20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Esther...too funny...Arthur Itis!

Congrats on smaller swimsuit. I wear a swim unitard to my pool classes, and it is hanging in the crotch! I used to wear swim skirts, but they kept floating up around my waist..very annoying! B)
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing ok.
    Finished our porch and did clean up today.
    I am so sore all over especially my knees. So happy the hard part of this project is over!!!!
    Got on the scales for the first time in over a week and am up 1.5 lbs. Could not believe my
    eyes. Working my behind off and eating fewer calories and up on the scales!!! ??????!!!!!!
    Hopefully back to a more normal schedule next week. Missed not being plugged in to my friends here.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Oh Nancy I just knew you were going to tell you had a good loss after workin your "behind off" maybe it is just slow catching up. I have gone 3 morning staying the same, but not giving up.

Got my hearing aids today got to get used to them.

I was reading in a book called eat to live much like the plan I am on and lots of smoothies recipe without usin those protein shakes I will be trying out.

Look like I won't be getting a new. Computer after all. Alice husband call best buy and told them ti try to fixed mine and it is ready and running really for .Alice and I to pick up Saturday bring it on. My eyes is ready too. They are so sore tryin to read on this IPad I have used so much eyes drops trying to keep them wet.
    So going to close before I lose this post

marie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    @CALIECAT I'm so glad you're getting your computer back soon! I know how bad it is to type on those iPads. And I hope you like your new hearing aids!

@eyegirl777va You finished that porch fast! I bet it looks really nice, I know you'll enjoy it so much. Give the scales a few days to catch up. :)

@lovesretirement I use those swim skirts, they really go crazy in a hot tub.

@JLoRuthie I like Play It Again Sports, that's where I got my treadmill years ago. It makes me happy to know that when we move, and I lose the gym I have here, that I have a good treadmill waiting for me in storage. That, and the TV that I still use, are the two best things I spent my money on in my teenage years. My treadmill was brand new, retailed for $1,000, and I got it for $500 + tax. It's the kind with a long and wide tread belt. <3 it.

@vicky1947mfp I'm so excited for you! Any day now you'll have reached your goal! MFP has really helped to keep me in check also. I don't think I would have stuck to it without MFP and you all. I hope it helps you just as much when maintenance rolls around, I know I'll still be glued to MFP when I hit maintenance. I hope we will successfully maintain for life. :)

@Shirley61 I've lost so many long posts on here, it really is distressing. :/ I might have already asked you this before, but what's in your slimming soup?

@SeeAhtter787 Yay for smaller sizes! :D

Tomorrow is my weigh-day. I hope I get a smile-inducing number on the scale. I've started jogging on the treadmill along with my walking, and I think it's making a visual difference. It seems to be really good for squashing my leg fat. I started at 10 minute jogs a few weeks ago, with a goal of 30 minutes, and I've done 30 minutes two days in a row now, plus once a few days ago. So I may not be at my weight goal yet, but there are other goals that can be met, and it was exciting to meet this one. My body used to not be capable of that, and now it is. :) My plan is to make jogging, instead of walking, my daily routine once I hit maintenance.
    I've gained a few "new" pairs of jeans this last week from my closet. :D I'm proud to currently be a size 10 jean, and some Medium shirts are starting to be roomy. :)
    The pool here opens this weekend, but I'll be waiting until next weekend to get in it. It's been really chilly and cool here the last few days, so I don't think it'll be good pool weather anyway. Plus I need to work on my tan. And I'd like an extra week of jogging before prancing around half naked. :blush: They'll be holding a "pool party" next weekend to officially celebrate pool season, eating the wrong foods shouldn't be too big of an issue, since it'll mostly be hotdogs or other meat. I'll probably end up with a diet soda and a mini bag of Frito's like last year. :)

-Rachel
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. I took it easy.........well..........relatively. My good knee has been really sore lately so I swam 45 minutes doing laps and then I walked in the current pool for 45 minutes. After I got home the fog we had this morning had burned off and it was just gorgeous out so I decided to grab the air mattress and a good book and soak up a little vitamin d. I set the timer for 90 minutes. Glad I didn't set it for longer. I am now suffering from an "allergic reaction due to vitamin d overdose" (sunburn) B) It isn't really bad. I'm just a tad pink. About the shade of medium well steak. I don't tan. I have to pink up first. By morning the pink will turn tan and it will give me a good base. So I will be able to stay outside longer amounts of time as the summer goes by. I really enjoyed laying there with my puppies next to me as I read and listening to the birds chirping. I could have fallen asleep out there :/ bad idea. I think tomorrow I will get the pool for the kids set up on the back deck.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good morning, Losers! Happy Friday!

B) Nancy..the evil >:) scale cannot get the best of us!
    B) Maire...so glad you're getting a new puter.
    B) Vicky..Wow..how does it feel to almost be THERE?? :)
    B) Ray..size 10 is something to be proud of! I can only dream.
    B) Esther.. a rest day may be needed for your knees..not stay in bed rest, but maybe a little less stress on them.

I'm headed to the gym for training and Aquazumba! I got a new tracker, a Garmin Vivo2, that I can wear in the shower, pool, and does not have to be charged since it has a battery. Finally can track my steps in the water!! B)

Make it a great day, losers!
    Stay strong!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Can't get my reply to post <3 Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Last night I couldn't post my dinner. I tried twice but the site was down for maintenance.

I did lose .02 lbs. not much but I will take it. I will continue substituting my meals with a smoothie maybe next week will
    make a difference. I teetering back and forth so frustrating.

This morning is Yoga class and then home to make chili for my hubby and the rest of guys.. They are leaving Sunday
    to go up to the cottage and put a new roof on.

Ray - I will post my Slimming Soup on here after I get back from Yoga.

Nancy - So frustrating when you work and work and see no loss. Maybe next week will better.

See you all later.

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies.

Feels good to have time to read and post for a change.

Vicky. It's great to see you have almost reached your goal.

Rachel, Size 10 is awesome!!!

Shirley, I have lost the same weight over and over too and it is so frustrating.

Connie, I am anxious to see how your shake up works. You will find the right combination and all your hard work will show up.

Marie, You might have found your new way of eating. Happy for you!!!

Steph, Hope all is well with you.

Esther, You are so amazing. Can't believe you do what you do with those knees!!! You rock!!!

Nancy

• tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow winners! The past two days were too crazy to read posts. I will catch up later as I am off today and heading to our daughter's house for a day with her and the babies!

I'm happy to report a small loss! I'll check in later. Happy Memorial Day weekend!

SW: 186 (Jan)
    CW: 177.7

Becky
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Becky- Enjoy the grandkids, I will be seeing my grandson tomorrow at his party and I am excited.

Here is the Slimming Soup recipe for anyone that wants it.

1 1/2 lb lean ground beef, turkey or chopped chicken ( I use ground turkey or chicken)
    1 tsp Olive Oil
    1 large onion peeled and chopped
    1 large red, green, or yellow pepper chopped
    1 large yellow squash , chopped
    8 oz mushrooms, chopped
    2 tsp chopped garlic, chopped
    celery (optional)
    1 bottle (46oz) reduced sodium tomato or veggie juice
    1 can garbanzo or black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 can (14oz) crushed tomatoes
    1 tbsp fresh lime juice
    1 tbsp ground cumin
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/4 c fresh or dried cilantro and parsley
    I also add broth but that is optional

Heat ground meat with garlic and onion until cooked through.
    In same pot add peppers, squash, mushrooms, cook until veges are tender
    Stir in juice, beans, tomatoes,lime juice, cumin, cayenne to cooked meat
    Add up to 1 cup water to thin soup
    Simmer but do not boil for 20 mins
    Add cilantro and parsley
    Garnish with parmesan if desired

Store for 5 days in fridge or freeze

ENJOY!

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    I just finished the chili which has ground deer meat, I am sure the guys will love it.

• eyegirl777va
    Options
    Shirley, Thanks for the slimming soup recipe. It really sounds good.
    Nancy
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    That sounds good, Shirley! I'll replace the meat with "meat" protein crumbles, I'll definitely be trying that!

Esther, I need to start soaking up a little sun too! I actually do get an allergic reaction from sun exposure sometimes, I break out in little red spots. I'm reminded every year. :P

Connie, you'll get there! At some point you're going to find the key to your own personal success. I hope you're able to find it soon, you deserve it so much!

Thanks, Nancy!

I had a smile-inducing weigh in this morning like I'd hoped. Although I wasn't expecting it to be so nice. I lost another 2 lbs. as of today, I'm 3 lbs. from my original goal, and 9 lbs. from my ultimate goal. They say the last 10 lbs. are the hardest to let go, so I'm hoping with only 9 I'm well on my way. :D I'm thinking I'll probably end up with a little loose belly skin. I've always had a belly roll no matter what my weight was, so I don't know if it can go away or not. After the next 3 lbs. I need to start strength training, I need to get my arm flaps moving. Hopefully I can give myself the gift of ultimate weight loss for my birthday this year, I have 8 weeks to do it. I want this year to be my year, I started school, I'm losing the weight, and hopefully we'll get a nice house soon. Maybe at some point I'll actually feel like an adult. ... Nah.
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Saturday!

Ray..you are close enough now the to be standing in the light of your tunnel! Good for you! :)
    Shirley..the soup recipe looks great! thanks!
    Marie/Steph...where are you guys?
    Nancy..I'm still deciding what route to take. I've been looking into Eat More To Weigh Less...there is a group on this site and an official website. It's all about resetting your metabolism. In the meantime, I am being very careful weighing and measuring my intake and logging everything.

Today and Sunday are rest days for me, and my body needs them!

Make it a great day and stay strong!

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm here connie!! busy day yesterday and nothing to report. I have been going up and down the same lb for the last couple of weeks. I am going to have a cheat meal over the weekend and hope that helps. it is either a cheat or a day off of exercising and I'm not really good at that:( I am so happy to not be gaining but , like the rest of you, would love to see the scale moving in the lower direction.

hope everyone has a great day!!

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Morning, hope this is my last day to have to log in on this
    Ipad.so make it brief . Done lost my post 3 times already grrrrrrrrr.

I am having a bowl of butter beans for breakfast. Mm,mm,mm so good. See you all later in the daylove Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good Morning Losers,
    Ray, I am so happy for you to be on the last 10 of your journey. That is inspiring!!!
    Going to be 2 days of rest for me too. I really need to clean house but I just can't get motivated for that!
    Marie, I am not sure about butter beans for breakfast??? Glad you are enjoying your new plan.
    Have a happy Memorial Day Weekend.
    Nancy
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Yesterday was wonderful spent just playing with Joseph and Emily and visiting with Jessica and Joe. Dave and I are babysitting tonight so Jess and Joe can have a date night. :-)

Marie, so glad to hear how well you are doing on the vegan diet and that your computer is getting fixed.

Connie, I am excited to see how you do next month with the calorie zig zagging. I was a member of Eat more to weigh less group for quite some time. For my body, it ended up eating more and weighing more. I think it was because the members do tons of weight lifting and I was not doing as much as they were. Keep us posted on your success (I feel it coming with your changes!) ;-)

Ray, great job getting to a size 10!

At 177.7 lb, I am a size 12 and would like to get to a size 10 some time soon! My body is strange in that I don't look like I weigh 177.7 size wise. When I weighed 130 I was a size 4 with my hip bones protruding. I must have super dense bones LOL My sisters are both quite "fluffy" with large abdomens and chicken legs and they wear sizes much bigger than I do even though I weigh more. I hold onto weight more in my hips and thighs than in my abdomen. I'm grateful I got my mothers pear shape while they got my dad's apple shape.

Esther, 50 lbs is such a great accomplishment! I can't wait for you to have new knees. When will you have the surgeries?

Janice, at the time I created my email and user name of tenpets, we did have 10 pets! 4 dogs and 6 cats. We now have 3 (different) dogs and 2 of the old cats and 2 different ones. It's good that you are moving a bit forward with extra loving to the other dogs you have! <3 My schedule this week kicked my butt, but I think I can make it through the summer. I really love being back in the hospital with patients and my students! :p

Nancy, great job on the porch and here's hoping the weight comes off soon.

Shirley, your recipe sounds tasty. I still have some venison chili in the freezer and it's so delicious and healthy, too!
    Last night we had some homemade bean and ham soup I made in March. It was yummy!

Stephanie, hang in there!

I plan to post my weight stats again every Friday. I think we should all get back to posting once a week.

I am really enjoying eating with no off limit food categories and simply being faithful to logging and staying in a good calorie range. I really have to fight the urge to try "the next big thing." I'm a sucker for thinking "this will be the diet that actually does it for me!" Then I go off the deep end with some crazy fad that never works. I've been drawn to those fads since my teens and they really have a hold on my psyche. :s

Well, off to the grocery store for a few things. We'll work on the pond all day tomorrow and Monday. We've got to get it finished. The Koi are way too big for our tiny prefab pond!

Have a wonderful day, friends! <3

Becky
  • CALIECAT
    edited May 2015
    Options
    No computer again. They . Are sending it off. So at least two more weeks of it will actual drive me nuts
    We did I go out to eat lunch I had a very nice veggie plate, carrots, black eyes. Peas, boiled cabbage tea, no Bread, very good I had a salad but no blue cheese dressing and it was not good. With out the dressing.

Alice did show me how to get around on this IPad so maybe it will be easier for me.

This vegan diet is getting better and almost like I have been. Eating this way along time.
    I am cooking got a a pot of butter beans tomorrow and some sweet potatoes. We stop at the dollar and got a bunch of frozen. Fruit @ a dollar a. Bag for my smoothie real good buy I got two of each. peaches, blueberries, strawberries, mangos

Have a great eveing ,Marie