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

Looks like some of you were up early this morning! Esther..I know getting on that bike was great! I need to pull mine out.

Body pump for me this morning, but first I need to walk the dog before it gets too hot.
    Check back later!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Yep I was up early and decided to get log in my problem was it was not 12 am in California. It was245 here but only 11 45 in ca. Went back to bed.
    We go pick up my hearing aids. This morning. Pretty excited
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning,

I just finished my long post and lost it! So aggravating :s

So I will be short, I am still struggling with my weight and got on the scale and not moving again.
    I have substituted a meal this week with a smoothie and things are still not moving.
    I am like Esther I don't eat my exercise calories.

Connie - I guess I am with you and the evil scale, still struggling but will never give up. My statistics at the
    doctor's are finally improving after all these years. Actually that is why I started this all along.
    I did get that bike ride in I did 9.6 miles I usually do about 10-11 but didn't push it first time out this year.

My Yoga classes has helped my strength a lot and I am doing Level 2 poses now and feel good.
    It's just the scale and my goal that is not happening. I am basically using South Beach diet as my guide
    and try to follow it with some changes here and there.

Today will be baking cookies for my daughter's baby shower/house warming party on Saturday. I will also
    be making slimming soup for us for our lunches.

Now for my walk this morning and then get going on the baking.

Enjoy your day, I am with everyone if they want to post their weight on here. I am still doing the July 4th
    challenge but failing miserably on it. Keep strong !

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I moved over to the 4th of July Group forum. And have been posting my losses there.

But I have lost 5.8 lbs since April 7. Just under 1 lb/wk. I only have 1.4 lbs until goal. MFP has really kept me in check and so hope to continue MFP with maintenance.

Great motivation you all.
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Marie, I have a stand that makes my road bike stationary. They are $$$. I see them at the used sporting goods stores often, though. Ours is called play it again sports.
    Ruthie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Hi girls. I decided to take it easy today. My knees are screaming at me today. We had a thunderstorm that dropped the pressure for the night. Arthur Itis the man I wish would go away decided to wake me up this morning. So I swam a little this morning but then I decided since I had to buy a new swimsuit (a size smaller than the last one B) ) I might just as well put it to use so I am laying in my backyard soaking up some vitamin d. Last night is the first rain we have has since April 29!!!!!! For a rainforest we are drying out!!!!!! I already have tanness as one of my friends calls it. My only problem is I have to watch the time spent out in the sun. 120 minutes max. Then I must go inside and cool my skin down. Otherwise you can put me on a platter and serve me as a lobster for dinner

Esther