20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

Nancy..I know your son is on the mend this morning. Try not to worry too much. As with all things, it could have been so much worse.

Well, misfits, not much to report here. I'm going to body pump at the gym this morning and need to run errands, too, so I will be busy. I'll check back later.

Stay strong!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Nancy , terrible news about you son. So glad he is going to be ok.my prayers are. With you and your family . And so sorry to hear about it

Connie I hope increasing your calories is the answer to your weight problem. You would think what work for one would work for all. But that is not true good luck to you. Nice to wake up with so many of you posting although some sad news. From
    Nancy. We are here for you
    Go to go get my coffee.
    Marie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning,

nancy, hope your son is feeling better today.

connie, how is the increase going? I ate 1000 extra calories yesterday and feel sick and gross today! I am up 3lbs from yesterday but have not lost in a while so my trainer and nutritionist both suggested a cheat meal. my nutritionist said to eat enough that I felt sickly full and didn't even want to look at it. I felt like that:( plus, as a reminder to everyone, I had a restless nice with a tummy ache. hopefully I will see some progress over the next week.

marie, good to see you!!

hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!

Stephanie
  • lovesretirement
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @slw19 It's going well. I am eating the same, just more of it. I do get full, not sick full, though. This week I am eating most exercise cals back so next week will not be any different except they will already be added in to my daily goal. The scale has remained steady. In fact, it is at my lowest weight and is not fluctuating like it normally does.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    connie, try the almond breeze unsweetened chocolate almond milk with the quest protein powder!! it is so good!!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Connie, I hope your new plans brings you some great results!
    slw19 wrote: »
    rachel, way to go on the loss. you are almost there, if only i was 20 years younger:) how tall are you? i am 5'6 and shooting for 130

Stephanie
    I'm 5' 8" and shooting for 134. :)

We pretty much figured it out last night, but we woke up this morning and our AC is out. Luckily we're still in an apartment at the moment so that will get fixed for us! Hopefully it's fixed soon, it's starting to get muggy/humid because of storms rolling in all week.
    I have my final test for my computer class this quarter today, wish me luck! I'm going to get some studying in after the gym here in a minute.

I hope everyone has a successful Tuesday! Stay strong and dedicated! :)

-Rachel
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Marie-I have been seeing all the bad weather in Texas, I hope you and your family are all safe and unaffected by it. Glad to see you have found a plan that is working for you, and that your losing on it.

Connie- It seems like changing up your calories is working for you, with you being your lowest weight, especially after a holiday weekend, its amazing how you are always so busy going to tbe gym and zumba and all the other exercises you do, I definitely need to incorporate more activity in my life.

Rachel- I hope they get your air fixed soon, its windy right now, so I have my windows open, until it rains. Good luck on your final, will you be out of school after that.

Stephanie- I hope your stomach ache feels better soon, isnt it crazy that before your body was use to eating that much, it sounds like your stomach has definitely shrank alot..

Esther-sounds like this weekend was really fun, its good you got to relax and unwind after all of the ballet and costumes and recitals. You have really done wonderful with all your weight loss, I am sure the doctor will be happy with your results and will give you the go ahead on your new knees.

Well I gotta go, I have to get ready to go to my doctor, I havent been in over a year a half, probably the longest in my life, I usually go 2 to 3 times a year, I just havent needed to, he hasnt seen me since I lost my weight, he will be happy about that.
    Janice
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Misfits :)

Started off this week on a good note foodwise so I am hopeful I keep it up all week.., looking forward to swimming tonight!! I think it has really made a difference in my stamina and has helped tons with my low back problems :)

@CALIECAT ... Congratulations on your 2 pound loss Marie!! Your determination is a huge inspiration for us all :) Stay safe!!!!

@eyegirl777va ... Holy cow Nancy!! What a fluke accident!! Prayers for his quick recovery and keeping his pain under control!

@seeAhtter77... I am so happy you are at Swedish Esther. They do an amazing job on difficult reconstructive surgery and Dr. Toomey is very highly regarded. Your weekend sounds like an absolute blast! I am going to have to remember the ball and chain gag"if" my oldest son ever gets married B)

@rayw89.... I had to laugh Rachel. I am having the same problem with my former tight clothes. By the time they fit at the waist, they were huge in the hips and legs!! But I'm toughing it out LOL. It is really weird how my body has changed this time around, and I am definitely going to embrace it! Now if I could just lose some off my bosom and get rid of the braline backfat :(

@lovesretirement .. I am looking forward to seeing how upping your calories works Connie. Another friend is starting the Eat more program this week too. This whole losing weight thing feels like one giant neverending science project :s

Off to make this an awesome day. Hope you all have a great week <3

Tami
  • lovesretirement
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Sandcastles61 HAHA... Sooooo funny... "this whole losing weight thing is like one giant never ending science project!"

Love it and so true because, in reality, that's exactly what this is!!! ;)

I hope I get an "A" on mine!!!
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Tony finally got some relief from pain last night.
    Waiting for Dr. to see if there is blood flow to the thumb. If not he will have to go back to surgery.
    If it looks good he might get to go home tonight.

Hope everyone is doing ok and seeing a good number on the scales.

Hubby hurt knee last week. Going for MRI @ 3:15. About enough of this!!!

Nancy❤️
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello Losers,

I had lunch with a friend at Panera Bread today and usually order the chicken chopped avocado salad and a
    whole grain roll. I arrived early so I ordered before my friend arrived and did have a cookie with her with my
    coffee which I usually don't do.

My hubby is still away and probably will be back on Wed sometime. I like the fact I don't have to worry about meals
    but don't like the sleeping alone.

NANCY - So sorry to hear about your son but it looks like things are improving and it could have been way worse.
    You are in my prayers.

Have a good evening,

Shirley

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    smiley-sad010.gif Nancy, so sorry to hear about your son's injuries.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    22,000 steps
    three hours of dog walking in beautiful spring weather
    over an hour on the exercise bike
    20 minutes strength training
  • rayw89
    Options
    Nancy, I hope your husband's MRI went well today. You and your family need a break, that's too much to go through in one week.

Shirley, I used to work at Panera Bread. The chicken hummus power bowl is delicious, I used to make it for lunch and substitute extra veggies instead of having the chicken on it. Their cilantro hummus is really good though.
    Rachel- I hope they get your air fixed soon, its windy right now, so I have my windows open, until it rains. Good luck on your final, will you be out of school after that.
    Janice
    The problem with the AC was worse than they thought, apparently. They had people out last week to change the filters, and they think they damaged something when they did it. So we have window AC units in the livingroom and bedroom window now, it kind of makes it feel house-like in here now, haha. They're doing a good job though and it's nice and cool where it matters. I think I actually prefer the way these cool more than the central air, my husband always has it freezing because his computers and servers in the office keep it hot in that half of the apartment. But I'm not freezing with these window units, just comfy. :)
    I got an A on my test, and I think I have a 96%-97% over all for that class. As far as I can tell I'll be getting A's in my other two classes also. I have a Powerpoint to present one-on-one to my instructor on Thursday, and then on Monday the group presentation I worked on with two other students is to be given. That one is infront of the entire class, and luckily I don't think I'm the one presenting it. *fingers crossed* You never know though.
    I'll be out of school for 2 weeks after that, and then the 2nd quarter starts. I'm looking forward to it because I'll actually start learning some of the things I'm there for! :)
    @rayw89.... I had to laugh Rachel. I am having the same problem with my former tight clothes. By the time they fit at the waist, they were huge in the hips and legs!! But I'm toughing it out LOL. It is really weird how my body has changed this time around, and I am definitely going to embrace it! Now if I could just lose some off my bosom and get rid of the braline backfat :(

Tami
    I think I'm the opposite, by the time things fit in the hips and legs, they're too loose in the waist. I'm really enjoying seeing my body come into itself. When I was really young, around 5-6 years and younger, I was stick thin. So I think my natural form is actually to be really thin. If I look past the fat/skin hanging on my arms I can tell my arms are supposed to be very thin. I have really good collarbone and shoulder bone definition. I don't think I'll ever be stick thin again though(I don't want to be a stick anyway), because I have some inherited inner thighs, and I'm not sure if my belly roll will ever roll away. And unfortunately my bosom ran off with the other lbs. I lost. :/ Don't worry though, the back fat will go away as you lose. My back has lost it's rolls. :)

We're re-looking at a house tomorrow, and looking at the one next door to it as well. They're technically new-builds, they were built 4 years ago as show houses for an upcoming subdivision. Apparently interest is picking up on them, so we'll likely make our move tomorrow. Just need to decide which one we want. Hopefully all goes well and in our favor!

Trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight, I'm not sure if I want to go the breakfast route or bean burrito route. Time to go do some calculating.

-Rachel
  • rayw89
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    22,000 steps
    three hours of dog walking in beautiful spring weather
    over an hour on the exercise bike
    20 minutes strength training
    Nice step count!
  • lovesretirement
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

Ray..great GPA! You are on it! Good luck with the house hunting today.
    Barbie..good to see you! I know your dogs are loving those walks.
    Shirley..glad you enjoyed lunch!
    Nancy..what a week already! I hope both men in your life are doing well!

It's personal training and the pool today for me. Also, I am .04 down and I'm taking it! :)
    (It's been so long, I'm not sure how much I've lost for the July challenge!)

Make it a great day and stay strong!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I thought I posted here must not have hit. Post reply dumb me

Congrats you Connie . Saw on our home page you ha a loss this morn

Me too I am down to my Easter weight hoping tp to get in the 180 by Friday. Keeping my fingers crossed
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options

Me too I am down to my Easter weight hoping tp to get in the 180 by Friday. Keeping my fingers crossed
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options

Marie